I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

The problem with all of this is losing seasons do not guarantee a future good team. And this has been shown countless times.

I actually like the way the bills did it....notice how the bills cut players that dont fit scheme....cost a ton of money....and yet through trades found players that are providing the same impact as the departed players.

Notice how they traded for a 1st rounder next year....and the player they traded down for is the defensive rookie of the month?

Notice how the team is better coached as shown by the penalties are going down and the team is better prepared?

The team has amassed a large amount of picks in this next years draft....and are in EXCELLENT cap shape

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again missing the context. I'd much rather be entertained and go 7-9 then 9-7 and 14-10 games........ Absolutely right that the Saints are more fun to watch then the Bills and the results are pretty much the exact same.

The difference is with Brees & the Saints a 14 point deficit does not mean the game is over. With the Bills it does.

I wish I was wrong, but name one comeback in the last 3 years (closest I remember is vs. Jacksonville in London 2015 when EJ was the QB).

And again, 9-7 can make the playoffs as a WC. 7-9 with more offense, or 9-7 with less, but the playoffs possibly, is always the better option.

Fair enough. I have never thought of you as a Crusher or Xrush etc type with this. The extreme ones.Those are the ones I'm talking about.

I do feel bad if it does seem like Im crushing TT because he is a decent nfl starting qb. I just dont if he makes a difference one way or another. He is a .500 type qb. Which is fine but in this league, it almost needs to be playoffs or rock bottom.

The Bills arent the worst franchise in the nfl and thats kinda the problem. 7-9 every year doesnt really get you anywhere unless you get lucky with a qb. We need a difference maker qb.

The problem with all of this is losing seasons do not guarantee a future good team. And this has been shown countless times.

I actually like the way the bills did it....notice how the bills cut players that dont fit scheme....cost a ton of money....and yet through trades found players that are providing the same impact as the departed players.

Notice how they traded for a 1st rounder next year....and the player they traded down for is the defensive rookie of the month?

Notice how the team is better coached as shown by the penalties are going down and the team is better prepared?

The team has amassed a large amount of picks in this next years draft....and are in EXCELLENT cap shape

But if they end up with the 4th best qb prospect in this draft instead One of the top ones, are these the right moves?

I do feel bad if it does seem like Im crushing TT because he is a decent nfl starting qb. I just dont if he makes a difference one way or another. He is a .500 type qb. Which is fine but in this league, it almost needs to be playoffs or rock bottom.

The Bills arent the worst franchise in the nfl and thats kinda the problem. 7-9 every year doesnt really get you anywhere unless you get lucky with a qb. We need a difference maker qb.

You do bring up a good point

If the bills keep winning they are gonna take themselves out of a chance for one of the top qb picks in this next draft

and

I hope they keep winning

You do bring up a good point

If the bills keep winning they are gonna take themselves out of a chance for one of the top qb picks in this next draft

and

I hope they keep winning

They have enough picks to trade up for one, I think. Win this season and do that in 2018 is a win, win situation.

They have enough picks to trade up for one, I think. Win this season and do that in 2018 is a win, win situation.

I think the top 2 guys are Darnold and Rosen, then theres a big drop off. Obviously, its my opinion. They wont have enough to trade up to the top 2 spots because those teams wont trade if they need a qb.

But obviously, I would rather see us in the playoffs and be very satisfied. Ill probably be dead because my heart would explode.

But if they end up with the 4th best qb prospect in this draft instead One of the top ones, are these the right moves?

In a draft like 2018, there is no reason to believe the supposed "fourth best" QB prospect won't turn out to be the best of the bunch.

I think the top 2 guys are Darnold and Rosen, then theres a big drop off. Obviously, its my opinion. They wont have enough to trade up to the top 2 spots because those teams wont trade if they need a qb.

But obviously, I would rather see us in the playoffs and be very satisfied. Ill probably be dead because my heart would explode.

Listening to a talk show this morning and Darnold is already getting criticized for throwing too many picks this year. Rosen gets picked on for his attitude. The kid from Wyoming is having a bad year. And so on.

Once the dust settles we'll see where things are. But I think if I'm an NFL GM the to things I'd focus on were how smart a QB is, and whether he played in a pro style offense oin college. I'm actually interested in what Peterman can bring since he seems to fit those categories.

Best case if we need to trade is that Indy continues to suck, or Cleveland sees enough to not give up on Kizer after 1 year.

But you'd die with a smile on your face.

In a draft like 2018, there is no reason to believe the supposed "fourth best" QB prospect won't turn out to be the best of the bunch.

Youre obviously right and maybe Im suffering from Losman syndrome. But I watched Josh Allen, who could be the 4th qb, and hes looked brutal this year. And the rest of them have major question marks. But Im digressing.

Does this mean you'll soon change your signature?

Listening to a talk show this morning and Darnold is already getting criticized for throwing too many picks this year. Rosen gets picked on for his attitude. The kid from Wyoming is having a bad year. And so on.

Once the dust settles we'll see where things are. But I think if I'm an NFL GM the to things I'd focus on were how smart a QB is, and whether he played in a pro style offense oin college. I'm actually interested in what Peterman can bring since he seems to fit those categories.

I really think Peterman has a low ceiling but he definitely should get a shot to win a job in camp. Best man wins.

It looks to me like Tyrod is improving, and may continue to improve throughout this season. If that's the case (and the statistical evidence seems to back that up), there is a very good chance that (a) the Bills make the playoffs and (b) the Bills' top priority in the 2018 is not QB. I know that's heresy, but I think there's a pretty good chance that's what happens.

It looks to me like Tyrod is improving, and may continue to improve throughout this season. If that's the case (and the statistical evidence seems to back that up), there is a very good chance that (a) the Bills make the playoffs and (b) the Bills' top priority in the 2018 is not QB. I know that's heresy, but I think there's a pretty good chance that's what happens.

