I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

2-1

For one I am a die hard fan that wants more, for 2 I pay good money for season tickets why would I want them to lose, I'm just pointing out this team is going down the same failed path if they are going to build around Tyrod. It worries me they will skip picking a QB wearing the exact same blinders.

Fitz is not Tyrod. Tyrod is not Fitz. And I fully expect a QB picked in round 1 next year.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't ask about anyone else.

Do me a favor, take your first 3 fingers and hold them up while with your pinkie grab it with your thumb in the same hand.. So your holding up 3 fingers. First one a win, second a loss, 3rd a win, now take those wins and set them on your thumb.

And I disagreed as I felt the offense was not properly suited for him, play calling was lousy and unimaginative.

They bring him back and I am interested to see his play with a invigorated offense and what do they do? They trade their best receiver and set TT up to fail and talk about draft picks and not 2017......

I think TT is a competent QB, but not with the tools and players given and that is the big FU the "NEW REGIME" gave the fans.

I was at the Jets game and it was boring.

You would honestly rather see the team lose and be what you consider exciting, over them winning.

I cannot fathom feeling that way about a team I root for.

Do me a favor, take your first 3 fingers and hold them up while with your pinkie grab it with your thumb in the same hand.. So your holding up 3 fingers. First one a win, second a loss, 3rd a win, now take those wins and set them on your thumb.

What's your prediction this week, Einstein?

Fitz is not Tyrod. Tyrod is not Fitz. And I fully expect a QB picked in round 1 next year.

Hey man all I want is better for my favorite team. I'm sick of the if the D just did it all and our QB just was average enough. I want a playoff run for once, I want playoff games to go to and expect to win. I am hopeful of a QB drafted early but sadly I'm starting to see excuses starting to mount to give them a excuse to not draft one and build around Tyrod. Just pointing that out is all.

Tyrod is Fitz, a backup QB from another team who got a raise with the Bills.

What's your prediction this week, Einstein?

What's with the name calling dude, you don't like my opinion fine buy back off the name calling. Why so serious?

I'm mixed on the score prediction right now, I hope our D continues to be dominate so it could be a very low score game but they have so many weapons it could be a shootout that Tyrod won't keep up on so I have nothing on the prediction for this week. Eitherway like many I see it as a loss I just hope it isn't a blowout.

Edited by xRUSHx

Hey man all I want is better for my favorite team. I'm sick of the if the D just did it all and our QB just was average enough. I want a playoff run for once, I want playoff games to go to and expect to win. I am hopeful of a QB drafted early but sadly I'm starting to see excuses starting to mount to give them a excuse to not draft one and build around Tyrod. Just pointing that out is all.

If they make the playoffs this year, maybe they stay with what they have.

I would point out that, as usual, the current crop of college QBs that were supposed to be so fantastic is starting to get shredded, as seems to happen every year. Darnold throws too many picks. Allen is not having a good year in Wyoming. The kid at UCLA is a head case. I've read some scouts think the Rudolph kid at Ok St is a third day pick even before his bad outing last week. Mayfield will be the next one to get downgraded.

I can tell you that this staff thinks highly of Taylor (and it's trending up). There IS a decent chance that they believe he is the guy. When they first got here that wasn't necessarily the case.

That makes me very nervous for the future of this team. It seems like they favor character over actually talent.

For instance, if they had a shot at Rosen, but they passed because of Rosens risks and because they think TT is good enough, that could be an all time error.

I know you can do worse than Tyrod. But you can do much better. Watson as a rookie looked better against NE than TT has ever.

I would point out that, as usual, the current crop of college QBs that were supposed to be so fantastic is starting to get shredded, as seems to happen every year. Darnold throws too many picks. Allen is not having a good year in Wyoming. The kid at UCLA is a head case. I've read some scouts think the Rudolph kid at Ok St is a third day pick even before his bad outing last week. Mayfield will be the next one to get downgraded.

I want a QB drafted by my team early in the draft, I'm sick of the other teams backup QB plan all these staffs keep giving us.

So your already making excuses as to why not to draft a QB early, see exactly what I was talking about.

