Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like we are doomed either way then.

Please, don't say that. Football is the one area in life where I indulge in unbridled optimism. Such as : The Bills have a bye & could get close to being healthy. The next two games - Bucs & Raiders - are at home and very winnable. Following that is the Jets, Saints, and Chargers - all winnable. So: 8-2, going into the home stretch. Be of good cheer....

What I fail to understand is why Tyrod is not taking off and running more. Is he being told to stay in the pocket and go through progressions? If so thats a big fail by Dennison. Tyrods game is taking off and running when things break down. Thats when he has success

I agree with that...the lack of a receiving corps is obvious. Things got painful after Clay went down. Peterman would have done no better with no one to throw to. Tyrod may have to be prepared to use his legs more.

I agree with that...the lack of a receiving corps is obvious. Things got painful after Clay went down. Peterman would have done no better with no one to throw to. Tyrod may have to be prepared to use his legs more.

With lack of receiving threats though, that is easily defended against. Zay Jones needed to get his act together this past game and he did not. he had a great grab near the EZ but the ball was uncatchable inside the lines. His impact has been woefully absent. But without him, who do the opposing D's have to fear for catches ? Just stack the box, play contain and spy on TT.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

How could he be worse? He could take 12 sacks a game like Rob Johnson. he could have three 50-100 yard games for every 300 yard game Like Losman, He could get 25 completions a game for 150 yards like Edwards. He could even forget the whole playbook like Hobert.

If you are an NFL fan for any team, chances are after a loss In most cases, the quarterback that annoyed you yesterday is not the worst EVER. The next guy in line is not the guaranteed savior. This is something that many Bills fans seem to miss. Taylor's game was not good enough yesterday, but overall the team is 3-2 with a run first offense that banks on minimal mistakes. Taylor isn't good, he isn't bad, he is status quo. Yesterday was his worst game, Denver was his best, he is average he is starter quality but no more than a game manager with some legs.. That is not ideal, but for all we know Peterman may be a deer in headlights or get 5 turnovers if he started. Maybe not, but going with an unknown every 6 games is not a recipe for success.

I think more of us can agree than taking a shot at a franchise QB in a good draft class next year is a good risk,

Edited by dgrochester55

How could he be worse? He could take 12 sacks a game like Rob Johnson. he could have three 50-100 yard games for every 300 yard game Like Losman, He could get 25 completions a game for 150 yards like Edwards. He could even forget the whole playbook like Hobert.

If you are an NFL fan for any team, chances are after a loss In most cases, the quarterback that annoyed you yesterday is not the worst EVER. The next guy in line is not the guaranteed savior. This is something that many Bills fans seem to miss. Taylor's game was not good enough yesterday, but overall the team is 3-2 with a run first offense that banks on minimal mistakes. Taylor isn't good, he isn't bad, he is status quo. Yesterday was his worst game, Denver was his best, he is average he is starter quality but no more than a game manager with some legs.. That is not ideal, but for all we know Peterman may be a deer in headlights or get 5 turnovers if he started. Maybe not, but going with an unknown every 6 games is not a recipe for success.

Good post. Things could get really really ugly if you start a rookie QB with a weak(ish) arm and serious lack of WRs (especially any experienced ones to bail him out). I am no TT fan for sure but do recognize that he needs to be the starter for now.

I think more of us can agree than taking a shot at a franchise QB in a good draft class next year is a good risk,

Good perspective. The coaches see Peterman every day. If he represented the best chance for the team to win, they would insert him in the lineup.

See a lot of chatter about this subject today on social media and fans/media certainly seemed to be divided on the issue.

But one point that continues to be brought up essentially the same question I originally asked in that would Peterman really be a downgrade from Taylor? (i.e. a QB that averages less than 150 passing yards per game).

