I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for mentioning the wonderful job the Defense has been doing (or could do).

We were talking offense.

Since you brought it up.... Why do we always hear (for example) He just broke off for a 105 yard kick off return for a Touchdown!! then ???

You emphatically stated you cant score unles you have yards. That is 100% untrue. Arod had 4 tds last night on 179 yards. Football is a team sport. All scores count.

His mobility is a big part of why that TTT number is high.

It also almost cost the Bills 2 HUGE sacks last Sunday.

You like to see the glass as half empty, I guess.

The reason the OP started this thread is apparent in a post he made within saying he'd rather have a team that's 7-9 but throwing the ball more and being exciting (whatever that means) vs. 9-7. That pretty much sums it up.

Me, I think wins are exciting. And the more the better.

Tate, Marvin Jones, Golladay, Ebron > Matthews, Zay, Clay, Holmes

We have the worst pass catching group in the league.

And he spun out of one that no other QB in the NFL could have and ran for a 1st on 3rd and 6.

That was funny. The Bills WR group is bottom five at this time.

The reason the OP started this thread is apparent in a post he made within saying he'd rather have a team that's 7-9 but throwing the ball more and being exciting (whatever that means) vs. 9-7. That pretty much sums it up.

I was happy all week with that win. Some are not-they need to find something else to watch.

And he spun out of one that no other QB in the NFL could have and ran for a 1st on 3rd and 6.

no other QB could have done? seriously?

Was that the play he stumbled and fell? It was Dangerous all the same. Those are the types of plays he needs to throw the ball away in.

Wasn't the other one for no gain or loss of 1 yard?

You emphatically stated you cant score unles you have yards. That is 100% untrue. Arod had 4 tds last night on 179 yards. Football is a team sport. All scores count.

I'll be more specific when I emphatically make a comment about the offense that we were talking about.

I like to see the Bills win 11 games a season.

Nothing that TT has shown me has convinced me he'll reach 10 or 11 wins even with a TOP 5 Defense

To convince me he is great and beyond reproach, TT needs to lead the Bills to 10 or 11 wins, especially with a top 5 D.

Was that the play he stumbled and fell? It was Dangerous all the same. Those are the types of plays he needs to throw the ball away in.

I'll be more specific when I emphatically make a comment about the offense that we were talking about.

So what you're saying is that Taylor needs to act like other, non-mobile QB's and throw the ball away.....and basically ignore a big part of his skill set. You mentioned two instances, one where he spun out and picked up a first down on 3rd and six, and another where he had no gain or a one yard loss. Wouldn't the Bills have had a no gain play if he threw the ball out of bounds?

And I would agree with the previous poster, Taylor actually can do things that no other QB currently in the NFL can do. Can you name a QB that is as elusive, quick and fast as Taylor? And please don't say Russell Wilson or DeShaun Watson......they can certainly move but neither are on par with Taylor in that department.

Edited by Bills757

And one can point out why it may not. I got the meaning and responded. You just don't like having your views challenged I guess.

in an argumentative mood this AM?

Let me correct "my mistake".

One might think an extra 80 to 100 passing yards would lead to more points, then again some might not.

Was that clear enough that time?

I 100% think no other QB makes that play. He's THE most elusive in the NFL. I'm not even sure anyone would debate that.

Nothing that TT has shown me has convinced me he'll reach 10 or 11 wins even with a TOP 5 Defense

To convince me he is great and beyond reproach, TT needs to lead the Bills to 10 or 11 wins, especially with a top 5 D.

And cue the hyperbole. No one has said that I can see that they think TT is great and beyond reproach. I fully expect and support them drafting another guy early next year.

And it is not TT that gets to 10 or 11 wins. That is a team thing.

If they get to 10 or 11 wins with him under center, and reach the playoffs, all you'll do is say then that they can't get to a Super Bowl if he doesn't get there. Very predictable.

His career win % wild translate to 9-7 but there's no way that he can win 10? Scorching hot take

in an argumentative mood this AM?

