I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

And ready for a ticker tape parade for the Offense?

Please can we see a 300 yard passing game and a win, which every NFL team but the Bills seem capable of?

Dak threw for under 200 yards while Palmer threw for over 300 yards in the same game. Dak won, Palmer lost. What do you think matters more?

SO SIIIIIICCCCKKKKK of this 300 yard nonsense which LITERALLY MEANS NOTHING and is the most over rated and fan obsessed stat in all of sports.

News Flash: Teams with QB's who frequently throw for 300 yards commonly have either a mediocre to bad run game, a mediocre to bad defense, or frequently playing from behind...and in some cases, a combo of all of the above.

WHO THE HECK CARES about 300 yards? Since when does 300 yard games mean you are a playoff team? Ask Drew Bree's, Matt Ryan, Stafford, Rivers, and Luck what those 300 yard games mean to their playoff chances considering they have combined for just THREE playoff appearances in the last 3 years out of a possible 15 chances.

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have a very good defense and a dam good running back and a lack of weapons in the receiving core your passing attack is going to be much more conservative in order to avoid turnovers which maximizes your chance of winning. That's not an knock on Tyrod, Tyrod doesn't need to throw the ball a lot and he has to keep turnovers low. It also doesn't help that he doesn't have dynamic weapons in the passing game.

This team can win with Tyrod not putting up big numbers, in fact its most advantageous for the gameplan for him to play conservative.

Football knowledge? In a TBD post? Where am I?

Dak threw for under 200 yards while Palmer threw for over 300 yards in the same game. Dak won, Palmer lost. What do you think matters more?

SO SIIIIIICCCCKKKKK of this 300 yard nonsense which LITERALLY MEANS NOTHING and is the most over rated and fan obsessed stat in all of sports.

News Flash: Teams with QB's who frequently throw for 300 yards commonly have either a mediocre to bad run game, a mediocre to bad defense, or frequently playing from behind...and in some cases, a combo of all of the above.

WHO THE HECK CARES about 300 yards? Since when does 300 yard games mean you are a playoff team? Ask Drew Bree's, Matt Ryan, Stafford, Rivers, and Luck what those 300 yard games mean to their playoff chances considering they have combined for just THREE playoff appearances in the last 3 years out of a possible 15 chances.

Did you see the Dallas game? Plenty of factors involved.

How about I point out that Brees has a superbowl ring, Ryan lost in OT, Luck has made the playoffs consistently and among active QB's Eli, Big Ben, Rogers, Wilson, Flacco & some middling player named Tom Brady have all won......

I guess their ability to throw for 300 yards got in the way of SB victories......

How about I point out that Brees has a superbowl ring, Ryan lost in OT, Luck has made the playoffs consistently and among active QB's Eli, Big Ben, Rogers, Wilson, Flacco & some middling player named Tom Brady have all won......

I guess their ability to throw for 300 yards got in the way of SB victories......

Plenty of factors involved? You mean like how Buffalo had a late lead and STOPPED throwing so they can run the clock out and protect the lead? Like those factors? Same as week 1 against the Jets...those factors?

GEEZUS, you don't even apply your rules and exceptions to the team you are supposed to be a fan of. I love how there are "factors" for other QB's to not throw for 300 yards, and factors for why so many 300 yard QBs still lose...but in Buffalo you spin a different story.

PS: Brees has NOT had a wining record in 5 years, and got his SB when the one season the Saints had one of the top Defenses in the NFL that year.

Ryan didnt make into the playoffs until last year when it was the first year his defense wasn't atrocious.

Eli got BOTH his rings because of his defense being Elite.

Big Ben hasn't made a serious push at a SB birth since the Steeler D fell off and got his rings while they had a tremendous D and run game.

Wilson got his ring with the number 1 D in the NFL as a run first team, and Seahawks havent been as good since the D started slipping along with the run game. In fact they lose more than they win when he throws for over 300 yards, you know like THIS PAST SUNDAY where Wilson AGAIN lost throwing for over 300 yards.

Flacco won with a great D as well and Ravens havent done anything since the D fell off.

Luck has been ATROCIOUS in the Post Season and hasn't been there in 3 years.

Weird, the ONLY common theme above in every example is that every single 300 yard passer needed a very good Defense to reach the playoffs, and needed it every time to win the SB.

You also left off Manning, you was ONE AND DONE in INDY an NFL RECORD 9 TIMES with a bad D and the one year he actually had a good D, they won the SB. He then went on to win 2nd SB as the worst statical passer in the NFL that year and the worst QB performance in SB history for a winning team, which also was NOT 300 yards passing.

HMMMMMMMMMM, seems to me that unless you are Tom Brady, there is something above substantially MORE important than 300 yard games and that 300 yard games aren't wining anyone SB's on their own.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Citing Eli (252), Flacco (270), and Wilson (264) discredits your posting. That is there per game average last year. Even better Eli had 4 games over 300 last year, Flacco had 4 and Russel had 3. So each threw for less than 300 yards in 75% of their games. Again 300 is some random cherry picked mean nothing number and a full 75% of the time guys you are touting aren't reaching it. Further TT outplayed ALL of those guys last year and so far this year. Did you see Flacco this week? How about Eli or Russel the first 2 weeks?

Watch the rest of the league....