I get that he's a rookie and immobile compared to Taylor, but he has real NFL QB qualities and at least based on preseason made quick reads and fired the football where it needs to go. Taylor doesn't do that and waits for a guy to be wide open to make sure he doesn't throw an INT (i.e. Trent Edwards) and that's why it makes no sense sticking with him given the oline and WR issues.

Bottom line we need a true field general that can take command of the offense and throw the WR's open and Peterman could be that guy based on what limited action he's seen.

I just find it interesting how after a loss (a close loss in which Tyrod actually made some key throws.....but forced it at the end of the game trying to go guess where.....over middle)

but anyways...its interesting how certain posters took a nice break from the board during the wins are are out in droves posting left right after loss.

Tyrod did not play well....he also lost his top receiving option at the beginning the game....oh....and his 2nd best one didnt play....oh and his OL is in fact a disaster with a rookie starting at LT.

Despite all this it was a close game

at least based on preseason made quick reads and fired the football where it needs to go.

Would that be the same preseason where Peterman barely completed half his passes - for only a bit over 5 yards an attempt?

Where he didn't complete a single pass 30 yards or longer??

Does the term "selective memory" mean anything to you?

Edited by grb

Would that be the same preseason where Peterman barely completed half his passes for only a bit over 5 yards an attempt?

Obviously not. He'll likely continue to introduce Peterman threads after any Bills' loss.

Would that be the same preseason where Peterman barely completed half his passes for only a bit over 5 yards an attempt?

It goes both ways though. People cant exonerate Tyrod because of who he has to throw to and who he has protecting him but then throw the book at Peterman without the benefit of the same context. I certainly dont think Peterman would do anything better but lets at least be fair.

Would that be the same preseason where Peterman barely completed half his passes - for only a bit over 5 yards an attempt?

PFF had Peterman ranked as the #2 overall QB behind Patrick Mahomes in preseason.

I never said he was lighting it up per se but he moved showed he can move Dennison's pop gun offense down the field and actually had real chemistry with Zay Jones who looks completely lost playing with Taylor.

PFF had Peterman ranked as the #2 overall QB behind Patrick Mahomes in preseason.

I never said he was lighting it up per se but he moved showed he can move Dennison's pop gun offense down the field and actually had real chemistry with Zay Jones who looks completely lost playing with Taylor.

There's that word again.

but anyways...its interesting how certain posters took a nice break from the board during the wins are are out in droves posting left right after loss.

It is obvious. There are some people who thrive on negativity and will spread that message wherever they can.

Let's admit, a 16 year playoff drought makes for an easy target, so this is why that culture is prominent on Bills boards. When Buffalo beat two good teams in a row they backed off and probably posted negative crap on other forums that had to do with different subjects whether it was hobbies, politics etc. Now that the Bills didnt come through they are gladly back.

Edited by dgrochester55

yes it is TT's fault Zay is dropping balls that hit him right in the hands

It goes both ways though. People cant exonerate Tyrod because of who he has to throw to and who he has protecting him but then throw the book at Peterman without the benefit of the same context. I certainly dont think Peterman would do anything better but lets at least be fair.

True. And it's also relevant to note Peterman may have been playing against 3s & 4s, but he was also playing with the same dregs. But it's fair to note Peterman's preseason play because of two reasons : First, it is the record we have to compare against Taylor's two-plus years playing regular season games. Second, people here seem to remember only half or a third of Peterman's preseason play. The rest seems to have vanished from their minds like they were hit with that forget-everything-device from Men In Black.

I can understand a little rosy-colored-memory. Being a Taylor fan I've been known to indulge in it a bit myself. But Petermanians are taking it to a whole other level.....

Edited by grb

...its interesting how certain posters took a nice break from the board during the wins are are out in droves posting left right after loss.

Putting on my tinfoil hat, I've always suspected they're alias / doppelganger accounts for people who're here all the time, as well as other teams' fans coming to twist the knife a bit.

They sure clog up the 'Manage Ignore Prefs' toilet though...