Tyrod Played Okay

Good = Consistent in the NFL. Is anyone sick of the commentators reviewing the play (sack) from a higher angle.....and you can see receivers that Brady would have hit all day long. Just makes me wonder if Peterman could.

Edited by The Process

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have all of 6 posts dude. You couldn't possibly have made that assessment.

You disagree with my statement ? I've watched the posts for 2 months now.

Just telling you what I see every time I see that guys avatar. Guess I'll apologize for stating the obvious, have a good day.

But you said only 5 more consistent passers the other day?

I am here to call out the Cult because that is what they do. When he is good they make brash statements and then when he lays an egg they row back and say "nobody is saying he is the answer."

This week you have decried Deshaun Watson, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota and Carson Wentz in your frankly absurd campaign to prove Tyrod is better than Quarterbacks who have been drafted by teams who got off the pot and took a shot high in the draft. Today you try and row back and accept he could be as low as 20th best in the league.

I think Tyrod was bad today but it doesn't change my view from yesterday, last week or last month and I don't think he was the main reason we lost the game.

None of those QBs have proven anything. They've had games as bad or worse than Tyrod's today. That's all I've said, that he isn't any worse than most guys in the NFL. And that's still true. I said last week he is somewhere between 11th and 20th and I stand by it.

The answer is not to put Peterman in. It is to ring round your college scouts this week and tell them to cancel visits to watch anyone that isn't a potential franchise Quarterback who could declare in 2018. If I have to have 5 guys watch the Rosen one and 4 guys watch Mason Rudolph next week I will do it. Time for the Bills to get off the pot.

Edited by GunnerBill

It doesn't have to be one or the other. You can believe our lack of weapons was a major cause of the loss and still believe Tyrod was bad (which he was).

The offense as a whole was bad but when you only put it on the QB and claim we only need talent at QB then ur pushing an agenda.

Ours is a team that really can't take injuries. Won't be the case next year if they continue to improve the roster at the pace they have. So glad Darby is gone. Glad we are not tying money up in Sammy. Glad we have six picks. If TT had a deeper roster, you could make a deep playoff run with him. Would I rather have Mariotta or the equivalent? Yup,

On the surface it just looked baaaad.

But at the same time, our WR corps is the worst in the NFL and Taylor lost his only reliable weapon on offense other than McCoy.

At least a couple of the sacks he took were just coverage sacks because our crappy WRs couldn't get open. Some bad playcalling and some bad passes by Taylor and this was a game the Bengals were literally trying to give to us and we just couldn't take it.

Oh well, I doubt anyone would have said they'd be upset with 3-2 at the bye, but the team has some work to do in the next couple weeks.

The offense as a whole was bad but when you only put it on the QB and claim we only need talent at QB then ur pushing an agenda.

I didn't do that and more to the point I haven't seen anyone here say we only need talent at QB.

Edited by GunnerBill

But at the same time, our WR corps is the worst in the NFL and Taylor lost his only reliable weapon on offense other than McCoy.

At least a couple of the sacks he took were just coverage sacks because our crappy WRs couldn't get open. Some bad playcalling and some bad passes by Taylor and this was a game the Bengals were literally trying to give to us and we just couldn't take it.

Oh well, I doubt anyone would have said they'd be upset with 3-2 at the bye, but the team has some work to do in the next couple weeks.

I agree with all of this but I can't help to think this game is won with just slightly above average QB play. 1 or 2 good plays was all that was needed.

Team is really good though. We are scary thin, but really folks - we have to love this team. Can't afford injuries. Maybe we need to upgrade QB next year (I trust these guys to know), but they play their guts out every weak and generally are not stupid. Today felt different too - we could have won, they made the big mistakes. We did not have enough today, but I don't think a player in that locker will be down on the teams chances in the second half. Get healthy, make the playoffs. Clearly won't win the SB this year, but I like trying to build a winning mentality much more than tanking. Next year, who knows!