Lets keep passing on drafting qbs and want for the following draft. Its worked out so well.

I want a QB drafted by my team early in the draft, I'm sick of the other teams backup QB plan all these staffs keep giving us.

So your already making excuses as to why not to draft a QB early, see exactly what I was talking about.

I am not making any excuses, I am talking about what others are saying out there. So stop with the nonsense.

I anticipate them taking a QB in round 1 next year, because despite all the crap that goes on before the draft, and despite all the hype and then critique, teams take QBs in round 1. Whether that is out of desperation or what who knows. But they';ll likely take one, and whoever it is will have maybe a 50% chance of actually being a successful NFL starter based on history.

The idea that you want them to take a QB early, just to apparently say they took a QB early, is to me silly. I want them to pick the right QB, regardless of where. And since I recognize what a crap shoot the whole thing is, if they pick a guy and he flames out I won't call for their heads.

Lets keep passing on drafting qbs and want for the following draft. Its worked out so well.

See above. I am quite sure they target a guy in round 1.

You would honestly rather see the team lose and be what you consider exciting, over them winning.

I cannot fathom feeling that way about a team I root for.

7-9 and exciting with a chance to come back and win games vs. 9-7 and once you're down the game is essentially over and no playoffs......

Much rather be 7-9 and entertained. Sorry 9-3 vs. Carolina was a lousy game. Even that last drive was boring. Time of Possession was 2:1, 125 yards passing......

2016 - 9X's less then 200 yards passing, 2X's under 100, another 3X's 200-210.....

2015 - 7X's under 200.....

Ughhh..... Pathetic

That makes me very nervous for the future of this team. It seems like they favor character over actually talent.

For instance, if they had a shot at Rosen, but they passed because of Rosens risks and because they think TT is good enough, that could be an all time error.

I know you can do worse than Tyrod. But you can do much better. Watson as a rookie looked better against NE than TT has ever.

I'm not saying that they will pass on a guy. I'm saying that there is a chance that Tyrod could be the guy. They like his game, leadership, etc... As outsiders I think that they looked at him as a bridge and now they are saying "let's let this play out." That's the right thing to do. There is no reason to make a decision that you don't yet need to make.

In terms of Watson this NE defense is a shell of the defense they were even a year ago. Every offense has torched them!!! They are giving up 461 yards a game, by far the most in the league. I wouldn't be using the "strength of the Pats D" to support any argument.

7-9 and exciting with a chance to come back and win games vs. 9-7 and once you're down the game is essentially over and no playoffs......

Much rather be 7-9 and entertained. Sorry 9-3 vs. Carolina was a lousy game. Even that last drive was boring. Time of Possession was 2:1, 125 yards passing......

2016 - 9X's less then 200 yards passing, 2X's under 100, another 3X's 200-210.....

2015 - 7X's under 200.....

Ughhh..... Pathetic

Then you may be a football fan but you're not a Bills fan. I know some will flame me for saying so, but to me I don't know how you can say you root for a team when you'd rather see them lose.

Then you may be a football fan but you're not a Bills fan. I know some will flame me for saying so, but to me I don't know how you can say you root for a team when you'd rather see them lose.

I don't think anyone wants them to lose I think many of us just expect it.

Let's randomly draft a QB just to draft one since that's worked out so well. Like in 2013.

In the NFL if a team wants to get better they draft better talent at a position. It's the lottery, you have to be in it to win it.

No I want to see them win. Also am disgusted with myself wasting 3 hours watching a terrible game because I am a fan.

New Orleans vs. Buffalo, I'd rather watch NO everytime given the same level of interest.

NO 7-9 3 straight seasons, but a ton of fun games. I can't remember the last fun game the Bills played.

I don't think anyone wants them to lose I think many of us just expect it.

In the NFL if a team wants to get better they draft better talent at a position. It's the lottery, you have to be in it to win it.

No. The poster said specifically he'd rather see the team be 7-9 and pass more than 9-7 with a game more like they're playing now.

No I want to see them win. Also am disgusted with myself wasting 3 hours watching a terrible game because I am a fan.

