Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

A backup QBs job is to come in and protect the ball, don't do anything stupid, hand it off and run when you have to, exactly what Tyrod has done all season.

Taylor is the only person on the Bills' offense who has consistently made plays. You'd see that if you weren't willfully blind. Clay has had his moments and McCoy has done what he can, but this is a team that schemed their way out of a league-leading running attack, has an offensive line full of holes like swiss cheese, and has probably the worst set of receivers in the NFL. Try going back to the Carolina game, where the Bills running backs had 14 yards total, Taylor had +80% of the rushing yards, +90% of the total offense, all the first downs, and came within a hair of winning the game - if an overwhelmed rookie had shown just a smidge of ball awareness. McCoy has made plays and gotten credit for making something out of nothing in games, despite his overall numbers. Fine; he deserves it. But Taylor has done the exact same thing and gotten as much abuse as credit. Half the NFL & a number of Bills' fans discredited the Falcons' win because Ryan was down his two receivers. How could you expect this franchise MVP quarterback to function given that? No wonder he played so poorly.

Right. Welcome to Tyrod Taylor's world, week end & week out....,

Edited by grb

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch the kid play in preseason?

He moved the team down the field very well, he made some really nice anticipated throws. He easily outplayed Tyrod in the preseason, easily in my opinion. He is a better fit for this system.

Preseason? Are we back to preseason performances of the rookie QB who showed both good and bad against players who are now primarily street free agents? Peterman isn't going to play with the team in contention no matter what conclusions you drew from preseason.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Tyrod is the starter because of his contract and his seasoned veteran status, sadly it's not enough for him to play bigger then a backup.

Taylor is the starter because :

(1) He performed better in camp

(2) He's played much better in real games than Peterman played in preseason games.

What about that is so hard to understand?

Being tied with the Nyets should be the kind of smoke that makes people think " Fire".

But not here on TBD.

Here it comes: "The Pats are there also but they are Super Bowl winners. Do you think they are giving up?"

This is not a playoff team as currently constructed ( I'm entering my own personal Ground Hog's Day Hell) but it is an 8-8ish team which is MUCH worse than a 4-12 or 5-11 team that starts Peterman and moves on from what we will eventually call the Tyrod experiment years.

I might have to start a LAMP thread!!!!!

1. The Pats* have a real QB. We have a faux QB.
  2. The JETS? hell yes that is bad.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

NFL Offense Rankings Through Week 5:

Total Yards - 30th

Total Yards/game - 31st

Passing Yards - 27th

Passing Yards/game - 29th

Rushing Yards - 12th

Rushing Yards/game - 16th

Points - 23rd

Points/game - 25th

No matter what you think of Tyrod, QB is among our weakest places on the "depth chart." Yes, Peterman is #2 but he's still a rookie too. I'm not wishing any type of injury to Tyrod but unless he's injured, he's the starter.

With this mentality the Texans would still be playing Savage over Watson. Tyrod has proven that what you see is what you get. Peterman offers a potentially higher ceiling. Without risk, there is no reward.

NFL Offense Rankings Through Week 5:

Total Yards - 30th

Total Yards/game - 31st

Passing Yards - 27th

Passing Yards/game - 29th

Rushing Yards - 12th

Rushing Yards/game - 16th

Points - 23rd

Points/game - 25th

Mind you - the Bills are also 2nd in the league for takeaway/giveaway differential.

Every time the Bills win and even if it's ugly it gives Tyrod another game. I'm getting tired of Tyrod getting to the last step of his drop where you can tell it's a timing route and you see a wide open reciever about to come open over the middle only for him to not pull the trigger and run around until he's sacked. It's deflating. I just can't help but hope that Peterman makes that play and moves the chains. I believe Tyrod has hit his ceiling and it will be another playoff stricken year in Buffalo. He's only looked mediocre in our wins. This is not a sustainable way of playing all year. Put all the weight on the defense and limp along on offense.

Did you watch the kid play in preseason? Tyrod is the starter because of his contract and his seasoned veteran status, sadly it's not enough for him to play bigger then a backup.

He moved the team down the field very well, he made some really nice anticipated throws. He easily outplayed Tyrod in the preseason, easily in my opinion. He is a better fit for this system then Tyrod is.

Against different players, mostly second/third/fourth string guys. The coaches see these guys all week. And they certainly have shown they're willing to make bold moves. If they thought Peterman was better they'd play him.

Yes it does!

Should the Steelers play Landry va. Big Ben?

What I fail to understand is why Tyrod is not taking off and running more. Is he being told to stay in the pocket and go through progressions? If so thats a big fail by Dennison. Tyrods game is taking off and running when things break down. Thats when he has success

That was the issue with this game. With the injuries Tyrod lost his targets to throw to but for some unknown reason did not want to run it himself. I think he was too banged up from all the late hits he was taking from the Bengals D. In any case he was completely neutralized and Dennison did not adjust the game plan on the fly.

Mind you - the Bills are also 2nd in the league for takeaway/giveaway differential.

This is the key stat for this team and the way they play.

Taylor is late on throws because he's being so careful. He took some sacks yesterday that were on him probably. Have to score TDs in the red zone, especially in the second half of a close game. With that said, they still had a chance to win in the final minutes on the road against a talented and motivated team. Tough loss but Tyrod Taylor is playing well enough for the Bills to win against any team they play.