Tyrod Played Okay

I want a QB who drops back, reads the D before he finishes his drop, plants his back foot and fires an accurate ball with confidence. Yeah, the WRs arent good but I dont remember the last time I saw TT do what I described. Hes hesitant, slow to read a D and his accuracy isnt good.

But hey, he will make a nice run for a 1st down a couple of times a game and have the announcers say, thats what Tyrod brings to the table!

Its not all TTs fault but hes not playing well. Theres plenty of blame to go around but the bottom line is hes good enough to get this team 6-7 wins each year and keep this team in QB purgatory.

This front office got rid of the best offesnsive weapon the team had in the passing game while looking towards the future I wish theyd do the same and bench TT. Id rather lose the rest of the games with Peteman at the helm than win 7 with TT.

Granted, I do realize this is a hard sell to the vets on the team but as a fan Id much prefer it.

I agree completely.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People have to stop making excuses for tyrod, he is an average qb at best. No clutchness at all, cant read a def, inaccurate. Has 2 good games a year, 7 average and 7 terrible, that equals no playoffs. His only positives are he can run and doesnt turn it over

What do you want? No Clay, no Matthews. We were in position to win, relax. Bad last series for sure. Tyrod haters going to have their turn and I guess today is it. He was not why we lost.

He touched the ball 44 times and produced 140 yards (37 passes, 6 sacks and a run)

There's no two ways to say it - he was bad.

Yeah, I am less harsh in my assessment than many. I don't think he played well in second half. The play calling did not seem to help any. Not sure of what scheme would have succeeded with the weapons we had. And like in many games, a few things go the other way and we win. Last series was quite bad, beginning with the sack. But people are so odd in how they see the world as "he is a franchise guy" or "he stinks" - neither is the case. He is a competent game manager that takes care of the ball. We have the balance of this year to see if he can be more. Little tough to judge based on a bad half, on the road, in the rain, with almost no weapons. But I am sure he will be roundly denounced on this board. I don't think it is that simple.

Ummm, what? I want what you're smoking.

A standard criticism of his game is he holds the ball too long waiting for receivers to get open and can't fully see the field. Never was that more apparent than today.

Yeah, OP is losing Cred with this thread. All the other reasons/excuses are valid; poor OL play, injured receivers, bad weather and drops. Tyrod was off target much of the game in a game he couldn't afford to be.

They showed a lot of shots of the WRs; looked like no one could get open all day.

AJ Green wasn't open on half his throws, but Dalton still tried him. I'm afraid this team is gonna waste a playoff caliber defense with this QB. Mc Beane should be on the phone with the Chargers about acquiring Rivers. What would it hurt?

It will definitely be a boost to Peterman if Trubisky can do something with the horrid Bears offense.

The Bears have worse WR's and a worse O-line, if Trubisky can have a good game that would at least open up conversation that a good QB can elevate the players around him.