New Orleans vs. Buffalo, I'd rather watch NO everytime given the same level of interest.

NO 7-9 3 straight seasons, but a ton of fun games. I can't remember the last fun game the Bills played.

Last year against Seattle would be your cup of tea then. They had a big day on offense and lost. I'll bet you were jumping for joy that your supposed team lost.

Here you go:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/register.php

They have open registration. Just have to provide your age which honestly might be a stumbling block for you.

No. The poster said specifically he'd rather see the team be 7-9 and pass more than 9-7 with a game more like they're playing now.

Yeah I seen that I was just pointing out that the idea many fans just want them to lose is false in my opinion , sure there is some that want that for the draft pick but fans want to win in my opinion they are just sick of the letdown of just not good enough when it's all said and done.

Yeah I seen that I was just pointing out that the idea many fans just want them to lose is false in my opinion , sure there is some that want that for the draft pick but fans want to win in my opinion they are just sick of the letdown of just not good enough when it's all said and done.

I agree it's not many fans. This guy was specific in his desire.

I'm not saying that they will pass on a guy. I'm saying that there is a chance that Tyrod could be the guy. They like his game, leadership, etc... As outsiders I think that they looked at him as a bridge and now they are saying "let's let this play out." That's the right thing to do. There is no reason to make a decision that you don't yet need to make.

In terms of Watson this NE defense is a shell of the defense they were even a year ago. Every offense has torched them!!! They are giving up 461 yards a game, by far the most in the league. I wouldn't be using the "strength of the Pats D" to support any argument.

I dont know Boss. I think if Tyrod or Peterman had that type of game against NE and it took a last second drive by Brady to beat us, wed be losing our minds with excitement.

So let me see if I have this straight

You would rather be entertained and lose....rather then watching a defensive matchup and win

Last year against Seattle would be your cup of tea then. They had a big day on offense and lost. I'll bet you were jumping for joy that your supposed team lost.

Absolutely right an exciting game. Win it 10-7 & go 8-8 in the big picture no thanks.

I was at least entertained in that loss.

So let me see if I have this straight

You would rather be entertained and lose....rather then watching a defensive matchup and win

When the end result is mediocrity absolutely. The amount of time watching games like the Tennessee 14-13 stinker or Carolina 9-3 loss is a waste.

Answer this one........ Choose one......

10-7 win week 17 to go 8-8 where nothing happens

35-31 loss week 17 to go 7-9 where it come down to the last drive.....

Now extrapolate it the full season knowing the same choices and you have 17 weeks of compelling football and going 7-9 or 17 weeks of boring football to go 8-8.....

Sorry I take the 7-9 exciting season every single time.

I dont know Boss. I think if Tyrod or Peterman had that type of game against NE and it took a last second drive by Brady to beat us, wed be losing our minds with excitement.

That is the worst defense in the league right now. 461 yards a game!!! If we are losing our minds about torching that team it's because we aren't paying attention to how truly awful their defense has been. http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame/position/defense

Absolutely right an exciting game. Win it 10-7 & go 8-8 in the big picture no thanks.

When the end result is mediocrity absolutely. The amount of time watching games like the Tennessee 14-13 stinker or Carolina 9-3 loss is a waste.

Now extrapolate it the full season knowing the same choices and you have 17 weeks of compelling football and going 7-9 or 17 weeks of boring football to go 8-8.....

OK....well...it is a free country lol

Not a single team you mentioned is a pop gun offense. The Bills passing offense hasn't shown that it isn't....... How far back you going with Dilfer & Grossman..... Yep Payton is a lousy QB that scares no one, nor does Russel Wilson, nor Keapernick the year they made the SB.

Guess what they too all threw multiple times for over 300, which the Bills haven't done in Regulation since 2014!!!!!! That was the point.

Oh and keep ignoring Matt Ryan, Ben Rothliesberger (sp.?) oh and that Tom Brady fellow in order to make your point......

Man, you are a terrible reader, poster, and are awful at even understanding what YOU WROTE.

