I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

Well QBR said he was the last 2 years and again so far this year. The more advanced the metrics the more they favor him. He's unconventional. At this point, as an example, he's a way better player than Flacco. People remember Flacco's 2012 playoff run but when you put them side-by-side Tyrod has been better.

And with all these high ratings, no one argues he's a top 10 QB. Why?

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we still a run first offense?

1. I said COMING INTO THIS YEAR, since what is being discussed is Taylors full resume of 300 yard games.

2. Nope, and Tyrod has carried this team mostly and we SHOULD be 3-0 right now had ZJ not run a rookie crap route and cost us the game against Carolina.

3. And in both wins we had 4th quarter leads that grew to 2 score leads and we played tough D and clock management and didn't need to pass much or take many chances in the air for the rest of the game.

But keep removing all context and logic from what has gone on down on the field.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1. I said COMING INTO THIS YEAR, since what is being discussed is Taylors full resume of 300 yard games.

2. Nope, and Tyrod has carried this team mostly and we SHOULD be 3-0 right now had ZJ not run a rookie crap route and cost us the game against Carolina.

3. And in both wins we had 4th quarter leads that grew to 2 score leads and we played tough D and clock management and didn't need to pass much or take many chances in the air for the rest of the game.

But keep removing all context and logic from what has gone on down on the field.

1. I thought you said "Tyrod plays on a RUN FIRST...RUN FIRST...one more time for those to slow to understand this...RUN FIRST offense his entire tenure in Buffalo. "

Edited by jmc12290

1. I thought you said "Tyrod plays on a RUN FIRST...RUN FIRST...one more time for those to slow to understand this...RUN FIRST offense his entire tenure in Buffalo. "

Yes he has? Is that debateable? LMAO what false statement are you trying to create?

Coming into this year, we have been a RUN FIRST offense. This year we were STILL A RUN FIRST offense, however, the run game has been mostly struggling under the scheme, even though its still been a RUN FIRST OFFENSE.

I don't even know why I bother discussing things with you, all you do is try to create false narratives

its not about the yards it s the YPA, that is what you should be focusing on.

If a passer is getting 8+ypa that is pretty good and will take that all year. When you throw ball around 25 times per game you are not going to throw for over 300 yards.

BTW go look at the over all QBR and find more reason to gripe!

Sorry you have Taylor on your FFL and want the big fantasy numbers.

Yes he has? Is that debateable? LMAO what false statement are you trying to create?

Coming into this year, we have been a RUN FIRST offense. This year we were STILL A RUN FIRST offense, however, the run game has been mostly struggling under the scheme, even though its still been a RUN FIRST OFFENSE.

I don't even know why I bother discussing things with you, all you do is try to create false narratives

I just asked a question. Are we a run first offense this year? You said no, now you say yes.

This year we have attempted 79 passes (T-29th in the NFL) (88 including sacks). We have attempted 98 runs (T-3rd in the NFL).

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Tyrod will always be hard to quantify because there aren't any comps in the league (or maybe ever). He is unconventional. He makes a lot of plays and never turns the ball over but they move the ball non-traditionally. He will be polarizing forever. I use Alex Smith as the closest comp but he lacks the playmaking ability. At the same time he can move, rarely makes mistakes and is probably a little better than he gets credit for.

He is like the movement in baseball from batting average to OPS. Batting average is passing yards. It tells such a small part of the story. OPS is a more inclusive broader stat. Stats are always evolving.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

This year we have attempted 79 passes (T-29th in the NFL) (88 including sacks). We have attempted 98 runs (T-3rd in the NFL).

A run "third" offense, if you will.

This is a little misguided because TT's attempts runs on passing plays called. I believe we're still easily in the top 10 or so in rushing attempts.

This is a little misguided because TT's attempts runs on passing plays called. I believe we're still easily in the top 10 or so in rushing attempts.

If the postgame press conference is any indication running is a part of his progressions. Clay was his 3rd read and run was his 2nd read.

Except I never once said we are not still a run first team. Its like you are 8 years old or something.

Are we still a run first offense?

Gee, I wonder how this got so confusing. :doh:

Edited by jmc12290

You'd have to distinguish which are which, and then there's RPO's which could really go either way. BTW, both teams ahead of us in attempts are at 99, so only one more run each.