Billsfan1972

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....three things happened that most wanted to see:

1. TT's play improved.

2. Dennison's play calling improved

3. Bills got the big W at home versus Denver, the same club that destroyed Dallas.

....so steady as she goes and keep improving weekly.....nothing wrong with that...BTW, Buffalo STILL drafts a QB in the 1st of 2018 regardless IMO.........

Gee, I wonder how this got so confusing. :doh:

I was talking about how the first 3 games have played out where we have been carried by TYROD mostly with the run game struggling. I already had said his ENTIRE TENURE here...then YOU made a smart remark challenging if we are as if to point out the struggles of our running game.

You see, this is all you do, you continuously nit pick and twist comments trying to lure out statements all the time. I already CLEARLY defined it has been his entire time here.

Coming into this season its STILL the plan, however, our run first effectiveness has gone out the window and we have needed to rely on TT and the passing offense to keep us the chains moving because Dennison run scheme has NOT been working this year.

I was talking about how the first 3 games have played out where we have been carried by TYROD mostly with the run game struggling. I already had said his ENTIRE TENURE here...then YOU made a smart remark challenging if we are as if to point out the struggles of our running game.

You see, this is all you do, you continuously nit pick and twist comments trying to lure out statements all the time. I already CLEARLY defined it has been his entire time here.

Coming into this season its STILL the plan, however, our run first effectiveness has gone out the window and we have needed to rely on TT and the passing offense to keep us the chains moving because Dennison run scheme has NOT been working this year.

So we ARE a run-first team this year. Got it.

It's what happens when you have no over the top threat in the passing game.... among other reasons.

True, and just one more reason to have concern about our run game at this point.

How many passing yards will it take to defeat NE?

Even with a running game.

Weird, last I checked NFL games were won and loss on points not passing yards.

True, and just one more reason to have concern about our run game at this point.

Weird, last I checked NFL games were won and loss on points not passing yards.

...I'd be pretty careful with that line of thinking....stats here seem to be the Bible of all arguments.......W's are irrelevant even if stats suck...go figure......TT is NOT going to be Air Coryell......

Since that hasn't happened in 3 years I don't know......

But I will tell you I watch the NFL to be entertained and that is almost always when then offense is moving the ball...

Anyone remember the K-gun? Fun football then.

You don't know? Isn't winning the game all that matters?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000852374/article/qb-index-week-4-dak-prescott-facing-new-challenges?campaign=Twitter_atn

Tyrod is playing like the Panthers want Cam to play. Taylor is avoiding mistakes and giving his team a chance drive after drive. He even played pretty well in the Bills' three-point effort back in Week 2, thus far maintaining a level of consistency each week that must make Sean McDermott smile -- and make those Nathan Peterman truthers in Buffalo feel embarrassed.

None.

We will beat the Pats 2-0. Pats wont score and Poyer gets a safety on Brady. That will happen on the Pats first possession of the game. McDennison will be so comfortable with a 2 point lead he will run Shady until he pukes. We run so much time off the clock that the game will end at 2:37 pm

passing yards does not correlate with winning.

Edited by Scott7975

So we ARE a run-first team this year. Got it.

The agenda continues even after a very nice win. Your little group ruins it for everyone else. Never fear, the bills probably won't win in Atlanta, and your fresh agenda can continue-TT can't beat Ryan on the road so he sucks. I see it coming.

Are teams given 10 points for every 100 yards passing? I see. And I thought they had to cross the goal line or kick a field goal to score.

Edited by JM2009

If Taylor had the wide receivers and OL that Jared Goff and Trevor Siemian have, he might throw for 300 yards. Unfortunately, he doesn't, but he did very well with what he had on Sunday ... and a W trumps anything else.

Actually the two main receivers that Goff has, TT DID have last year. Watkins and Woods. He wasn't producing 300 yard games then either. So what. The Bills' scheme is different. This year the O line has not been as solid and there's no deep threat so the options for TT are different. At least he's not checking down over and over, and he's hitting passes over the middle which he never did before (hasn't anyone noticed that?).

Tyrod will always be how to quantify because there aren't any comps in the league (or maybe ever). He is unconventional. He makes a lot of plays and never turns the ball over but they move the ball non-traditionally. He will be polarizing forever. I use Alex Smith as the closest comp but he lacks the playmaking ability. At the same time he can move, rarely makes mistakes and is probably a little better than he gets credit for.

He is like the movement in baseball from batting average to OPS. Batting average is passing yards. It tells such a small part of the story. OPS is a more inclusive broader stat. Stats are always evolving.

Nice post!

Actually the two main receivers that Goff has, TT DID have last year. Watkins and Woods. He wasn't producing 300 yard games then either. So what. The Bills' scheme is different. This year the O line has not been as solid and there's no deep threat so the options for TT are different. At least he's not checking down over and over, and he's hitting passes over the middle which he never did before (hasn't anyone noticed that?).

No. That's no longer a thing because it cant be used to prove that TT is the worst QB in football anymore. Now its... he doesn't get 300 yards passing on 25 attempts or he doesn't throw to his receivers enough. Try to keep up.

Where's his friend Maury at these days?

Where's his friend Maury at these days?

....you're a stat boy.....which would you prefer....

1. Taylor throwing for 220 yds and dialing up the W

2. Taylor throwing for 412 yds in a losing cause.

...why are his personal stats the overriding factor in every analysis around this joint and it's like the "W" doesn't mean a damn bit of difference?.....think the best of the best have NEVER dipped below the Mendoza Line (MLB speak for 200) and felt lousy about the "W"?...WTF?.............

....you're a stat boy.....which would you prefer....

1. Taylor throwing for 220 yds and dialing up the W

2. Taylor throwing for 412 yds in a losing cause.

...why are his personal stats the overriding factor in every analysis around this joint and it's like the "W" doesn't mean a damn bit of difference?.....think the best of the best have NEVER dipped below the Mendoza Line (MLB speak for 200) and felt lousy about the "W"?...WTF?.............

and what's so magic about 300 yds?