I did NOT say all teams have been pop-gun or weak passing attacks. YOU...and I repeat YOU are the ONLY one that said NO TEAM has done anything in the last 15 years with a pop gun passing attack. So what does Ryan, Brady, etc have to do with me showing YOU that there are SOME TEAMS that have had SUCCESS without a POTENT passing attack? The ONLY person ignoring anything here is YOU.

So if you can't read...if you can't even remember your own claims and statements and then understand the response to your post...then maybe best you stop posting about it.

I have shown JUST IN THE SUPER BOWL ALONE teams that have had great success with average or worse Passing attacks. And Russel Wilson was on a pop gun passing attack that was a RUN first team with a TOP defense both SB appearance. Kapernick SAME THING. Big Ben...same thing in his early SB days. Rex Grossman...same thing. Trent Dilfer...same thing. 2015 Broncos SAME THING. MANY MANY examples completely disproving your baseless and illogical nonsense comment that NO TEAM in the last 15 years has done anything without a good passing attack. And again, I ONLY used SB examples...the teams GREATLY expand when you go into just Playoff teams.

This isn't even a discussable argument, its 1000% fact. And don't even get me started on how OFTEN teams with TOP passing attacks don't even make the playoffs...including Ryan, Stafford, Brees, Luck, and Rivers who combined for just THREE playoff appearances in the last 3 years out of FIFTEEN possible chances.

Edited by Alphadawg7

This is just extraordinarily sad.

You can't complete in this league being at the BOTTOM of the league in passing yards every year.

You might be able to compete if your offense never turns the ball over, you average 20 plus point a game like they did last year and two out of three games this year, and you play great defense. If they continue to play the way they did against Denver they will probably win 10-11 games this year. Old school Bill Parcells football. Players doing the right thing most of the time. His words not mine. Edited by Billsmovinup

Man, you are a terrible reader, poster, and are awful at even understanding what YOU WROTE.

I did NOT say all teams have been pop-gun or weak passing attacks. YOU...and I repeat YOU are the ONLY one that said NO TEAM has done anything in the last 15 years with a pop gun passing attack. So what does Ryan, Brady, etc have to do with me showing YOU that there are SOME TEAMS that have had SUCCESS without a POTENT passing attack? The ONLY person ignoring anything here is YOU.

So if you can't read...if you can't even remember your own claims and statements and then understand the response to your post...then maybe best you stop posting about it.

I have shown JUST IN THE SUPER BOWL ALONE teams that have had great success with average or worse Passing attacks. And Russel Wilson was on a pop gun passing attack that was a RUN first team with a TOP defense both SB appearance. Kapernick SAME THING. Big Ben...same thing in his early SB days. Rex Grossman...same thing. Trent Dilfer...same thing. 2015 Broncos SAME THING. MANY MANY examples completely disproving your baseless and illogical nonsense comment that NO TEAM in the last 15 years has done anything without a good passing attack. And again, I ONLY used SB examples...the teams GREATLY expand when you go into just Playoff teams.

This isn't even a discussable argument, its 1000% fact. And don't even get me started on how OFTEN teams with TOP passing attacks don't even make the playoffs...including Ryan, Stafford, Brees, Luck, and Rivers who combined for just THREE playoff appearances in the last 3 years out of FIFTEEN possible chances.

And no you can't read!!!! Boy let's both sound like 10 year olds.....

Still Grossman & Dilfer???? Get off that soapbox.

I said all SB teams had QB's who are capable and do throw 300 yard games (my yardstick) and keep defenses honest. Oh yea and engineer comebacks.....

Keep telling me Big Ben & Russell Wilson are not dangerous QB's and that no one feared Peyton Manning or that Eli did not have 9 300 yard games in the season the second time he beat NE.......

Edited by Billsfan1972

His QB rating in his last 6 games is like 109.

While true, does it really mean he is as good as Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Ryan?

correlated to winning..

50 yards and a score is 50 yards and a score. Passing and Rushing s/b equally valued. But hey, that is just me

I think a balanced attack is highly valued by coaches and OCs and highly hated by DCs. And you're right the points count the same.

What I mean by correlated to winning:

Back in Da Day - maybe 5, maybe 3 years ago - I collected a season's data on offense and on Ws, and looked for statistical correlations using regression analysis. I'm not a statistician, but I used statistics a lot for my job, so easy peasy 4 me.

