I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

When are we going to talk about Tyrod never turning it over as an asset? We just rush that off but the reason his rating is so high is that he NEVER makes mistakes. He has one turnover this year and the ball was tipped. It may have been the first drive of the year. But passing yards.....

I think its brought up basically every topic so...

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we WAY underrate it. That's a QB rating over 100 in 5 of the last 7 and about 108 I think. He always gives his team a chance regardless of his garbage "weapons."

We've had this discussion ten thousand times. I believed that TT sacrificed plays on the field to play it safe with turnovers.

I think its brought up basically every topic so...

we WAY underrate it. That's a QB rating over 100 in 5 of the last 7 and about 108 I think. He always gives his team a chance regardless of his garbage "weapons."

while it may get brought up, Kirby is 100% right. I personally find myself quite frustrated with taylor becuz of his inconsistencies throwing the football but one thing is for sure. the anti-tyrod establishment hold absolutely no value in the fact that he just simply DOES NOT turn the ball over. now that the bills finally have a defense its very apparent how big of an asset that can be. VERY UNDERVALUED. totally agree, mr. Jackson.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Passing yards are overrated. Teams are loading up to stop Shady because they think Taylor can't beat them. So far, he's been proving them wrong. I did not expect this, especially with such a weak WR corps and OL. He's doing this largely on his own. Also, his awareness has improved. I think the game has finally slowed down for him. It will be interesting to see what happens on draft day at the QB position. We'll have to see how the last 12 games play out for Tyrod.

Edited by GreggTX

We've had this discussion ten thousand times. I believed that TT sacrificed plays on the field to play it safe with turnovers.

You didn't watch today clearly. Those guys are AWFUL. It was a running joke.

Wait. -Define "garbage" in this instance?

No better than bottom 3 in the league. It's McCoy and nobody.

I wasn't talking about today. I was talking about the other ten thousand times we've had this convo.

The WR had 1 catch at halftime (I think). I know that hurts your narrative but you're just wrong. It isn't up for debate. Boyst and I sat there and watched it unfold. Those guys are terrible. Edited by Kirby Jackson

a lumbering slot wr on one side and the rookie with a case of the drops on the other..... is there any doubt its a bottom 5 wr unit?

The OP used the term "weapons". -Not Wide receivers, or "wr's" as you put it...

Charles Clay accounted for 112 of of TT's 182 passing yards in today's win, and Matthews hauled in two of two for a TD...

Where's the proof that TT can do anything with a corp of all-world Wide receivers anyway?

The weapons TT has are clearly what he needs to succeed... His legs... -A reliable TE... A WR good at getting separation... A stud RB... and a DAMN-good kicker...

Oh, -and lets not forget a defense punching well above its weight.

Where's the proof that TT can do anything with a corp of all-world Wide receivers anyway?

All too easy :

• Taylor, in the 15 games that Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods played : 64% completion, 3,362 yards, +8 ypa, 26 touchdowns, 6 interceptions
  • Taylor, in the 14 games missing one of those players : 61.2% completion rate, 2,697 yards, +7 ypa, 11 touchdowns, 6 interceptions.

So apparently Taylor plays better with a legit Number One & Two receiver, just like every other damn quarterback in the NFL. So as good as he's been playing, he'd be much better still with better targets. Whoda thunk it?

Also : Countless people have already made the injuries to Falcon receivers a determining factor in their loss. Apparently even a franchise quarterback needs quality receivers.

All too easy :

• Taylor, in the 15 games that Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods played : 64% completion, 3,362 yards, +8 ypa, 26 touchdowns, 6 interceptions
  • Taylor, in the 14 games missing one of those players : 61.2% completion rate, 2,697 yards, +7 ypa, 11 touchdowns, 6 interceptions.

So apparently Taylor plays better with a legit Number One & Two receiver, just like every other damn quarterback in the NFL. So as good as he's been playing, he'd be much better still with better targets. Whoda thunk it?

Also : Countless people have already made the injuries to Falcon receivers a determining factor in their loss. Apparently even a franchise quarterback needs quality receivers.