Let me correct "my mistake".

One might think an extra 80 to 100 passing yards would lead to more points, then again some might not.

Was that clear enough that time?

Yes. And my response stays the same.

It is not my fault you can't make your thoughts more clear.

So what you're saying is that Taylor needs to act like other, non-mobile QB's and throw the ball away.....and basically ignore a big part of his skill set. You mentioned two instances, one where he spun out and picked up a first down on 3rd and six, and another where he had no gain or a one yard loss. Wouldn't the Bills have had a no gain play if he threw the ball out of bounds?

And I would agree with the previous poster, Taylor actually can do things that no other QB currently in the NFL can do. Can you name a QB that is as elusive, quick and fast as Taylor? And please don't say Russell Wilson or DeShaun Watson......they can certainly move but neither are on par with Taylor in that department.

Yes sir. Sometimes it is best to throw the ball away and save those 3 to 6 seconds (per ad lib scramble) of clock time.

I'm sorry, I can't argue with all of the Champions of Tyrod now.

Enjoy your beautiful morning.

I 100% think no other QB makes that play. He's THE most elusive in the NFL. I'm not even sure anyone would debate that.

Good enough. The plays worked to avoid a disaster.

I've seen some fancy footwork from other QB's around the league avoiding sacks, not as often a TT, but still it's a -- how the hell did he escape that! -- moment

what the hell is Big Time Throw %

Time to Throw needs to be improved. No O Line can hold back a defense on every passing snap for that long and maintain protection.

Haha you are easily the most transparent poster on this board. You can't throw away the stats you don't like or understand, and say the one stat he ranks 31st in needs to improve (hint: all the mobile QBs make up the bottom 10). Too funny man.

His career win % wild translate to 9-7 but there's no way that he can win 10? Scorching hot take

To convince me that TT is a true top 10 QB I need to see TT get this team to 10 wins.

The losses on Offense are not devastating. So we lost Sammy.

One guy, who was replaced by Matthews (who IMO is only a slight drop off in talent)

and we gained Zay Jones as a go to guy if they can get on the same page.

With a top 5 defense 10 or 11 is a reachable goal.

Yes sir. Sometimes it is best to throw the ball away and save those 3 to 6 seconds (per ad lib scramble) of clock time.

I'm sorry, I can't argue with all of the Champions of Tyrod now.

Enjoy your beautiful morning.

If you heard that Taylor said the sky is blue, you'd find a way to dispute it. :lol:

Careful Indy, he'll put you on ignore like he did with me. lol He doesn't like to be proven wrong.

Whatever. Would be fine by me. He makes a declarative statement that if you gain 80-100 yards more passing it has to mean you score more points. Then says it wasn't a statement of fact. And when this is pointed out we go to the predictable junk about how people think the QB is great and above reproach and just above the Champions of Taylor.

I mean, you have people here saying they'd rather lose more games as long as they throw more. And then they get bent out of shape when challenged.

Give me 10-3 games where our D stuffs everyone all day long, and I get very excited about that.

Haha you are easily the most transparent poster on this board. You can't throw away the stats you don't like or understand, and say the one stat he ranks 31st in needs to improve (hint: all the mobile QBs make up the bottom 10). Too funny man.

Yes, I am transparent. I can boast of stats and I can complain stats lie. I can also (like in this instance) ask

what the hell is Big Time Throw % ?

because I have no idea what the hell that is supposed to mean.

What are the parameters?

Is this for late in games? Late in 1st half? 3rd and 15? Under pressure?

AND YES the stat he's 31st in needs to be improved. you don't think he needs to?

If you heard that Taylor said the sky is blue, you'd find a way to dispute it. :lol:

only at sunrise or sunset

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Whatever. Would be fine by me. He makes a declarative statement that if you gain 80-100 yards more passing it has to mean you score more points. Then says it wasn't a statement of fact. And when this is pointed out we go to the predictable junk about how people think the QB is great and above reproach and just above the Champions of Taylor.

