Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometime during the season probably when the team is out of contention it is probable that the HC is going to give Peterman a look. It would be foolish not to give him an opportunity to play in order to get an assessment of him. At this point the staff knows exactly what they have in TT. So if there is nothing at stake from a playoff standpoint why wouldn't they give Peterman the ball?

No matter what we have to take a QB in the first round next year. So getting an assessment on Peterman is not that critical. It's not like we are going to find out Peterman is good enough to pass on a QB in the next draft. At least I hope they don't get fooled into thinking that should he come in and look good in a few games late in the season. They can still get their assessment of Peteman all training camp and preseason next year.

Might be a sorry looking group, but if Peterson can anticipate plays better it may help these guys out. Watching Tyrod, it makes me think he doesnt even know the routes these guys are running sometimes. Like hes just waiting for someone to break free and be completely open.

Ya think( sarcasm)

TT lovers and Playoff jonesers will continue to swear he is the only play. Beat them over the head, show them the evidence, lose games to one win teams.... doesn't matter.

" look at the stats" they say. " No receivers " they say.

The OP is correct in his assessment of our playoff chances. TT is playing .500 football which doesn't get us a good draft pick or a playoff spot.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

McD needs to get together with Beane. If they think Tyrod can get them to the playoffs they need to stick with him. If they think he most likely can't, bench him now. Every game we win is hurting our draft stock. It would be a shame if we went 7-9 or even 9-7 and miss out on one of the QBs in the first or have to give up a bunch of picks.

I personally say go with Peterman. Find out what he has and if he sucks it's ultimately a long term victory for us. I gotta imagine McBeane will stick with Tyrod though

No way in heck McD or McBeane are giving up on the season at 3-2 in a three way tie for the division. Look at the state of the conference right now. Bills hold a key tie-breaker over Denver already. Despite the loss today we have a really good shot at the postseason.

That's an easy one. We essentially know what Tyrod is, so why not at that juncture if and when it comes. partytime.gif

My only reason not to is Peterman fools the front office into passing on a QB next draft. If I don't even want to take the chance of that happening it's best to just keep him on the bench. Evaluate Peterman in next years training camp and pre-season.

So you start Peterman, crush his confidence, cocuss him repeatedly, or he just sucks against live bullets. Very low chance he succeeds and gets what most want, which is the playoffs. So then fast forward to next year. Draft a QB right out the gate, then are forced to start him because you let Tyrod walk and the bridge you had lost his confidence is a concuss-a-matic or just plain sucks.

Then rinse repeat with the high draft choice.

I would stay the course, develop the new line pieces. You could put anyone behind this line and it is going to be tough sledding. Tyrod is fine for this season.

People put entirely too much stock in Tyrod's ability to not create turnovers. You don't throw interceptions when you play extremely safe and conservative football. Making big, challenging throws regularly is more important than being the no-turnover ever QB. The problem is that Tyrod can't make those throws with any consistency.

I really don't know how anyone can defend him at this point. He is not the answer long term, if you can't see that I don't think you are watching the games.

No way in heck McD or McBeane are giving up on the season at 3-2 in a three way tie for the division. Look at the state of the conference right now. Bills hold a key tie-breaker over Denver already. Despite the loss today we have a really good shot at the postseason.

My only reason not to is Peterman fools the front office into passing on a QB next draft. If I don't even want to take the chance of that happening it's best to just keep him on the bench. Evaluate Peterman in next years training camp and pre-season.

They should not be deterred no matter how he looks in any game or games this season.

No matter what we have to take a QB in the first round next year. So getting an assessment on Peterman is not that critical. It's not like we are going to find out Peterman is good enough to pass on a QB in the next draft. At least I hope they don't get fooled into thinking that should he come in and look good in a few games late in the season. They can still get their assessment of Peteman all training camp and preseason next year.

I agree with you that the Bills should consider drafting a qb in the first round. Getting an assessment on Peterman is still important because it will also be a factor on what Taylor's role, if any, will be with the team next year.

Ya think( sarcasm)

TT lovers and Playoff jonesers will continue to swear he is the only play. Beat them over the head, show them the evidence, lose games to one win teams.... doesn't matter.

The OP is correct in his assessment of our playoff chances. TT is playing .500 football which doesn't get us a good draft pick or a playoff spot.

The fact that without Clay and Matthews, this WR corp is at the bottom of the NFL.

He's not played well for most of the season and without the defense playing over their heads we are probably 1-4 right now.

Taylor is a finished product and will be the reason this team doesn't make the playoffs assuming the defense keeps up but don't think that happens either because despite the turnovers they were lit up today.

budy they are humans they get tired. For two, this is the NFL. They got lid up after forcing three turnovers and almost a fourth. What do you expect from a three and out the whole game. It gets any defense tired. A turnover with good field position means TD. Not settle for three all the time mostly.