Again that's the point. They jettisoned their best WR for no reason (and feeble attempt to tank) and now are 3-1 with an offense that through 4 weeks have under 300 yards offense.

Boy would I be more excited if we had the offensive weapons that were easily available.

I'm going to say this slow, dude.

I. Wasn't. Talking. About. Today.

Oh, that makes sense. You are electing to focus on old games because the most recent games don't tell a more accurate story? 5 of the last 7 games his QB rating has been over 100 and his weapons are terrible. We can continue to have this conversation every week but every week you're just one more week removed from the truth.

He left one play out there yesterday that I remember (had Zay AND Clay) wide open and missed. He had 1 miss last week. Everyone has those!! Ryan had more misses than TT. He "left more plays out there." You are going to have to start warming up to the idea that Tyrod will be here or find a new team. I'm hearing he will be back regardless of what they do in the draft.

I'm hearing he will be back regardless of what they do in the draft.

As he absolutely should be. Whether he is back in the final year of his deal or on an extended deal will be determined by his play from here on in. Based on the last 2 weeks there is an argument for extending him even if you are going to draft one.

I have to ask. 100 of 156.

What's the math say (I suck at math)

There were 5 QBs rated over 100 last season (Ryan, Brady, Prescott, Rodgers, Brees).

As he absolutely should be. Whether he is back in the final year of his deal or on an extended deal will be determined by his play from here on in. Based on the last 2 weeks there is an argument for extending him even if you are going to draft one.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting. At some point he's not going to play for $10M. They are going to have to figure out how to handle that (not that we have any cap issues).

There were 5 QBs rated over 100 last season (Ryan, Brady, Prescott, Rodgers, Brees).

Yeah, it's going to be interesting. At some point he's not going to play for $10M. They are going to have to figure out how to handle that (not that we have any cap issues).

The one thing we know about Tyrod is he is willing to be creative in contract negotiations and accept a reasonable amount of the risk to "bet on himself". I think if come the season end he is deserving of an extension they will find a way to make it happen.

The one thing we know about Tyrod is he is willing to be creative in contract negotiations and accept a reasonable amount of the risk to "bet on himself". I think if come the season end he is deserving of an extension they will find a way to make it happen.

He's certainly willing to be fair. My guess is that he gets a deal similar to the one that he originally signed. He will get $15M - $20M a year for 2 years (or something like that).

I'm hearing he will be back regardless of what they do in the draft.

Good to hear. I don't think this regime came in expecting Tyrod to be a long-term option and I was worried they'd look elsewhere no matter what happened. I would love to use all those draft picks on more than a blockbuster trade up.

Oh, that makes sense. You are electing to focus on old games because the most recent games don't tell a more accurate story? 5 of the last 7 games his QB rating has been over 100 and his weapons are terrible. We can continue to have this conversation every week but every week you're just one more week removed from the truth.

He left one play out there yesterday that I remember (had Zay AND Clay) wide open and missed. He had 1 miss last week. Everyone has those!! Ryan had more misses than TT. He "left more plays out there." You are going to have to start warming up to the idea that Tyrod will be here or find a new team. I'm hearing he will be back regardless of what they do in the draft.

Ha ha, I said he did much less of that yesterday.

Some folks read what they want to read.

I started the thread and my issue is not with Tyrod...... Have said this over and over. It is with a terrible offensive scheme, unimaginative play calling, trading away his stud #1 receiver and getting excited about under 300 yards weekly in offense.

It's like owning a Hyandai Accent..... Reliable car, but as soon as you need it to do something it won't.

I started the thread and my issue is not with Tyrod...... Have said this over and over. It is with a terrible offensive scheme, unimaginative play calling, trading away his stud #1 receiver and getting excited about under 300 yards weekly in offense.

It's like owning a Hyandai Accent..... Reliable car, but as soon as you need it to do something it won't.

It's a good scheme. They need a solid deep threat.better backup RB.

It's a good scheme. They need a solid deep threat.better backup RB.

