Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

How many times late in the 4th Q when we have the ball and need a TD to win , how many times did he come through for us?

Just this year the Carolina and the Bengals that's 2 loses and it's on HIM , I would be thrilled if he could at least pull one of these off

Bottom line I have NO confidence in him NONE ! (And I'm sure I'm not the only one ) IF we need a 75 yard drive , and he has to throw the Ball for us to WIN 99.9% of the time = We LOSE

Even backup QB's sometimes come in and win games ,

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worse WRs!?!?!

WTF?!?!

This is an idiotic post.

Kendall Wright & Deonte Thompson (319 career catches prior to 2017) >>>>>>> Kaelin Clay & Zay Jones (ZERO career receptions prior to 2017)

I get that you're probably just a Troll, but this post is pitiful. :doh:

I mean Andre Holmes and even philly brown has more catches than Thompson....

Just pointing that out...

How many times late in the 4th Q when we have the ball and need a TD to win , how many times did he come through for us?

Just this year the Carolina and the Bengals that's 2 loses and it's on HIM , I would be thrilled if he could at least pull one of these off

Bottom line I have NO confidence in him NONE ! (And I'm sure I'm not the only one ) IF we need a 75 yard drive , and he has to throw the Ball for us to WIN 99.9% of the time = We LOSE

Even backup QB's sometimes come in and win games ,

Today at his press conference, McD was asked about these specific numbers about Taylor and his record when trailing by 4 points or more in a game and he conveniently sidestepped and gave a BS answer basically saying he wasn't aware of what happened before he got here and focused on the present.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

For those saying it's a bad idea to throw NP to the wolves with a WR group that is struggling getting separation - Maybe it makes more sense to play the guy who is better at throwing the ball into tight spaces to when a guy is covered decently and let them make a play, or at least try. I feel like NP excels where Tyrod struggles in that regard. He goes through his reads quickly and it seems his eyes are usually looking to the right place and gives his guys a chance to make plays. He's pretty safe with the ball also. 47 TDs to 17 INTS his last 2 years at Pitt. Not quite Tyrod safe, but he also will challenge coverage a lot more. I like Tyrod, but I think this offense is much more suited to Petermans strengths and I think it would run more efficiently with him in there. Just my opinions though.

For those saying it's a bad idea to throw NP to the wolves with a WR group that is struggling getting separation - Maybe it makes more sense to play the guy who is better at throwing the ball into tight spaces to when a guy is covered decently and let them make a play, or at least try. I feel like NP excels where Tyrod struggles in that regard. He goes through his reads quickly and it seems his eyes are usually looking to the right place and gives his guys a chance to make plays. He's pretty safe with the ball also. 47 TDs to 17 INTS his last 2 years at Pitt. Not quite Tyrod safe, but he also will challenge coverage a lot more. I like Tyrod, but I think this offense is much more suited to Petermans strengths and I think it would run more efficiently with him in there. Just my opinions though.

Throwing a rookie QB to the wolves who isn't ready will end his career before it starts.

Pop on his first two starts as a freshman at Tennessee to see what happens when you are rushed into the grinder.

He was a late pick for a reason. He needs to hold a clipboard and develop in practice

Your opinion and assessment is spot on my friend and what myself and others are preaching.

Taylor doesn't lead WR's open and why his INT numbers have always been low and other metrics very misleading. He waits until he's sure he can make a throw without turning the ball over and also why he takes a ton of sacks like yesterday. This oline is not as bad in pass protection as some think and PFF has them in the top 10 for pass blocking efficiency.

We need a guy willing to take chances and force the ball into tighter spaces which Peterman had done in college and with limited preseason action (he was ranked #2 overall rookie QB behind Mahomes this preseason)

Will there be more turnovers by making this change? Absolutely, but with the way the defense is playing you have to assume they will bail you out. And at least we'd have a QB capable of passing for more than 150 yards per game.

" Watching can teach you a lesson. Doing can teach you many lessons."

" It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it, otherwise it is a lesson."

Peterman doesn't look like the type to be ruined. He gets the ball out QUICK.

It is exasperating to watch TT do the same stupid crap, over and over. How much film does he have to study about his own offense to understand the timing and concepts of Dennisons routs?

" Watching can teach you a lesson. Doing can teach you many lessons."

" It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it, otherwise it is a lesson."

Peterman doesn't look like the type to be ruined. He gets the ball out QUICK.

It is exasperating to watch TT do the same stupid crap, over and over. How much film does he have to study about his own offense to understand the timing and concepts of Dennisons routs?

He got ruined at Tennessee when they rushed him out...

You're not getting your wish dude.

It could easily get worse.

