Bring in Stevie Johnson

QB Bills

No thanks. He was overrated when he was here. Now he's just older. More broken down.

He was a 7th round pick , overrated ? I don't know what kind of shape he's in , but I do know that we ain't got s¥it for WR's , anything better then what we have should be welcomed

...turrible idea........

Let's see what happens if Tyrod has another 180 yard passing game , and we lose

Stevie Johnson, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Chan Gailey are all available, no?

If McWrestleBeane doesn't make it happen by noon eastern today, I hereby sentence this team to an eternity of doom because of ego and reasons and Schwartz and comp picks.

vader.jpg

He was a 7th round pick , overrated ? I don't know what kind of shape he's in , but I do know that we ain't got s¥it for WR's , anything better then what we have should be welcomed

Let's see what happens if Tyrod has another 180 yard passing game , and we lose

...and you seriously think Johnson would be the cure?......how novel..............

Didnt he miss an entire season last due to a pretty bad knee tear? I would pass....just bring up reilly from the PS...knows the system in place already......dont think the bills are gonna bring in a WR who has to get accoustomed to the scheme...just cant see it.....if they do then bring in someone who didnt miss alot of time off the field....

He steps in and is easily better than any WR on the field.

What's your idea then sir on how not to waste a playoff Defense?

Fix the scheme on the oline is a start......our line was very good last season now theyre hot garbage out of the gate.....im no coach but im thinking this may be a problem

Fix the scheme on the oline is a start......our line was very good last season now theyre hot garbage out of the gate.....im no coach but im thinking this may be a problem

I know that scheme too. It will never be back until teams secondary respect your long passing threat. Losing Goodwin and Watkins was a pretty big deal in hindsight.

Edited by Real McCoy

Not talking about his draft spot. Overrated as in people actually thinking he was a true #1 receiver when in actuality he wouldn't have started for the majority of teams. The fact that he was better than what else we had and took on a way bigger role than he ever should have. And no, not better because he was amazing...better because...I mean Donald Jones.

Yea, he played well against some darn good corners from time to time. Also dropped a ton of catchable balls, disappeared for huge chunks of games and never really made a difference when it mattered most.

But no, an oft injured, overhyped, self serving poor route runner is exactly what this team needs.

While we are at it I hear Frank Lewis and Jerry Butler are free...and they used to be Bills too. Maybe they should be signed? Wonder what Ahmad Rashad is up to these days...

Bring in T.J. Graham!

Bring in Lonnie Johnson!

Yeah, OK...

Butler and Lewis or I riot!

Edited by KelsaysLunchbox

I do still have his jersey, so I'm open to the idea.

I'm not sure a WCO WR that runs routes like a coked up spastic cat with Tourette's fits well... but at least his end zone celebrations won't draw flags this year

😂👍😂👍

Edited by Paul Costa

The only Stevie drop I recall is the Steelers one. Don't recall him dropping on a regular basis. I'm more so worried about developing chemistry with Tyrod in October. A big piece of his success was Fitz's trust in him and understanding his playground style of route running.

The only Stevie drop I recall is the Steelers one. Don't recall him dropping on a regular basis. I'm more so worried about developing chemistry with Tyrod in October. A big piece of his success was Fitz's trust in him and understanding his playground style of route running.H

He had a knack for timely drops that cost Bills games so it was magnified. Pitt in OT was the worst, he also had two drops against Jets costing victory, one against Bengals(poor ref call), a fumble against Falcons in TOR.

Overall he did not drop a lot just timely.

He was open all the time. He was 7-11 before Hogan. all-22 fans would melt down if he played now. He turned Revis Island into Revis nude beach.

Edited by cba fan

There have been some rumblings about a few teams that could use TO, but no way he pushes his HOF availability out another 5 years.

Depends on how badly TO both wants to play and how much he might need the money (he has been reported to have finical issues.) I doubt some team signs him but there have been a high amount of WR injuries in the league and anything is possible.

So then why would someone start a thread about a guy the whole rest of the league has had no interest for 2 years???

It's easy to be frustrated with the receiving group as it is. Sentimentally speaking, when someone sees a familiar name like Johnson as a free agent and think, "why not? How could it be worse? I am not advocating the thread, just stating that I see the thought behind it.

Logically speaking, Buffalo is better off resigning Streater or promoting Reilly.for the best chance at immediate improvement. This is a year where many teams have receiver depth issues. If Johnson still had it, he would be on a roster somewhere.

I think that a Johnson signing would be similar to the Harvin signing last year if it happened.