3-2 at the bye has .500 written all over it.

None of those QBs have proven anything. They've had games as bad or worse than Tyrod's today. That's all I've said, that he isn't any worse than most guys in the NFL. And that's still true. I said last week he is somewhere between 11th and 20th and I stand by it.

We rank 28 to 31 in passing offense he should be in the 20 to 30 range. No way in hell should Taylor even be in the conversation as a top 15 QB.

What do you want? No Clay, no Matthews. We were in position to win, relax. Bad last series for sure. Tyrod haters going to have their turn and I guess today is it. He was not why we lost.

As always, there is no one reason for a team loss. Green torched Tredavious White for a couple of big plays. That didn't help matters. The offensive line didn't have a great day. They were dominated on many plays. Tyrod had some good plays, but on too many plays he just flat held on to the ball too long. Sometimes he seems not to sense pressure. I'm happy to have Tyrod until the Bills think they have someone better, but I don't believe the Bills are any more convinced after today's game that Tyrod is a long term answer at QB than they were last February when they asked him to renegotiate his contract in a way that removed any cap hit for early termination.

Almost all coaches have a conservative streak in them that makes them not want to start rookie fifth round picks at QB. For that reason, I don't expect the Bills to be in a hurry to start Peterman. It wouldn't shock me to see it at some point in the latter half of the season.

We really are no different in depth than any other football team. That is the NFL

1-5 top end paid players

5-30 middle class

And rest cheap depth

Go to any message board and you will read complaints about depth. It really has become a nice convenient excuse for bad play.

Edited by MAJBobby

Agree with this

Sorry - three above. Don't agree we have typical depth

I think we know we're thin at WR, and a few other areas as well, but Tyrod's tendency to hold on to the ball transcends this season. Statistically, you can see he's always done it. That puts a great deal of pressure on an offensive line that is already stressed because of injury.

What do you want? No Clay, no Matthews. We were in position to win, relax. Bad last series for sure. Tyrod haters going to have their turn and I guess today is it. He was not why we lost.

Not including backups playing for starters, how many current starting QBs in the league would you not replace Taylor with? I count four.

AJ Green had more receiving yards than Taylor had passing yards.

...NOT a smartazz question, but why is that?.....Dennison play calling?.....seemed like they had no less than 8 in the box to stop McCoy and dare TT to pass?.....how could Dennison expect otherwise or not anticipate the box stack with a limp answer?...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

...NOT a smartazz question, but why is that?.....Dennison play calling?.....seemed like they had no less than 8 in the box to stop McCoy and dare TT to pass?.....how could Dennison expect otherwise or not anticipate the box stack with a limp answer?...

Taylor sucks and we have limited talent on offense. That's about the best explanation I can come up with. Shut down shady and we're doomed.

I wonder if the people saying to bench him watch other games? You don't bench the QB after one bad game. What will we do when the next guy comes in and puts up a bad game? The fanbase is nuts. Tyrod is what he is, right in the middle with a bunch of guys that are anywhere from 11th to 20th. I could have told you before the season he would have a few bad games, and that's before we traded Sammy. He'll have more bad games too! But if he should be benched for this game Dak Prescott should be benched for his performance against the Rams, and so on.

yeah, right smack dab in the middle leading the last ranked passing offense. how many years must he be at or near the bottom of the league in passing till you guys will understand he is not what you think he is?

Do you only come around after losses? WHY ARE YOU HERE?

I was here last week too. Until got suspended fo no reason. So i will be here the rest of today and then off the board. Cant be critical of the poor play. Hurts peoples feelings.

But the offense is great. I mean being critical of it last week got be suspended but hey i just am a hater and not a fan

Edited by MAJBobby

Tyrod is T-mobile at home and T-tractor on the road. There just no explosiveness in road games and its in large part the WRs and this Dennison offense. Its like Tyrod is chained in cement in the pocket. And OMG, they have Tolbert split out wide on some pass routes? Seriously?