We've got a +15 point differential.

We're in every single game. Like it or not, a big part of that is the fact that we aren't turning the ball over.

That matters a lot more than some apparently realize.

Teams like the Cardinals and Giants are losing essentially because they're QBs are giving games away.

Pittsburgh did it yesterday.

That's not a statement from me that Taylor is better than any of those quarterbacks. It is me saying that we clearly have a certain approach to winning football games. Mcdermott pretty much has it set in stone and it involves the Defense carrying the football team with a game manager at QB.

And we are winning.

I would say try enjoying the ride, but given your username that clearly won't happen at all ever. Peterman very likely will never be the Buffalo Bills starting QB and almost certainly not our Franchise QB.

See you when you change your username. 0:)

Its great that we arent turning the ball over but we also arent scoring points on offense either.

Tyrod plays a very low risk low reward game. He doesnt try and push the ball downfield and he will rarely trust his receivers to make a play on the ball regardless of who he is throwing to. The result has been offenses that go stagnant too much and have a real trouble with moving the ball over long stretches.

If he were turning it over playing as cautious as he does then we would have even bigger problems and would probably be closer to seeing Peterman.

Edited by Bangarang

Throwing a rookie QB to the wolves who isn't ready will end his career before it starts.

Pop on his first two starts as a freshman at Tennessee to see what happens when you are rushed into the grinder.

He was a late pick for a reason. He needs to hold a clipboard and develop in practice

Yes he a very tough go as a true Freshman, and he got sent to the bench. But did it mentally break him? No. It may have made him mentally tougher. I'd rather have NP than Dobbs right now also... just throwing that in there haha.

Its great that we arent turning the ball over but we also arent scoring points on offense either.

Tyrod plays a very low risk low reward game. He doesnt try and push the ball downfield and he will rarely trust his receivers to make a play on the ball regardless of who he is throwing to. The result has been offenses that go stagnant too much and have a real trouble with moving the ball over long stretches.

If he were turning it over playing as cautious as he does then we would have even bigger problems and would probably be closer to seeing Peterman.

Prior to this season, he was known for throwing down the field and actually did that the last couple of weeks with the running game stalled.

Yes he a very tough go as a true Freshman, and he got sent to the bench. But did it mentally break him? No. It may have made him mentally tougher. I'd rather have NP than Dobbs right now also... just throwing that in there haha.

It absolutely made him mentally tougher... 85% of college QBs do not recover from the start he had.

It shows he has some grit and toughness and some characteristics you would like to develop and groom... thats the key, develop and groom.

The NFL is a totally different animal than the ACC and if Peterman has any chance of becoming a legit NFL QB then it's in his best interest to sit and learn

Prior to this season, he was known for throwing down the field and actually did that the last couple of weeks with the running game stalled.

Yes, prior to this season one of his strengths was throwing the deep ball down the sidelines.

This season, hes thrown several balls deep that went out of bounds and never even gave the receiver a chance to make a play on the ball. Throwing downfield doesnt have to always be a low percentage deep ball.

Edited by Bangarang

Just forget about it! Peterman would only be going in for TT if:

A) TT gets injured

B) TT completely bombs out for the next 3-4 straight games

C) We are out of the playoff hunt and TT isn't playing well

TT has got the confidence of many of the players in the locker room and it would be a very unpopular decision with his players (even though that has never stopped them before) to take him out of the starting lineup.

Today at his press conference, McD was asked about these specific numbers about Taylor and his record when trailing by 4 points or more in a game and he conveniently sidestepped and gave a BS answer basically saying he wasn't aware of what happened before he got here and focused on the present.

How else do you expect the coach to reply to that?

"Wait - really?! Wow, Tyrod sucks! Peterman is now our starter based on that statistic alone! Thank you for that info."

He wasn't "ruined." He transferred and had a great career at another Power 5 Conference program.

Yes, prior to this season one of his strengths was throwing the deep ball down the sidelines.

This season, hes thrown several balls deep that out of bounds and never even gave the receiver a chance to make a play on the ball. Throwing downfield doesnt have to always be a low percentage deep ball.

You must have missed the two deep shots to Clay just last week against ATL against tight coverage. Selective amnesia?

"Wait - really?! Wow, Tyrod sucks! Peterman is now our starter based on that statistic alone! Thank you for that info."

He wasn't "ruined." He transferred and had a great career at another Power 5 Conference program.

:D

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think the best long term interest for the Bills is to keep starting Taylor...

1. Peterman is simply not set up for success because of the injury situation. You just don't do that to a rookie QB.

2. Taylor starting is the surest way to get the highest pick possible in the 2018 draft.

3. Peterman can start when they get Clay and Matthews back, and Zay Jones has settled in and has become a real threat at WR.