I mean, you have people here saying they'd rather lose more games as long as they throw more. And then they get bent out of shape when challenged.

Give me 10-3 games where our D stuffs everyone all day long, and I get very excited about that.

Yep. I don't care how we win, or with who, as long as we win.

I don't think he watches the NFL. He watches Bills games.

I don't know why this little group hates the guy so much. Their dishonest posting everyday is getting intolerable. They are chomping at the bit for the Atlanta game, which I hope we win, but not expecting it. They will be back in full force Sunday afternoon. They had to lay quiet after the Denver win for most of the week.

Tate, Marvin Jones, Golladay, Ebron > Matthews, Zay, Clay, Holmes

We have the worst pass catching group in the league.

Youre right about the Lions, though Clay is a better TE than Ebron. But if those WRs switch teams, who has the better numbers? I dont think theres a question our WRs would be much improved with Stafford. And that IMO is what a true good qb does. He brings up the talent around him. I think TT is more along for the ride.

And the Jets and Bears by far have the worst WRs. Its not even close.

I don't think he watches the NFL. He watches Bills games.

Oh shut up. You dont watch the nil is you honestly think TT good enough to make any real difference.

Its actully kinda of embarrassing some of the homer takes that are being displayed here. Twist stats to show that TT is better than Wilson, Big Ben, or Rodgers. Embarrassing.

I don't know why this little group hates the guy so much. Their dishonest posting everyday is getting intolerable. They are chomping at the bit for the Atlanta game, which I hope we win, but not expecting it. They will be back in full force Sunday afternoon. They had to lay quiet after the Denver win for most of the week.

You add nothing to the board with posts like this. Is this how you argue everything? If you dont think TT is good enough qb to take the Bills to the playoffs, you hate him? How stupid and dishonest.

Yes I'd rather see 7-9 and an exciting offense that can throw for 300 yards and never out of a game, vs. 9-7 knowing that once down 10-14 the game is over.

Yep call me an idiot (though neither team makes the playoffs).

Now if the Bills only made the Darby trade, then TT has an above average receiving corp.

As it stands now the Bills fans are banking on a defense that we'll see how it responds to their first real challenge.

Youre right about the Lions, though Clay is a better TE than Ebron. But if those WRs switch teams, who has the better numbers? I dont think theres a question our WRs would be much improved with Stafford. And that IMO is what a true good qb does. He brings up the talent around him. I think TT is more along for the ride.

Oh shut up. You dont watch the nil is you honestly think TT good enough to make any real difference.

Its actully kinda of embarrassing some of the homer takes that are being displayed here. Twist stats to show that TT is better than Wilson, Big Ben, or Rodgers. Embarrassing.

You add nothing to the board with posts like this. Is this how you argue everything? If you dont think TT is good enough qb to take the Bills to the playoffs, you hate him? How stupid and dishonest.

Dishonest is posting time and again that those who support TT think he is great and the long term answer. It was done again yesterday and today. None of us has ever said that. Some are hoping TT fails and the Bills lose. When challenged, they disappear for awhile or put you on ignore like Shady-although he comes back at me when it suits him. Why you and a few others hate the guy, I don't know, but it's this type of posting that adds nothing to the board except for arguments.

Yes I'd rather see 7-9 and an exciting offense that can throw for 300 yards and never out of a game, vs. 9-7 knowing that once down 10-14 the game is over.

Now if the Bills only made the Darby trade, then TT has an above average receiving corp.

As it stands now the Bills fans are banking on a defense that we'll see how it responds to their first real challenge.

9-7 has made the playoffs in the past for teams and will again. This is the most ridiculous post I have seen yet.

You're not an idiot. It's just that to me it's silly to want your team to win less just because you want to see more passing. Personally I love to watch a good defense impose it's will on an offense. And at the end of the day a W is exciting.

You must love the Saints. You just described their last 3 years in a row.