Ya think( sarcasm)

That's absolutely right. We should of gotten rid of him if you ask me.

Tyrod doesnt suck, hes average. I see your point tho, I just dont think hes done enough to warrant a benching yet. He only has 2 picks on the year. This team is still 3-2 with a lot of games left.

that's what they say every year.

Tyrod has 1 int in 5 games.

A switch to Peterman will be far worse when it comes to turn overs. How people don't realize that amazes me.

so Dalton had two pick s and still threw for 300 plus and won.

.....from the D&Cs Maiorana.......very telling......

► Key stat: Taylor is now 2-16 in games where the Bills trail by four points or more at any time in a game. What this says is that the Buffalo quarterback has historically not gotten the job done when the Bills need to rally to win games. This was a shining example.

Of course cause you know a win against Tampa does so much for you when you drop games to teams in the AFC that you need to beat for the chance at the playoffs

I know you are probably serious here, but you are fully on tilt at this point Robert.... take a deep breathe and relax. If we are 4-2 that'll be a good thing.

.....from the D&Cs Maiorana.......very telling......

► Key stat: Taylor is now 2-16 in games where the Bills trail by four points or more at any time in a game. What this says is that the Buffalo quarterback has historically not gotten the job done when the Bills need to rally to win games. This was a shining example.

Yup....

How could it be worse with Peterman? In a word, turnovers. I'm no fan of TT but the one thing in his favor is that he is risk averse and won't turn the ball over. He won't lead wins from behind late in games either, but that's a different thread.

Not a Peterman lover. But Tyrod does suck. Why stick with suck. Give another one a crack at sucking.

For the record... I am old school, I even think platooning works if you can get past the way some players think.

IMO they should have Peterman run the two-minute drill before 1/2 time and at the end of the game. This seems to be TT weakest skill set.

Losing allowed the PATS and gag :sick: JETS to tie the Bills in the Division

Being tied with the Nyets should be the kind of smoke that makes people think " Fire".

But not here on TBD.

Here it comes: "The Pats are there also but they are Super Bowl winners. Do you think they are giving up?"

This is not a playoff team as currently constructed ( I'm entering my own personal Ground Hog's Day Hell) but it is an 8-8ish team which is MUCH worse than a 4-12 or 5-11 team that starts Peterman and moves on from what we will eventually call the Tyrod experiment years.

I might have to start a LAMP thread!!!!!

Edited by Buffalo Boy

....LMAO!......he was a BBMB "legend".............

Did a person have to prove that he/she was a member of the crazy club before being allowed to post on BBMB? I'm not directing my comment toward you because you seem half sane and mature but there is a lot of lunatic postings from your former home. Sometimes getting rid of the fleas calls for burning down the house. :D

They will get the kid in at some point this year but I sure hope it's with Glenn at LT, Groy at RG and a good blocking TE on the right side.

I believe the 2018 draft will be a famous one for us, and we need some more data on Peterman before we decide how to use our multiple picks.

Edited by Webster Guy

They will get the kid in at some point this year but I sure hope it's with Glenn at LT, Groy at RG and a good blocking TE on the right side.

I believe the 2018 draft will be a famous one for us, and we need some more data on Peterman before we decide how to use our multiple picks.

I dont think we need any data on Peterman to know how to use the picks. We need a QB, WR, RT, RG and help at LB. Edited by Bangarang

At the end of the day Taylor simply isn't a fit for this offense and what Dennison/McD are trying to do.

They have been fortunate to win with smoke and mirrors so far and I certainly don't blame Taylor for the injuries that are piling up right on cue this time of year in Buffalo, but at the end of the day you have to give your offensive skill players a chance and Taylor doesn't do that.

The book is out on this offense and the days of seeing McCoy and the running game go for 150+ a week are long over and not coming back until we can prove we can get the ball downfield and find guys in the middle open.

And once again Taylor proved he can't lead a 4th quarter comeback and turned the ball over the first chance he's actually taken in weeks. It's time for a change and both fans and the Bills organization is kidding themselves if they believe otherwise.

Me personally, I think Taylor can't be a starting QB because he is to gun shy to sling it most of the time. He seems to afraid to cause a turnover so he wont pull the trigger. He reminds me of Trent Edwards after he got concussed. You can't hang on to the ball as long as he does and not expect to be sacked or pulled from the pocket. There were several times yesterday that he could have thrown a receiver open. One of which would have gone for a TD. He just can't or wont pull the trigger and for that he needs to sit down.

I know all the TT lovers will talk about the lack of receiving talent and they are right, but good QB's work with what they have.

Edited by BigPappy

If Peterman was the QB today, do you think Buffalo wins that game??

Yes I honestly do, in fact in my humble opinion Peterman would have already had a 300 game or 2 unlike Tyrod having problems even hitting 200. In my opinion Peterman would have capitalized on those turnovers against the Bungles. Edited by xRUSHx

At the end of the day Taylor simply isn't a fit for this offense and what Dennison/McD are trying to do.