4. Anyone still holding onto Taylor being a viable long term option is lost.

This actually makes a lot of sense, but they do need to find out what if anything Peterman can do some time this year: I think?

Honestly if someone told me How to run my team... while I was at a podium speaking...

I would probably just take of my cap and gear and be like since you know how to do my job better than me. You can have it..

And then throw 200 pages of advanced scouting reports in his face and drop a box full of tapes on him. Then walk out

Just this year the Carolina and the Bengals that's 2 loses and it's on HIM ,

Two points

• Carolina was not on Taylor. Even dismissing the oddness of ZJ's route and his embarrassingly clumsy play on the pass, the greater problem remains : He had zero idea where ball was until it was literally right on top of him. You don't run fifty yards downfield, hold out your hands and expect the ball to drop into place. Receivers at every level track the pass and tweak their routes on plays that long. That's just elemental. Any degree of ball awareness whatsoever and that play looks like an effortless touchdown. Watkins would have made that catch ten times out of ten.
  • OK; I'm just curious : Putin ?!? Was Stalin, Hitler & Pol Pot already taken?
Edited by grb

What I fail to understand is why Tyrod is not taking off and running more. Is he being told to stay in the pocket and go through progressions? If so thats a big fail by Dennison. Tyrods game is taking off and running when things break down. Thats when he has success

Maybe he is trying to be a real quarterback rather than a wildcat QB who happens to be starting. Not saying he can pull it off mind you.

I don't watch college ball and am not sure what " ruined" means but I wish we could ruin TT a little more.

Ruin him into getting the ball out, hitting receivers in stride consistently, throwing receivers open and actually taking chances from time to time.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

He doesnt try and push the ball downfield and he will rarely trust his receivers to make a play on the ball regardless of who he is throwing to.

The below numbers are post-Atlanta - I'm recycling data from an earlier response to SavoirPeterman, after he claimed Taylor rarely threw more than ten yards

Plus-twenty yard pass plays via official NFL stats :

Taylor had 11 in 99 attempts, allowing us to calculate a percentage to compare with other QBs

Taylor : .111

Brady : .123

Brees : .105

Rodgers : .094

Ryan : .089

Winston : .078

Prescott : .077

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2017&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_20PLUS_YARDS_EACH

Truth be told, I don't have the heart to redo the math after the Bengals game. No doubt TT has dropped a bit. But - hey - that's what happens when your ONE single long pass threat goes out in the First Quarter.

This actually makes a lot of sense, but they do need to find out what if anything Peterman can do some time this year: I think?

I'm sure Peterman will get 2-4 starts at the end of the season, as soon as they're eliminated. Even if he looks good, they will take a QB in the first round IMO.

Passing on Watson looks like a pretty bad decision right now, so they probably won't be banking on a few good starts by Peterman if he did show some promise in those games.

You must have missed the two deep shots to Clay just last week against ATL against tight coverage. Selective amnesia?

Clay was wide open on one of them or maybe I have selective amnesia.

And frankly, the pass I'm thinking of wasn't all that because he was so wide open and the ball caused him to have to slow up

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Maybe he is trying to be a real quarterback rather than a wildcat QB who happens to be starting. Not saying he can pull it off mind you.

Close. I think all the carping over his running got in his head.

I don't watch college ball and am not sure what " ruined" means but I wish we could ruin TT a little more.

Ruin him into getting the ball out, hitting receivers in stride consistently, throwing receivers open and actually taking chances from time to time.

It means they rushed him into starting and he got clobbered , never recovered, and had to transfer to Pittsburgh

Clay was wide open on one of them or maybe I have selective amnesia.

And frankly, the pass I'm thinking of wasn't all that because he was so wide open and the ball caused him to have to slow up

You might want to check out some replays and see a neurologist. Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome ( ie - amnesia ) is a serious health problem......

Congrats, you can cherry pick 2 throws in 5 games. Is that who Tyrod is consistently? No, its not and thats kind of the point. Edited by Bangarang

Congrats, you can cherry pick 2 throws in 5 games.

Sigh. You made you pull out the calculator, damn you.

Plus-twenty yard pass plays AFTER Cincinnati :

Taylor : 12 out of 136.

Taylor : .088

Dak : .073

Russell : .084

Deshaun : .103

Rodgers : .089

Stafford : .064

Rivers : .072

Alex S : .089

You might want to check out some replays and see a neurologist. Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome ( ie - amnesia ) is a serious health problem......

You got me..... but in my defense, I may have been self medicating with a frothy beverage.... or three🤓 Edited by Buffalo Boy