I don't know if it's possible to find out when certain people post and in what threads they post. I know you could do that back on the BBMB. It would be interesting to be ale to do that if the Bills should lose Sunday. I'm pretty sure there are several posters who tend to be very critical of the QB that have not posted much if anything this week. And if they lose I'd be very interested in how much they post in the coming week. I pretty much already know the answer.

The extremes of this argument get tiring. It does not mean those who think he isn't a playoff QB are haters. Nor does it mean that those who like some of the things he brings to the table are, as stated by one of the mouth breathers above, Champions of Taylor.

Because I've been watching the Bills since 1960, it isn't surprising to me. If the Internet had been around in 1960 there would be some claiming that certain fans are the Champion of McConnell, and screaming that it should be Lucas starting. In 57 years the only time people didn't complain about the QB was with Jimbo. And even then there are those who swear they would have won one with Reich starting.

Dishonest is posting time and again that those who support TT think he is great and the long term answer. It was done again yesterday and today. None of us has ever said that. Some are hoping TT fails and the Bills lose. When challenged, they disappear for awhile or put you on ignore like Shady-although he comes back at me when it suits him. Why you and a few others hate the guy, I don't know, but it's this type of posting that adds nothing to the board except for arguments.

9-7 has made the playoffs in the past for teams and will again. This is the most ridiculous post I have seen yet.

Again missing the context. I'd much rather be entertained and go 7-9 then 9-7 and 14-10 games........ Absolutely right that the Saints are more fun to watch then the Bills and the results are pretty much the exact same.

The difference is with Brees & the Saints a 14 point deficit does not mean the game is over. With the Bills it does.

I wish I was wrong, but name one comeback in the last 3 years (closest I remember is vs. Jacksonville in London 2015 when EJ was the QB).

What is a giant problem in our country is trying to always think there are 2 answers to every issue. I wont pump you into a group if you dont do the same.

I dont think TT is good enough to be a franchise qb. I dont think he is a good enough passer to keep defenses honest and help us get to the playoffs. I dont think he needs to average 300 yards passing but 187 is not good enough. And nothing would make me happier than him beating Atlanta and leading us to the playoffs.

I will have zero satisfaction if Im right and will gladly make Im the worlds biggest idiot post if Im wrong.

I don't know if it's possible to find out when certain people post and in what threads they post. I know you could do that back on the BBMB. It would be interesting to be ale to do that if the Bills should lose Sunday. I'm pretty sure there are several posters who tend to be very critical of the QB that have not posted much if anything this week. And if they lose I'd be very interested in how much they post in the coming week. I pretty much already know the answer.

The extremes of this argument get tiring. It does not mean those who think he isn't a playoff QB are haters. Nor does it mean that those who like some of the things he brings to the table are, as stated by one of the mouth breathers above, Champions of Taylor.

Because I've been watching the Bills since 1960, it isn't surprising to me. If the Internet had been around in 1960 there would be some claiming that certain fans are the Champion of McConnell, and screaming that it should be Lucas starting. In 57 years the only time people didn't complain about the QB was with Jimbo. And even then there are those who swear they would have won one with Reich starting.

Good post buddy. All the extremes are weakening this country. People cant discuss things without yelling.

And even though I was pretty young, I remember people complaining about Kelly.

What is a giant problem in our country is trying to always think there are 2 answers to every issue. I wont pump you into a group if you dont do the same.

I dont think TT is good enough to be a franchise qb. I dont think he is a good enough passer to keep defenses honest and help us get to the playoffs. I dont think he needs to average 300 yards passing but 187 is not good enough. And nothing would make me happier than him beating Atlanta and leading us to the playoffs.

I will have zero satisfaction if Im right and will gladly make Im the worlds biggest idiot post if Im wrong.

Good post buddy. All the extremes are weakening this country. People cant discuss things without yelling.

Thanks. Too many black and white people in a world of greys.

Fair enough. I have never thought of you as a Crusher or Xrush etc type with this. The extreme ones.Those are the ones I'm talking about.