At the end of the day, you're as full of bull manure as you usually are. What QB, exactly, would be a fit for an offense without a receiving corps, which was the Bills by the fourth quarter yesterday?

Did a person have to prove that he/she was a member of the crazy club before being allowed to post on BBMB? I'm not directing my comment toward you because you seem half sane and mature but there is a lot of lunatic postings from your former home. Sometimes getting rid of the fleas calls for burning down the house. :D

....unfortunately, they permeate every MB site........pretty safe to say there are a number of "lunatic postings & posters" who I never saw at BBMB but see at other sites...

I don't go to the kid til we're out of it. Team still believes in Tyrod, and as long as you're in it he's probably the guy.

Tyrod has done nothing this season but watch the D and kicker win the games. He plays like a backup QB and after yesterday's game if I was a player in that locker room I'd be pushing for a change to save the season. Tyrod was just plain horrible. McD says he plays the players that are playing better but plays Tyrod just because of his contract in my opinion. His experience sure isn't a plus for him if he constantly holds the ball and makes the entire offense look bad.

Any backup QB could have put up the numbers Tyrod has this season. Big deal he protects the ball, it's because he never throws it.

Edited by xRUSHx

Dalton had 2x the yards with one less attempt, LOL.

Can anyone honestly say that Tyrod "won" us any of those 3 wins? Ironically enough if we had a mediocre defense and were 0-5, Peterman probably would be starting after the bye but as others posts pointed out, a 3-2 team isnt gong to replace their QB, esp if they are the Bills.

Yes I honestly do, in fact in my humble opinion Peterman would have already had a 300 game or 2 unlike Tyrod having problems even hitting 200. In my opinion Peterman would have capitalized on those turnovers against the Bungles.

300 yards, eh?

Reality check : In preseason, against vanilla defenses, playing almost exclusively against 2s-4s, Peterman :

• Completed 54.4% of his passes
  • Averaged 5.7 yards per attempt
  • Had a longest completion of only 28 yards.

Look, Taylor had a brutal game and the Bills lost. Obviously this board is full of people who'll give no sympathy whatsoever for the ugly situation Taylor finds himself in. After all, they trashed him after games where he played very well. But fantasy is fantasy, and that's what all of NP's dream 300 yard games is. He showed nothing in camp or preseason to play him over Taylor - which I'm sure the Bills' locker room is well aware of. But - hey - look on the bright side : With this o-line Taylor probably won't last the season anyway......

Edited by grb

300 yards, eh?

Reality check : In preseason, against vanilla defenses, playing almost exclusively against 2s-4s, Peterman :

Look, Taylor had a brutal game and the Bills lost. Obviously this board is full of people who'll give no sympathy whatsoever for the ugly situation Taylor finds himself in. After all, they trashed him after games where he played very well. But fantasy is fantasy, and that's what all of NP's dream 300 yard games is. He showed nothing in camp or preseason to play him over Taylor - which I'm sure the Bills' locker room is well aware of. But - hey - look on the bright side : With this o-line Taylor probably won't last the season anyway......
How long before the Defensive squad starts to grumble after putting together a performance like that and losing? Edited by Buffalo Boy

300 yards, eh?

A backup QBs job is to come in and protect the ball, don't do anything stupid, hand it off and run when you have to, exactly what Tyrod has done all season.

Tyrod is holding the ball and making the entire offense look bad, everyone is bad when the leader of the offense is bad.

If you watched Peterman in the preseason you would have seen what many of us seen the kid makes it happen.

We don't know what will happen with Peterman, what we do know is Tyrod is just not good enough. I just hope McD is opening his eyes to it because yesterday should have been a win with what our D and STs did. Tyrod is not going to magicly get better, he is what he is. Not good enough

A backup QBs job is to come in and protect the ball, don't do anything stupid, hand it off and run when you have to, exactly what Tyrod has done all season.

Tyrod is holding the ball and making the entire offense look bad, everyone is bad when the leader of the offense is bad.

If you watched Peterman in the preseason you would have seen what many of us seen the kid makes it happen.

We don't know what will happen with Peterman, what we do know is Tyrod is just not good enough. I just hope McD is opening his eyes to it because yesterday should have been a win with what our D and STs did. Tyrod is not going to magicly get better, he is what he is. Not good enough

No he doesn't and if that were actually true he'd be the starter.

No he doesn't and if that were actually true he'd be the starter.

Did you watch the kid play in preseason? Tyrod is the starter because of his contract and his seasoned veteran status, sadly it's not enough for him to play bigger then a backup.

He moved the team down the field very well, he made some really nice anticipated throws. He easily outplayed Tyrod in the preseason, easily in my opinion. He is a better fit for this system then Tyrod is.

Edited by xRUSHx