Much to my surprise, passing yardage came out not at all statistically correlated to winning. Rushing yardage, OTOH, was statistically correlated to winning. I was surprised because we hear so much about "it's a passing league", so I went through about 5 years of data, same thing.

Now correlation is not causation, as statisticians and scientists like to point out. I think it's because teams that are behind, are often slinging it frantically to try to score quickly and catch up. OTOH, teams that are ahead, are usually handing off and grinding it out as the safer, more clock-eating option.

Anyway, it was an educational experience. Bunch of things that were correlated to winning: 3rd down conversion percentage, AY/A, sacks (negative correlation), nothing too startling there.

I'd post the data but that was three computers ago and it's long gone.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

And no you can't read!!!! Boy let's both sound like 10 year olds.....

Still Grossman & Dilfer???? Get off that soapbox.

I said all SB teams had QB's who are capable and do throw 300 yard games (my yardstick) and keep defenses honest. Oh yea and engineer comebacks.....

Keep telling me Big Ben & Russell Wilson are not dangerous QB's and that no one feared Peyton Manning or that Eli did not have 9 300 yard games in the season the second time he beat NE.......

Wait...so we are supposed to ignore Dilfer and Grossman because it doesn't fit your false statement? LMAO, now I have heard it all.

And you did NOT mention ALL SB teams...you said any team that has done anything. I AM the one who used JUST THE SB to point out that just in the SB alone there are teams that disprove your statements including 4 of the past 5 Super Bowls played.

And most importantly...you FALSELY are using what the QB's EVENTUALLY became to negate what they ACTUALLY WERE at the time of the reference. Seahawks were in NO WAY a passing attack team and fully built on the back of the D and bruising run game that also included Wilson as a runner when they made those SB runs. Big Ben was also young and the Steelers were completely built around the power run game and stout defense, not even close to what Big Ben EVENTUALLY became as he progressed as a passer.

So again, YOUR statement which you don't seem to even know what you wrote anymore was that NO ONE has done ANYTHING while I showed you SB participants that completely destroy that statement alone. And if you want me to start talking about the playoffs also, then all kinds of additional teams over the last 15 years enter that conversation like the Chiefs, Texans, etc.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Why are people bringing up EJ? Such a stupid point to make. Its like all the idiots who yell Liberal and Conservative to everything.

I want every Bills qb to succeed. I defended JP, Trent, EJ, Fitz, & whoever. Most rational people think Tyrod is fine. I dont want fine. I want a difference maker. I dont want to be excited if our qb puts up 200 yards passing.

Tyrod is an easy guy to root for. I just dont think he is the long term answer. Hes like a 6/10. It looks a lot better because weve had 4s and 3s.

Your whole problem (no I don't want to argue with you for 3 pages) is that you keep referencing yards passing per game. Attempts are decided by scheme, situation and coaches call. No Qb controls their # of attempts per game without it aligning with all that. Your approach would instantly force me to ask myself things like "how many would-be pass attempts turned into runs by TT? (sometimes these are 10-15 yard runs) and do those now count as pass attempts?" Then there's the Carson Wentz example - I'm gonna throw 50 passes and "achieve" 300 yds passing but only end up with 5.5 YPA. Oooooohhh wow impressive right? What you are trying to argue would reach a larger audience if you drop the passing yards per game having any meaning thing.

Um I don't know...SMH

What was Fitz record in his power trip here? He had a stretch too and the exact same excuses many fans are pointing to with Tyrod, so Chan got on the Fitz wagon

The Fitz nonsense , again. Fitz was well below .500 here. Right now TT is two games over.

Tyrod is Fitz, a backup QB from another team who got a raise with the Bills.

What's with the name calling dude, you don't like my opinion fine buy back off the name calling. Why so serious?

I'm mixed on the score prediction right now, I hope our D continues to be dominate so it could be a very low score game but they have so many weapons it could be a shootout that Tyrod won't keep up on so I have nothing on the prediction for this week. Eitherway like many I see it as a loss I just hope it isn't a blowout.