I respectfully disagree. He looks the same he always looks. Mainly ok, then bad, then good.

If he is a big reason why the Bills make the playoffs, Id welcome him back. But we need a 1st round qb. We have neglect the position too much to pass yet again.

I also worry about the 49ers. Would you want to pay Cousins $25 mil or draft a Cali kid?

It's a tough call, but what about signing Cousins and then dealing the top pick for a boatload of draft picks? Signing Cousins also becomes very attractive if you're a team who needs a QB but won't be picking near the top of the draft.

I respectfully disagree. He looks the same he always looks. Mainly ok, then bad, then good.

If he is a big reason why the Bills make the playoffs, Id welcome him back. But we need a 1st round qb. We have neglect the position too much to pass yet again.

If Tyrod plays well and leads this team to the playoffs, the Bills probably will not be taking a first round QB. I strongly suspect that McDermott is a huge Tyrod fan. TT just seems like the kind of leader he wants. Edited by mannc

that depends Are Cali kids proven to be greater QB's?

It was a reference to the top qbs being from USC and UCLA.

It's a tough call, but what about signing Cousins and then dealing the top pick for a boatload of draft picks? Signing Cousins also becomes very attractive if you're a team who needs a QB but won't be picking near the top of the draft.

If Tyrod plays well and leads this team to the playoffs, the Bills probably will not be taking a first round QB. I strongly suspect that McDermott is a huge Tyrod fan. TT just seems like the kind of leader he wants.

1 - agree about Cousins

2 - I dont think Taylor is thought of by the Bills as you do. But obviously, a playoff run where he plays well can change all that. JMO

It was a reference to the top qbs being from USC and UCLA.

1 - agree about Cousins

2 - I dont think Taylor is thought of by the Bills as you do. But obviously, a playoff run where he plays well can change all that. JMO

I can tell you that this staff thinks highly of Taylor (and it's trending up). There IS a decent chance that they believe he is the guy. When they first got here that wasn't necessarily the case.

Thats sums it up pretty well. 300 is just a number. But in a league that begs you to pass, it is very hard to consistently win when you average 187 passing yards.

Most rational people think TT is a fine game manger type qb. But you have a very thin margin of error with game managers.

Nothing like trying to win every week playing another teams backup talent. Not going to win many races showing up with a Prius while everyone else is showing up with Corvettes.

It's like the Fitz days all over again in here, it's everyone else's fault he is a fail. SMH

Nothing like trying to win every week playing another teams backup talent. Not going to win many races showing up with a Prius while everyone else is showing up with Corvettes.

It's like the Fitz days all over again in here, it's everyone else's fault he is a fail. SMH

What is the team's record again?

I can tell you that this staff thinks highly of Taylor (and it's trending up). There IS a decent chance that they believe he is the guy. When they first got here that wasn't necessarily the case.

So we should all expect the Chan days all over again with Chan being hard headed and sticking with Fitz. Get excited fans those draft picks next year won't be on a QB because the excuses are mounting of its everyone else's fault. Tyrod your franchise QB just like the Fitz days. I can see it now, next staff up.

What is the team's record again?

Come on man did you see who we played against? Even NFL network was pointing it out. Denver was the best if the bunch but we haf them at home. Fitz had a good run to with Chan that showed to be just not good enough. Different staff same results, still trying to win with a QB just not good enough. Edited by xRUSHx

So we should all expect the Chan days all over again with Chan being hard headed and sticking with Fitz. Get excited fans those draft picks next year won't be on a QB because the excuses are mounting of its everyone else's fault. Tyrod your franchise QB just like the Fitz days. I can see it now, next staff up.

Come on man did you see who we played against? Even NFL network was pointing it out. Fitz had a good run to with Chan that showed to be just not good enough. Different staff same results, still trying to win with a QB just not good enough.

What is the team's record? It's a simple question.

What is the team's record? It's a simple question.

Um I don't know...SMH

What was Fitz record in his power trip here? He had a stretch too and the exact same excuses many fans are pointing to with Tyrod, so Chan got on the Fitz wagon

Edited by xRUSHx

What is their record? You can't answer that one then here's another one: you'd rather they lose so you can come on here and gloat, right?

2-1

For one I am a die hard fan that wants more, for 2 I pay good money for season tickets why would I want them to lose, I'm just pointing out this team is going down the same failed path if they are going to build around Tyrod. It worries me they will skip picking a QB wearing the exact same blinders.

Edited by xRUSHx

2-1

For one I am a die hard fan that wants more, for 2 I pay good money for season tickets why would I want them to lose, I'm just pointing out this team is going down the same failed path if they are going to build around Tyrod. It worries me they will skip picking a QB wearing the exact same blinders

Wait, aren't you the turd who predicted Broncos over the Bills, 38-9?? Why should we listen to anything you have to say?

2-1

For one I am a die hard fan that wants more, for 2 I pay good money for season tickets why would I want them to lose, I'm just pointing out this team is going down the same failed path if they are going to build around Tyrod. It worries me they will skip picking a QB wearing the exact same blinders

And I disagreed as I felt the offense was not properly suited for him, play calling was lousy and unimaginative.

They bring him back and I am interested to see his play with a invigorated offense and what do they do? They trade their best receiver and set TT up to fail and talk about draft picks and not 2017......

I think TT is a competent QB, but not with the tools and players given and that is the big FU the "NEW REGIME" gave the fans.

I was at the Jets game and it was boring.

Wait, aren't you the turd who predicted Broncos over the Bills, 38-9?? Why should we listen to anything you have to say?

Yeah I'm the only one that said we would lose the Denver game

Edited by xRUSHx