Charles Clay injury - knee scope, out multiple weeks

YoloinOhio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looked season ending to me which sucks because he was finally emerging, but either way his loss for any amount of time ensure this offense looks even more horrendous than todays game.

Time for Beane to make a move and prove we're not tanking. No excuse now with all the assets we have in place especially if this team truly fancies themselves a contender.

Gary Barnidge time? Not sure if he has anything left.

@profootballdoc

Bills TE Charles Clay is out at least a few weeks, perhaps more

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-charles-clay-injury-knee-bills-1008-story.html

Watching him on the sideline I was thinking ACL. I so hope I'm wrong though.

O'Leary is not too shabby though.

And while I am no doctor I have seen enough knee injuries in my years as a soccer coach I have a pretty good feel usually. It is a bit of a running joke with my friends that I can see a player leave a field with a knee injury and diagnose it just off watching the replay and be accurate at least 80% of the time.

They are not hard to diagnose once you know what you are looking for. The doc quoted in the OP is almost always right.

Edited by GunnerBill

Ok yea the guy is injured and out for a few weeks but quit it with the quackery of deciding whether it's an MCL or ACL solely based on video replay. It's a waste.

Quackery? Did you read the guy's bio? 17 years as an NFL team doc is pretty impressive...

Ok yea the guy is injured and out for a few weeks but quit it with the quackery of deciding whether it's an MCL or ACL solely based on video replay. It's a waste.

"likely" MCL.. "worry" for ACL... he didn't decide anything. And he absolutely knows what he's looking at. Like I said, he's nearly always right. And I only say nearly because I've never seen him get one wrong but not going to say I've seen all of his articles.

Quackery? Did you read the guy's bio? 17 years as an NFL team doc is pretty impressive...

And as I say if you know what you are looking for with knees it isn't that hard. Once you understand how the knee works when you see it bent in a way it shouldn't be or over extended you can make an educated guess as to which ligament is under stress.

Judging by the fact that he's had a chronic knee issue, has been rest days throughout his career, and sustained this injury as a direct result of from a lateral side hit, thereby bending the inside (medial) side of his knee inward its likely that he's sustained a MCL with meniscus damage, which could require microfracture surgery or removal of the meniscus making for more 'bone on bone' rubbing which will increase swelling and require even more rest days. You have a guy whose knee was a ticking time bomb.

Judging by the fact that he's had a chronic knee issue, has been rest days throughout his career, and sustained this injury as a direct result of from a lateral side hit, thereby bending the inside (medial) side of his knee inward its likely that he's sustained a MCL with meniscus damage, which could require microfracture surgery or removal of the meniscus making for more 'bone on bone' rubbing which will increase swelling and require even more rest days. You have a guy whose knee was a ticking time bomb.

:cry:

This game had me feeling like everything was going to blow up. It didn't disappoint...Back to reality

haha I kind of felt same way. But I'll take 3-2 at the the bye with this team and it's injuries. I see progress. Edited by YoloinOhio

No issue with a doctor making snap judgments based on video, and I'm sure he's going to be right about those judgments more than the average layperson. I stick to my point that it's still Dr. Oz - type quackery that made this doc popular online. And for the record, I'd let Dr. Oz perform heart surgery on me in a second, but I think half of what he says on tv is garbage.