Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

3 Years, 3 different OCs and numerous different WRs and Taylor has had these same issues throwing the ball the whole time. It aint getting better.

To think Peterman wont struggle is ridiculous, but to think he cant offer a spark in this ****ty passing game is ridiculous also.

I honestly dont care who starts at this point, just sick of reading all these !@#$ing excuses for Taylor. Hes in his 7th year and 3rd as a starter, all the flaws that were pointed out early in his first year with Buffslo have not improved at all. We have surpassed my expectations for this season and it has absolutely nothing to do with the way the offense is playing,

Edited by BananaB

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Years, 3 different OCs and numerous different WRs and Taylor has had these same issues throwing the ball the whole time. It aint getting better.

To think Peterman wont struggle is ridiculous, but to think he cant offer a spark in this ****ty passing game is ridiculous also.

I honestly dont care who starts at this point, just sick of reading all these !@#$ing excuses for Taylor. Hes in his 7th year and 3rd as a starter, all the flaws that were pointed out early in his first year with Buffslo have not improved at all. We have surpassed my expectations for this season and it has absolutely nothing to do with the way the offense is playing,

Tyrod was a QB with limitations coming into the season as he is now. The only thing that has changed is his surrounding cast that has gotten worse due to trade and injury. To say the offense played no hand in the three wins is ridiculous just as it would be to say the unit had nothing to do with the two losses.

While I don't think that now is the time for change, the O.P. does have a point. I expected going into the season that this team would be 1-4 going into the BYE week with a win versus only the Jets. They're 3-2 and tied for the AFC East lead, so there's pretty much zero chance that they punt on Taylor at this point. With that said, I think the next 5 games will be extremely telling. While they'll get to see 3 of the worst run defenses in the league in the Raiders, Jets and Chargers, i think teams will learn from what happened this week and just not allow the Bills to run the football. Taylor has to THROW the running game open. If he doesn't, I predict that this team will be 0.500 at best after the Chargers game and at that point, out of the race for the AFC East. If that is the case, I will absolutely want to see what we have in Peterman. This team cannot afford to go into the offseason with two first round draft picks and not have a clue as to whether Peterman is just a preseason / camp warrior or potentially the guy of the future. I have zero confidence at this point that Taylor will be on this team next year.

Tyrod was a QB with limitations coming into the season as he is now. The only thing that has changed is his surrounding cast that has gotten worse due to trade and injury. To say the offense played no hand in the three wins is ridiculous just as it would be to say the unit had nothing to do with the two losses.

While I agree with this, TT has showed that the cant be relied on consistently. We were +3 in turnover differential going into that last drive, not to mention a good punt return with a penalty tacked on to the end of it to give us good field position, and we still only put up 16 pts.

Yes TT has not changed, but this tells me/reaffirms two things. 1. We need to draft a QB high next year. 2. Either we roll with status quo and try and eke into the playoffs, or go with the unknown quantity which has boom or bust potential.

While I don't think that now is the time for change, the O.P. does have a point. I expected going into the season that this team would be 1-4 going into the BYE week with a win versus only the Jets. They're 3-2 and tied for the AFC East lead, so there's pretty much zero chance that they punt on Taylor at this point. With that said, I think the next 5 games will be extremely telling. While they'll get to see 3 of the worst run defenses in the league in the Raiders, Jets and Chargers, i think teams will learn from what happened this week and just not allow the Bills to run the football. Taylor has to THROW the running game open. If he doesn't, I predict that this team will be 0.500 at best after the Chargers game and at that point, out of the race for the AFC East. If that is the case, I will absolutely want to see what we have in Peterman. This team cannot afford to go into the offseason with two first round draft picks and not have a clue as to whether Peterman is just a preseason / camp warrior or potentially the guy of the future. I have zero confidence at this point that Taylor will be on this team next year.

Good post, but to add on to another reason why they wont make the change now, is I think McD would lose the locker room if he made a change now.

How did the offense move the ball in weeks 3 and 4 in the Denver and Atlanta games? It certainly wasn't the run game. The primary difference yesterday was no Clay and Matthews.

IMHO, the Bills have to pick a QB high in next year's draft no matter how Peterman plays, if he plays at all. I dont believe in sacrificing a season to evaluate a 5th round QB who doesnt have a strong supporting cast around him. We won against Denver and the Falcons playing mistake free on Offense and solid Defense. COnsidering the team that we have right now, that is the only way we can win. Putting Peterman in risks the 'mistake-free' part big time.

IMHO, the Bills have to pick a QB high in next year's draft no matter how Peterman plays, if he plays at all. I dont believe in sacrificing a season to evaluate a 5th round QB who doesnt have a strong supporting cast around him. We won against Denver and the Falcons playing mistake free on Offense and solid Defense. COnsidering the team that we have right now, that is the only way we can win. Putting Peterman in risks the 'mistake-free' part big time.

That makes a lot of sense. Need to get healthy at WR and TE, we have no depth on this team to weather the injury bug.

Good post.

Good post. Things could get really really ugly if you start a rookie QB with a weak(ish) arm and serious lack of WRs (especially any experienced ones to bail him out). I am no TT fan for sure but do recognize that he needs to be the starter for now.