Yet you weren't sick of the bad defense last year when the offense did enough.

He did net 4 TD's though.

But it's a failure because he didn't top 300 yards.lol

I think a balanced attack is highly valued by coaches and OCs and highly hated by DCs. And you're right the points count the same.

What I mean by correlated to winning:

Back in Da Day - maybe 5, maybe 3 years ago - I collected a season's data on offense and on Ws, and looked for statistical correlations using regression analysis. I'm not a statistician, but I used statistics a lot for my job, so easy peasy 4 me.

Much to my surprise, passing yardage came out not at all statistically correlated to winning. Rushing yardage, OTOH, was statistically correlated to winning. I was surprised because we hear so much about "it's a passing league", so I went through about 5 years of data, same thing.

Now correlation is not causation, as statisticians and scientists like to point out. I think it's because teams that are behind, are often slinging it frantically to try to score quickly and catch up. OTOH, teams that are ahead, are usually handing off and grinding it out as the safer, more clock-eating option.

Anyway, it was an educational experience. Bunch of things that were correlated to winning: 3rd down conversion percentage, AY/A, sacks (negative correlation), nothing too startling there.

I'd post the data but that was three computers ago and it's long gone.

1 - I'm a balanced attack guy myself. and :thumbsup: points is points

2- I agree. 500 yards passing in a game is no more a guarantee that 200 rushing yards is.

I don't want to see a 400 to 500 yard passing game every week. I would just like to know that my teams QB is capable of it so that when it is needed It can be put to good use.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

He did net 4 TD's though.

It makes chuckle when these guys try hard to point Tyrod into the Rogers/Brady category when if you really look at it those two win games regularly while always in the playoff hunt and make it happen when it counts while Tyrod is padding stats after a negative first half. Wow look at those stats in that loss. SMH

Tyrod did ok the first few games better then I expected from him but to lump him into that category with those 2 is the reason we still have some thinking it's everyone else at fault as to why this team isn't a playoff team.

The real season starts now, like it or not we will see where this team is going. Again I was surprised at Tyrod but since our D stood on their heads and we had a few lucky breaks we got those two wins not because Tyrod did anything a franchise worthy QB would have done just what a backup QB is trained to do, protect the ball and hope the rest of the team bails you out.

1 - I'm a balanced attack guy myself. and :thumbsup: points is points

2- I agree. 500 yards passing in a game is no more a guarantee that 200 rushing yards is.

I don't want to see a 400 to 500 yard passing game every week. I would just like to know that my teams QB is capable of it so that when it is needed It can be put to good use.

After 2 years we know he isn't capable of doing it, that's why many want more because yes the QB is the one that either gets you to the playoffs or ends the playoff run.

Some day we will have a offense that teams fear but for now we have to wish the rest of the team plays so well they can cover for our QB that is trained to play as a backup.

It makes chuckle when these guys try hard to point Tyrod into the Rogers/Brady category when if you really look at it those two win games regularly while always in the playoff hunt and make it happen when it counts while Tyrod is padding stats after a negative first half. Wow look at those stats in that loss. SMH

Tyrod did ok the first few games better then I expected from him but to lump him into that category with those 2 is the reason we still have some thinking it's everyone else at fault as to why this team isn't a playoff team.

The real season starts now, like it or not we will see where this team is going. Again I was surprised at Tyrod but since our D stood on their heads and we had a few lucky breaks we got those two wins not because Tyrod did anything a franchise worthy QB would have done just what a backup QB is trained to do, protect the ball and hope the rest of the team bails you out.

After 2 years we know he isn't capable of doing it, that's why many want more because yes the QB is the one that either gets you to the playoffs or ends the playoff run.

Some day we will have a offense that teams fear but for now we have to wish the rest of the team plays so well they can cover for our QB that is trained to play as a backup.

So the Denver game wasn't a real game because the Bills won with TT. Denver is over rated , right? Just like I said yesterday about the Atlanta game-chomping at the bit because we all know the Bills will probably lose this one. newsflash: Most teams would lose in Atlanta, even those with elite QBs.