Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

Just this year the Carolina and the Bengals that's 2 loses and it's on HIM ,

Two points

• Carolina was not on Taylor. Even dismissing the oddness of ZJ's route and his embarrassingly clumsy play on the pass, the greater problem remains : He had zero idea where ball was until it was literally right on top of him. You don't run fifty yards downfield, hold out your hands and expect the ball to drop into place. Receivers at every level track the pass and tweak their routes on plays that long. That's just elemental. Any degree of ball awareness whatsoever and that play looks like an effortless touchdown. Watkins would have made that catch ten times out of ten.
  • OK; I'm just curious : Putin ?!? Was Stalin, Hitler & Pol Pot already taken?
Edited by grb

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I fail to understand is why Tyrod is not taking off and running more. Is he being told to stay in the pocket and go through progressions? If so thats a big fail by Dennison. Tyrods game is taking off and running when things break down. Thats when he has success

Maybe he is trying to be a real quarterback rather than a wildcat QB who happens to be starting. Not saying he can pull it off mind you.

He got ruined at Tennessee when they rushed him out...

I don't watch college ball and am not sure what " ruined" means but I wish we could ruin TT a little more.

Ruin him into getting the ball out, hitting receivers in stride consistently, throwing receivers open and actually taking chances from time to time.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

He doesnt try and push the ball downfield and he will rarely trust his receivers to make a play on the ball regardless of who he is throwing to.

The below numbers are post-Atlanta - I'm recycling data from an earlier response to SavoirPeterman, after he claimed Taylor rarely threw more than ten yards

Plus-twenty yard pass plays via official NFL stats :

Taylor had 11 in 99 attempts, allowing us to calculate a percentage to compare with other QBs

Taylor : .111

Brady : .123

Brees : .105

Rodgers : .094

Ryan : .089

Winston : .078

Prescott : .077

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2017&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_20PLUS_YARDS_EACH

Truth be told, I don't have the heart to redo the math after the Bengals game. No doubt TT has dropped a bit. But - hey - that's what happens when your ONE single long pass threat goes out in the First Quarter.

This actually makes a lot of sense, but they do need to find out what if anything Peterman can do some time this year: I think?

I'm sure Peterman will get 2-4 starts at the end of the season, as soon as they're eliminated. Even if he looks good, they will take a QB in the first round IMO.

Passing on Watson looks like a pretty bad decision right now, so they probably won't be banking on a few good starts by Peterman if he did show some promise in those games.

You must have missed the two deep shots to Clay just last week against ATL against tight coverage. Selective amnesia?

Clay was wide open on one of them or maybe I have selective amnesia.

And frankly, the pass I'm thinking of wasn't all that because he was so wide open and the ball caused him to have to slow up

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Maybe he is trying to be a real quarterback rather than a wildcat QB who happens to be starting. Not saying he can pull it off mind you.

Close. I think all the carping over his running got in his head.

I don't watch college ball and am not sure what " ruined" means but I wish we could ruin TT a little more.

Ruin him into getting the ball out, hitting receivers in stride consistently, throwing receivers open and actually taking chances from time to time.

It means they rushed him into starting and he got clobbered , never recovered, and had to transfer to Pittsburgh

Clay was wide open on one of them or maybe I have selective amnesia.

And frankly, the pass I'm thinking of wasn't all that because he was so wide open and the ball caused him to have to slow up

You might want to check out some replays and see a neurologist. Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome ( ie - amnesia ) is a serious health problem......

You must have missed the two deep shots to Clay just last week against ATL against tight coverage. Selective amnesia?

Congrats, you can cherry pick 2 throws in 5 games. Is that who Tyrod is consistently? No, its not and thats kind of the point. Edited by Bangarang

Congrats, you can cherry pick 2 throws in 5 games.

Sigh. You made you pull out the calculator, damn you.

Plus-twenty yard pass plays AFTER Cincinnati :

Taylor : 12 out of 136.

Taylor : .088

Dak : .073

Russell : .084

Deshaun : .103

Rodgers : .089

Stafford : .064

Rivers : .072

Alex S : .089

You might want to check out some replays and see a neurologist. Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome ( ie - amnesia ) is a serious health problem......

You got me..... but in my defense, I may have been self medicating with a frothy beverage.... or three🤓 Edited by Buffalo Boy