How ugly do you think it will be at the stadium if Tyrod plays this next game like his last game? I can hear them screaming his name. Ugly? Ugly is when fans start chanting to want change at the stadium that's when it gets real ugly. This new staff hasn't seen the ugly, sadly it could be right around the corner. Hope he does well but I'm so sick of wishing for a miracle that never happens on this 3 year Tyrod experiment.

Teams that are leading their division do not change starting QBs

Actually the Cowboys did it back in 2006 when they were 3-2 and tied for the division lead similar to how we are now with the Jets and Patriots. They benched Bledsoe for Romo and never looked back and went on to make the playoffs that year and should have won their 1st round game against the Seahawks if not for an epic blunder at the end of the game.

I'm sure there are other examples too but that one is the most memorable to me because of Bledsoe being on the Bills a few years earlier before we dumped him for Losman of all people.

Let's look at his first two years, shall we?

Taylor's stats in the 15 games where both Watkins and Woods playing

• 63.6% comp.
  • 8.25 ypa.
  • 27 TD passes. 6 int

Taylor's stats in the 14 games without Sammy Watkins and/or Robert Woods

• 61.5%
  • 6.55 ypa
  • 10 tds, 6 ints

Funny thing, huh? You give him a legitimate Number One & Two receiver to throw to and all those "issues" and "flaws" suddenly don't seem to amount to much. Imagine that. Just like every other damn quarterback in the NFL (Brady & Rodgers possibly excepted), Taylor needs someone to actually throw to. Hell, this season he's played pretty good even without anything close to a legitimate 1&2, making due with his TE. And Clay was on the way to another plus-100 yard day before he went down.

Did you watch the kid play in preseason? Tyrod is the starter because of his contract and his seasoned veteran status, sadly it's not enough for him to play bigger then a backup.

He moved the team down the field very well, he made some really nice anticipated throws. He easily outplayed Tyrod in the preseason, easily in my opinion. He is a better fit for this system then Tyrod is.

That's hogwash. Dareus has the biggest contract on the Bills and has the least amount of per game snaps on defense. Believe some BS scenario you dreamed up in your head if you want to but coaches will put in the best player. They have a job to keep and they aren't going to hinder their team over who had a bigger contract.

If the coaches feel Peterman gives them a better chance to win then they will put him in regardless of contracts. It's that simple.

Edited by Scott7975

I like Peterman, but OP must be young. If you have not seen the likes of Dennis Shaw, Dan Darragh and countless others, you may not have a full appreciation of just how bad it could be. I do trust this admin to know if there is a point where it is likely Peterman can give us a better chance than TT. I don't think that is likely this year, but these guys should know if he is ready.

The OP and a good many others also apparently don't watch other QBs for full games. They see a highlight show with the 2 or 3 good plays some other QB makes and proclaim, "Tyrod is worse than all other QBs." Then they rush here to share their "insights" with the rest of us, day after day, week after week. Edited by yungmack

Actually the Cowboys did it back in 2006 when they were 3-2 and tied for the division lead similar to how we are now with the Jets and Patriots. They benched Bledsoe for Romo and never looked back and went on to make the playoffs that year and should have won their 1st round game against the Seahawks if not for an epic blunder at the end of the game.

I'm sure there are other examples too but that one is the most memorable to me because of Bledsoe being on the Bills a few years earlier before we dumped him for Losman of all people.

. You're sure there are other examples but can't name any. Right.

How about way worse. Like much worse.

Like mind numbingly terrible and worse.

Tyrod didn't have his best game today - everyone will pile on

NOT!!!

The OP and a good many others also apparently don't watch other QBs for full games. They see a highlight show with the 2 or 3 good plays some other QB makes and proclaim, Tyrod is worse than all other QBs. " Then they rush here to share their "insights" with the rest of us, day after day, week after week.

TYrod is horrible... The Bills are going to draft a QB in 2018. End of story.

The OP and a good many others also apparently don't watch other QBs for full games. They see a highlight show with the 2 or 3 good plays some other QB makes and proclaim, Tyrod is worse than all other QBs. " Then they rush here to share their "insights" with the rest of us, day after day, week after week.

I watch a lot of football both pro and college, not just the Bills.

I also have various contacts in the scouting world from previous work I did years ago working in the Pac 10. And while some of them don't necessarily believe Taylor is terrible and the Bills can do worse (we have), the consensus is that he's a finished product who has glaring flaws that are exposed when he's asked to pass the football more than 20 times a game regardless of the talent around him. In other words he's a solid back up and extreme game manager and that's why he was drafted where he was and rode the bench in Baltimore. And that's exactly what myself and many other fans and media see as well. These same folks also believe that this is Taylor's last season in Buffalo anyway which is why it doesn't make sense to stick with him the entire season if Peterman might be able to provide a spark and change things up.

Sure Peterman might not be the answer either but we know 100% Taylor isn't and that's the bottom line.

How ugly do you think it will be at the stadium if Tyrod plays this next game like his last game? I can hear them screaming his name. Ugly? Ugly is when fans start chanting to want change at the stadium that's when it gets real ugly. This new staff hasn't seen the ugly, sadly it could be right around the corner. Hope he does well but I'm so sick of wishing for a miracle that never happens on this 3 year Tyrod experiment.

I'm wondering how much longer the D is going to be showing up if they keep getting nothing from the O and QB position?