Harvey Weinstein (and others) accused of sexual harrasement

RaoulDuke79

WFT is up with these guys? In what world is this acceptable behavior?

I mean, JFC I couldn't even entertain the thought of some of this stuff, maybe it's how I was raised to view women but honestly...this just makes me sad.

it has been well known since around 1908 that parts in movies are given out through sexual favours

what turnip truck did someone just fall off to not know this, OR WORSE pretend they didn't

I suppose in your mind that excuses sexual assault?

It's a huge bowl of "way to late" to try to rectify the situation in a week, I'm not sure more than a dozen Hollywood biggies can survive a purge if it goes this far.

I have always felt this lifestyle was an abomination and do not participate in this myself, nor give money or time to Hollywood movies.

GoBills, you HONESTLY NEVER heard that people give their bodies over to land a role before Harvey?

You make me laugh.... you probably beat it to some personal fantasies about having this power since you were 12.

It's a huge bowl of "way to late" to try to rectify the situation in a week, I'm not sure more than a dozen Hollywood biggies can survive a purge if it goes this far.

I have always felt this lifestyle was an abomination and do not participate in this myself, nor give money or time to Hollywood movies.

GoBills, you HONESTLY NEVER heard that people give their bodies over to land a role before Harvey?

You make me laugh.... you probably beat it to some personal fantasies about having this power since you were 12.

No. Where I come from men don't act like that.

And it's not funny, it's sad that you've taken a not-unheard of phenomenon and used it as justification for the crimes these men have committed.

not to get too dicey on this board, but I always scoffed when told this kind of stuff is 100% about POWER and 0% about SEX.

I can accept its about both, maybe sliding the scale a bit more towards the power side.

I agree with you 100%. I disagree with you 0%

https://news.grabien.com/story-corey-feldman-i-will-release-every-name-i-have-knowledge-nob

Lauer being the Hollywood "cover-up puppethead" right through this interview.

Why didn't you say anything?

I DID AND EVERYONE IGNORED IT (especially flacks and toadies like you, Lauer, and you are STILL doing it with this so-called interview..,)

It never ends...

Why aren't people speaking up when this schit is actually happening?

What did they think they would get in return for staying silent?

I am not giving these scum bags a pass, but don't people stand up for themselves, have ideals no matter what it does to their career.

You know who I really respect, Jewel, the singer... She talked about this schit, but didn't sell her ideals to the casting couch... And she still made it big. She talked about this stuff a bunch of years ago.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I'm not even sure it was a given he had any sexuality at all.

Me neither, but the guy is a walking mess of inappropriateness.

That's among the least surprising things I've ever read!

That's all I'm saying.

Why aren't people speaking up when this schit is actually happening?

What did they think they would get in return for staying silent?

I am not giving these scum bags a pass, but don't people stand up for themselves, have ideals no matter what it does to their career.

You know who I really respect, Jewel, the singer... She talked about this schit, but didn't sell her ideals to the casting couch... And she still made it big. She talked about this stuff a bunch of years ago.

Lots of people do speak up when it happens. They just had/have no platform or way to amplify their message - which made it super easy to crush them and keep them silent either through direct pressure or media pressure. Hollywood is a small town, surprisingly, your reputation is 90% of what gets you work. Someone like HW can kill a career through word of mouth.

Social media changed the equation. Now even the lowliest person on a set or in a production office has a huge platform and a way to fight back against that kind of smear tactic.

Lots of people do speak up when it happens. They just had/have no platform or way to amplify their message - which made it super easy to crush them and keep them silent either through direct pressure or media pressure. Hollywood is a small town, surprisingly, your reputation is 90% of what gets you work. Someone like HW can kill a career through word of mouth.

Social media changed the equation. Now even the lowliest person on a set or in a production office has a huge platform and a way to fight back against that kind of smear tactic.

Bullfiuckingshit! There is a plateform and always has been. The narcissistic bastards put up with it because they never wanted to hear the words youll never work in this town again! So they put up with it. They got what they deserved. I worked in restaurants in LA and Hollywood for 10 years. Cooked at some of the biggest names. I didnt put up with their ****.