Edit: Did more digging Luck 5 games over 300, Big Ben 4, Rodgers 6, Stafford 4, Matt Ryan 5. Blake Bortles had 5 as well clearly he is a superior qb to TT, Big Ben, Stafford and others...

Edited by section122

Plenty of factors involved? You mean like how Buffalo had a late lead and STOPPED throwing so they can run the clock out and protect the lead? Like those factors? Same as week 1 against the Jets...those factors?

didn't you argue with me ULTRA Conservative play calling was the best?

I noted 2 critical games that eliminated the Bills from the WC and those were 21015 KC and 2016 OAK where the Bills STOPPED throwing so they can run the clock out and protect the lead and losing both games.

if it was someone else than made the ultra conservative post then apologies for the mix up.

didn't you argue with me ULTRA Conservative play calling was the best?

I noted 2 critical games that eliminated the Bills from the WC and those were 21015 KC and 2016 OAK where the Bills STOPPED throwing so they can run the clock out and protect the lead and losing both games.

if it was someone else than made the ultra conservative post then apologies for the mix up.

Um you don't go ultra conservative in the 3rd quarter and let teams come back, but you ALWAYS find ways to chew clock when protecting a lead and in the 4th quarter when you have a 2 score lead, you definitely take less chances unless you are playing the Pats or some high powered offense that can score quickly and the 2 score lead isn't that safe.

DO YOU NOT GET IT?????

Every QB I cited can throw for 300 yards anytime and they do.

I also think TT is capable of it, but he's never don it in REGULATION.

Sorry that I would like to see a 300 yard passing game, but this management of the OC's have him handcuffed (this year and prior).

Wow btw he's 26th in passing yards, with 2 games at home and all three in ideal conditions......

Really amazed anyone would question Wilson, Big Ben, Eli, Luck & Ryan.......

Throw in Brady and complain about his offensive #'s and that they mean nothing.

When the Bills needed 10 points from the offense vs. Carolina, they put up 3.........

DO YOU NOT GET IT?????

Every QB I cited can throw for 300 yards anytime and they do.

I also think TT is capable of it, but he's never don it in REGULATION.

Sorry that I would like to see a 300 yard passing game, but this management of the OC's have him handcuffed (this year and prior).

Wow btw he's 26th in passing yards, with 2 games at home and all three in ideal conditions......

Really amazed anyone would question Wilson, Big Ben, Eli, Luck & Ryan.......

Throw in Brady and complain about his offensive #'s and that they mean nothing.

When the Bills needed 10 points from the offense vs. Carolina, they put up 3.........

Well they had ten in their hands and dropped the ball.

I haven't looked into 2015 yet, but since the start of the 2016 season Denver's defense has allowed exactly 1 QB to throw for 300+ yards, and it was Brees in a losing effort. In fact, of the last 19 QB's they've faced, only 7 broke 200 yards passing.

2017:

Week 1 - Rivers: 22/33 192; 5.8 YPA; 99.6 Rating

Week 2 - Dak: 30/50 238; 4.8 YPA; 68.6 Rating

Week 3 - Tyrod: 20/26 213; 8.2 YPA; 126.0 Rating

2016:
Week 1 - Newton: 18/33 194; 5.9 YPA; 69.5

Week 2 - Luck: 21/40 97; 4.9 YPA; 64.3

Week 3 - Dalton: 21/31 206; 6.6 YPA; 72.8

Week 4 - Winston: 17/35 179; 5.1 YPA; 40.1

Week 5 - Ryan: 15/28 267; 9.5 YPA; 98.4

Week 6 - Rivers: 18/29 178; 6.1 YPA; 90.9

Week 7 - Osweiler: 22/41 131; 3.2 YPA; 60.1

Week 8 - Rivers: 20/47 267; 5.7 YPA; 48.8

Week 9 - Carr: 20/31 184; 5.9 YPA; 80.6

Week 10 - Brees: 21/29 303; 10.4 YPA; 111.7

Week 12 - Smith: 26/44 220; 5.0 YPA; 79.7

Week 13 - Bortles: 19/42 181; 4.3 YPA; 37.9

Week 14 - Mariota: 6/20 88; 4.4 YPA; 45.4

Week 15 - Brady: 16/32 188; 5.9 YPA; 68.2

Week 16 - Smith: 25/36 244; 6.8 YPA; 78.4

Week 17 - Cook: 14/21 150; 7.1 YPA; 83.4

You don't win gaining yards. You win scoring points. Running TDs , throwing TDs, pick 6's,field goals, safeties, rouges, they all count. Yards gained mean bupkis.

Fantasy points, man. Fantasy points. No one gives a **** about final scores or who wins on the field if their fantasy teams lose!

I don't care about passing yardage. I care about W's and not being careless with the ball. All i know is I'm glad we have TT. the alternative might be one of these guys...

Hoyer

Glennon

Kizer

McCown

Bortles

Keenum

Brissett

Cutler

Tolzien

Savage

Mallett

Not to mention even these household names aren't lighting it up.... Dalton, Newton, Flacco and Palmer

I'm with the OP. Look at Russell Wilson last week. Over 370 yards and four TDs.

Why can't Taylor do that?

Look at Carr last week. Less than 120 yards and two interceptions.

Not hard to play this week to week game.

Taylor is good. I'd even say really good. Guess many are just too used to dog turb QB play here to recognize anything different.