Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Taylor is the problem then Peterman might help. If the problem is the O-line, receivers or run game, then changing QB isn't going to help much, is it?

Taylor has had numerous different WRs, 3 different coordinators. The passing game has been bad all 3 years. Peterman looked like he made better decisions and processed things better in preseason. The change may come with more mistakes, but it still may be a better option then what we are watching. Ive said this in another post, sometimes its like Tyrod doesnt even know the routes these guys are running, hes just sitting in the pocket waiting for a guy to get completely open. There were times today where Taylor had loads of time to throw the ball and he stands still until hes flushed out or takes a sack. Whats he waiting for? the routes are in place. How come none of the WRs get the ball when they come out of their breaks? Its the NFL, guys arent open all the time, you need to trust the play and make the throw. All offseason people said this was a quick decision offense in which the QB needs to get the ball out with anticipation. I dont see any of this with Taylor?

Edited by BananaB

Taylor has had numerous different WRs, 3 different coordinators. The passing game has been bad all 3 years. Peterman looked like he made better decisions and processed things better in preseason. The change may come with more mistakes, but it still may be a better option then what we are watching. Ive said this in another post, sometimes its like Tyrod doesnt even know the routes these guys are running, hes just sitting in the pocket waiting for a guy to get completely open. There were times today where Taylor had loads of time to throw the ball and he stands still until hes flushed out or takes a sack. Whats he waiting for? the routes are in place. How come none of the WRs get the ball when they come out of their breaks? Its the NFL, guys arent open all the time, you need to trust the play and make the throw. All offseason people said this was a quick decision offense in which the QB needs to get the ball out with anticipation. I dont see any of this with Taylor?

Nathan Peterman in preseason. :lol: He was waiting for a real NFL caliber WR.

At this point, what has tyrod taylor shown you that you don't think Peterman could go out there and do?

Taylor is Trent Edwards with mobility and anytime he's forced to make a tough NFL throw or come back and lead a team to victory he either throws an INT or the pass is wildly inaccurate. Same reason why some of Taylor's stats have always been misleading just like with Edwards and similar players.

I have nothing against the guy but it's only a matter of time before he loses the lockerroom, especially the defense because guys are going to stop playing hard when they know the QB can't throw for more than 150 yards a game and the offense averaging 10 points a game. It's not sustainable even with the 86 Bears or 00 Ravens type of defense.

Sure switching to Peterman will likely piss some veterans off and create other issues (i.e. rookie mistakes) but the guy is simply better equipped to run this style of offense by default because he's a true QB and not an 'athlete' or RB playing QB.

Nathan Peterman in preseason. :lol: He was waiting for a real NFL caliber WR.

What else do you want me to look at? Until Peterman hits the field we have nothing else. All we know right now is that Taylor is the check down king. Hard to judge any WR who rarely sees the ball.

This season is going to be a duplicate of St. Doug's final season: A Super Bowl caliber defense, and a quarterback that can't throw with any consistency, and likely another year watching the playoffs, all because of horrific quarterback play.

I realize he doesn't have top notch receivers to throw to, yet, they are still open, and he either misses them, or simply chooses not to throw it.

The first drive we got a field goal on should have been a touchdown, but he made yet another bad decision with the football.

I want him to do well, but have more than seen enough.

He is what he is, and isn't going to get any better, and I don't think it would matter if he had Jerry Rice and Steve Largent to throw to, he still wouldn't pull the trigger.

What else do you want me to look at? Until Peterman hits the field we have nothing else. All we know right now is that Taylor is the check down king. Hard to judge any WR who rarely sees the ball.

Did he check down in the previous two weeks when he had at least a semblance of an NFL caliber receiving corps? Not to mention he's best known as a deep thrower. Your point is just off base.

Of course cause you know a win against Tampa does so much for you when you drop games to teams in the AFC that you need to beat for the chance at the playoffs

Yea, you're right, don't bother trying to beat the Bucs. Good job, Bobby.

dunno if Peterman has a gun for a arm or not, but he certainly looks to rifle the ball out fast. Noticed the difference between him and Taylor in the preseason. Sure Peterman faced backups, but if u need to get the ball out fast accurately in this system, then i know who i would go with.

Like I have said before Monday night football with the Bears starting Trubisky will be a good game for us to watch.

Bears WR's are worse than ours.

Bears O-Line is worse than ours.

Glennon missing wide open WR's and throwing off target passes. Fans blaming Horrid offense and zero weapons on offense for Glennon's horrid play.

The Bears insert Trubisky in a no talent offense, no WR's no impact players bad O-line. The big what if, what if Trubisky elevates the play of his no talent offense and passes for 250 and 2 scores in his first game and it's on Monday night football.

Taylor will never get this team to the playoffs. He would need so much talent that the cap would not allow it.