Stephon Gilmore is Trending

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he is not cleared to play, it's interesting that he is not going to be on the sidelines to support his teammates.

you know, I have ran into some folks who have known him. And all of these reports that we ever read seem to go against everything that those who ever known him say about him. I just don't understand what is going on with this guy. Edited by Boyst62

Cmon thats not fair to the top ten corner!!! It isnt his fault.

Sarcasm warning.

No one points the finger at others like Stephon Gilmore. He's a generational HoF talent when it comes to blaming others for being burned.

A little bit of a subject change...

One of my biggest gripes about Gilmore was the shoulder bump rather than a tackle. Today the CBs and Safeties for the Bills were grabbing legs and ankles, which is the best way to tackle somebody in the open field. Reminds me of Antoine Winfield. If Gilmore was out there, the Raiders would have been able to extend plays because of his shoulder bump tackle technique.

Edited by Gray Beard

you know, I have ran into some folks who have known him. And all of these reports that we ever read seem to go against everything that those who ever known him say about him. I just don't understand what is going on with this guy.

Just spoke with a friend and colleague who is a massive Pats fan. He said that scratches (which is what Gilmore was) do not travel with the team. He wasn't sure about home games, but it stands to reason that the Patriots don't shift policies simply because it's a home game and want instead to remain consistent in their policy.

Edited by dave mcbride

Just spoke with a friend and colleague who is a massive Pats fan. He said that scratches (which is what Gilmore was) do not travel with the team. He wasn't sure about home games, but it stands to reason that the Patriots don't shift policies simply because it's a home game and want instead to remain consistent in their policy.

That doesn't make sense to me. Inactives aren't announced until about an hour before the game. What if someone tweaks an ankle a couple hours before the game?

If they are announced as out for the game before they travel, that makes sense. If someone is healthy though, it doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't travel with the team.

In Gilmore's case, it sounds like's still in concussion protocol. As Ed_Formerly_of_Roch mentioned, they might have sent him home to continue to rest. If he left on his own, that'd be interesting.

That doesn't make sense to me. Inactives aren't announced until about an hour before the game. What if someone tweaks an ankle a couple hours before the game?

If they are announced as out for the game before they travel, that makes sense. If someone is healthy though, it doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't travel with the team.

In Gilmore's case, it sounds like's still in concussion protocol. As Ed_Formerly_of_Roch mentioned, they might have sent him home to continue to rest. If he left on his own, that'd be interesting.

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/how-come-we-never-see-injured-pats-on-the-sidelines.978539/