Tyrod Played Okay

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm, what? I want what you're smoking.

A standard criticism of his game is he holds the ball too long waiting for receivers to get open and can't fully see the field. Never was that more apparent than today.

Pretty much what I saw as well.

I disagree...he is lucky he didn't fumble a few times...totally unaware of the pressure a few times...it doesn't help there was nobody left to throw to...at some point you can't outscheme someone, you simply have to have players with talent. He needed to understand the situation and try to do more with his legs...his WR's sucked.

Edited by matter2003

Did not play that well in second half at all. But I thought he was fine in the first. I question some of the play calling in second. Shady seemed upset on the one sweep at their 10 where he had no chance from the go-off. Win as a team, lose as a team. We have Gaines, Matthews and Clay I think we win today. Team played hard, showed well. TT needs to be in a position to be a game manager and they needed more than he could give them today.

I want a QB who drops back, reads the D before he finishes his drop, plants his back foot and fires an accurate ball with confidence. Yeah, the WRs arent good but I dont remember the last time I saw TT do what I described. Hes hesitant, slow to read a D and his accuracy isnt good.

But hey, he will make a nice run for a 1st down a couple of times a game and have the announcers say, thats what Tyrod brings to the table!

Its not all TTs fault but hes not playing well. Theres plenty of blame to go around but the bottom line is hes good enough to get this team 6-7 wins each year and keep this team in QB purgatory.

This front office got rid of the best offesnsive weapon the team had in the passing game while looking towards the future I wish theyd do the same and bench TT. Id rather lose the rest of the games with Peteman at the helm than win 7 with TT.

Granted, I do realize this is a hard sell to the vets on the team but as a fan Id much prefer it.

Edited by MDH

They showed a lot of shots of the WRs; looked like no one could get open all day.

On each of those shots I saw someone who had a bit of space but TY was generally too busy running around with his eyes on the rush instead of downfield.

What do you want? No Clay, no Matthews. We were in position to win, relax. Bad last series for sure. Tyrod haters going to have their turn and I guess today is it. He was not why we lost.

On a day with a +3 turnover advantage (until last O play of game) and our D continuing to play lights out ball for much of the game, you don't think Tyrod played a role in the loss?

I'm glad you aren't making decisions at OBD.

Edited by Fadingpain

He is not getting a lot of help from the receivers. I am ready to see what Peterman can do, but there were some drops today for sure.

You cant just sit back there and wait for guys to come wide open. You have to at least attempt to push the ball downfield. The windows are always going to be tight and at some point you have to just trust a guy to make a play. Theres even a chance you get a PI call. You just cant hold the ball or dump off to Mike Tolbert.

Mabin catches that ball in the end zone and everything could easily have been different. As a Taylor fan, but not a blind one, he is not now (and perhaps not ever) a guy I feel we can feel good about down more than a FG and needing a length of the field drive to win. Having said that, he had absolutely no help once Clay went down.

How do you figure? Taylor threw a pick on his own side of the field and couldn't move the team all day. The Mabin missed pick was meaningless

Can't be with benching TT - team has an excellent shot at the playoffs. 3.-2 at the bye is better than anyone could have hoped. Could have been a game or even two better. Too bad.

How many times have we started 3-2 or better in the last 17 years? Seems like were in the same or similar position weve been in for the last 17 years.

My definition of "okay" was that if other things had fallen into place we could have won. Taylor moved the offense pretty well earlier in the game. Once Clay went down you knew it would be tough. Granted, TT was not able to carry the team. Did not seem he had a lot of choice throwing options to me, and a few breaks could have made all the difference - Mabin drop, Logan Thomas hold. We were in position to win, couldn't get it done.

I wonder if the people saying to bench him watch other games? You don't bench the QB after one bad game. What will we do when the next guy comes in and puts up a bad game? The fanbase is nuts. Tyrod is what he is, right in the middle with a bunch of guys that are anywhere from 11th to 20th. I could have told you before the season he would have a few bad games, and that's before we traded Sammy. He'll have more bad games too! But if he should be benched for this game Dak Prescott should be benched for his performance against the Rams, and so on.