We did a movie premiere when I was at Ma Maison in the mid 80s. They told us to just stand there and let the guests serve themselves. Jose Eber comes by and holds out his plate. I give a slight how ya doin nod. He holds the plate a little further out. I give another nod. Clearly annoyed he shoves the plate at me. I smile and calmly hand him the tongs. !@#$stick served himself for probably the first time in years.

They all deserve each other.

Bullfiuckingshit! There is a plateform and always has been. The narcissistic bastards put up with it because they never wanted to hear the words youll never work in this town again! So they put up with it. They got what they deserved. I worked in restaurants in LA and Hollywood for 10 years. Cooked at some of the biggest names. I didnt put up with their ****.

We did a movie premiere when I was at Ma Maison in the mid 80s. They told us to just stand there and let the guests serve themselves. Jose Eber comes by and holds out his plate. I give a slight how ya doin nod. He holds the plate a little further out. I give another nod. Clearly annoyed he shoves the plate at me. I smile and calmly hand him the tongs. !@#$stick served himself for probably the first time in years.

:lol:

There are many who fit that description, people who tolerate the abuse because of the implied quid pro quo. No question about it.

There are also many who tried to speak up/fight back and were met with silence, indifference, or litigation.

who the !@#$ is Jose? I'm being serious...

But also I have to ask is his brother Hosee B?

:lol:

There are many who fit that description, people who tolerate the abuse because of the implied quid pro quo. No question about it.

There are also many who tried to speak up/fight back and were met with silence, indifference, or litigation.

Who did they speak up to?

Who did they speak up to?

That's my point - there's no HR department you can talk to in most of these jobs, when they spoke up they could only speak to their friends/co-workers in the industry, which boils down to their word versus the word of powerful people with gobs of money and lawyers.

Social media, for all its warts, has changed this dynamic dramatically in this one, very specific, industry on this issue because of how dependent upon social media the "powerful" people in the biz are.

Jose Eber.

:lol::lol:

Jose Eber.

Well sure. Everyone tells all to their hairdresser

That's my point - there's no HR department you can talk to in most of these jobs, when they spoke up they could only speak to their friends/co-workers in the industry, which boils down to their word versus the word of powerful people with gobs of money and lawyers.

Social media, for all its warts, has changed this dynamic dramatically in this one, very specific, industry on this issue because of how dependent upon social media the "powerful" people in the biz are.

:lol::lol:

So no one thought to go to the authorities with rape accusations? Of course not. Getting !@#$ed by the money in Hollywood as been all part of the biz for over 80 years. As I said they all deserve each other

Aren't you the one who never knows anybody, and I'm supposed to know who the !@#$ Jose Eber is?

After seeing Scarface, I wouldn't be doing this:

In an exclusive interview with Radar Online, Tony Montana claims the American Beauty star groped his genitalia while he ordered a drink at a bar in Los Angeles in 2003.

This one will lead to bigger names, it's one of the ones I've been waiting for:

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-brett-ratner-allegations-20171101-htmlstory.html

they make jokes in Hollywood about him all the time. Even on an award show about a casting call sex assault level.

I called it a few pages ago.

I am betting 99% of these are nothing more than a confident man making a move on a woman and her turning him down etc

Jeez these casting couches must be tough. Elizabeth hawkenson had it terribly

they make jokes in Hollywood about him all the time. Even on an award show about a casting call sex assault level.

I called it a few pages ago.

I am betting 99% of these are nothing more than a confident man making a move on a woman and her turning him down etc

Jeez these casting couches must be tough. Elizabeth hawkenson had it terribly

Aside from the actual squeezing and squeezing one out in front of them, you may be onto something.

Some people make it sound like a casting couch culture is somehow ok because its always been that way or some women went along with it. As if being taken advantage of is good for the victim.

Most of the accusations being made are far in excess of that culture. And the underage stuff is criminal, not just confident men.

When my daughter is trying to get a job, her bosses arent asking for a massage. Why? Because they are not scum. And if they do, they will be fired.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.