And they waived the white flag week two of pre-season trading Watkins and confirming they have no interest in having a competitive offense. 3-1 and that's great. Also everything has gone their way (save one pass to Jones).........

Ryan who? Mat Ryan had over 100 with 3 turnovers? I believe that was 61.8. :oops: rushed this before going to a meeting.

Sorry got distracted

Andy Dalton 140 286 yds 4 TD 0 INT W

Cam Newton, 130.8 316 yds 3 TD 1 INT W
Aaron Rodgers 128 179 yds 4 TD 0 INT W
Deshawn Watson 125 283 yds 4 TD 1 INT W
Jameis Winston 113 332 yds 3 TD 0 INT W
Russel Wilson 107.5 295 yds 2 TD 2 INT W
Edited by ShadyBillsFan

It's more about how I am perceived and how I cannot have legitimate discussion here more than that guy. Why bother if anything I post is automatically dismissed and I'm insulted or attacked for my opinions on football and the Bills? I don't go that route, so I don't expect anyone else to either...yet, it persists. You don't have to agree or even like what I post. but respect it and respect that I can back up my opinion with logic...right or wrong.

I was merely speaking on why that is, and who made it their priority to demonize me from the moment I came here. I tried extremely hard here to tone it down and be much more respectful to others on this board...anyone could go back and see exactly what took place, and that's not on me.

I appreciate the friendly advice and the offer to talk against TT, but I'm tired of that subject and all of it in general. Heck, I think TT has actually made me reconsider my view of him with his recent performance. I truly hope I was wrong and he balls out. He's a great guy, and fun to watch when he gets out of the pocket (not so much in it).

You guys have at it. I'll check in from time to time, but it's time for a break from being a regular here and a die hard football fan in general. I just don't have the same appetite for any of it.

Its a really, REALLY good football Monday!

Ryan who? Mat Ryan had over 100 with 3 turnovers? I believe that was 61.8.

Sorry got distracted

Andy Dalton 140 286 yds 4 TD 0 INT W

Cam Newton, 130.8 316 yds 3 TD 1 INT W
Aaron Rodgers 128 179 yds 4 TD 0 INT W
Deshawn Watson 125 283 yds 4 TD 1 INT W
Jameis Winston 113 332 yds 3 TD 0 INT W
Russel Wilson 107.5 295 yds 2 TD 2 INT W

Last Season, not last week.

I have to ask. 100 of 156.

What's the math say (I suck at math)

Actually the only thing you suck at is football discussion based on this comment. This is literally the single dumbest comment I have seen on this board in years. Think about that for a second. Trying to down play the significance of a 100 passer rating now? LMAO, you people will do ANYTHING to further your biased hate for TT.

Just to illustrate how stupid it is, I bet you didn't know that in the ENTIRE NFL HISTORY there have only been 85 times a QB finished with a QB rating of 100 or above in any given season. Did you also know that a QB rating of just 103.5 for a season would be in the top 50 of any QB in any season in NFL history?

Edited by Alphadawg7

Actually the only thing you suck at is football discussion based on this comment. This is literally the single dumbest comment I have seen on this board in years. Think about that for a second. Trying to down play the significance of a 100 passer rating now? LMAO, you people will do ANYTHING to further your biased hate for TT.

Just to illustrate how stupid it is, I bet you didn't know that in the ENTIRE NFL HISTORY there have only been 85 times a QB finished with a QB rating of 100 or above in any given season. Did you also know that a QB rating of just 103.5 for a season would be in the top 50 of any QB in any season in NFL history?

Obviously you missed the point.

Please ignore me in the future and we'll both be happy.

Obviously you missed the point.

Please ignore me in the future and we'll both be happy.

Missed what point? You mean the one where you just downplayed something as significant as a passer rating over 100 and used a smart a** comment to do so all to continue railing on a guy who has been carrying the offense mostly during a 3-1 start that should have been 4-0?

Missed what point?

STATS ARE USELESS.

Thank you for your participation.

Missed what point? You mean the one where you just downplayed something as significant as a passer rating over 100 and used a smart a** comment to do so all to continue railing on a guy who has been carrying the offense mostly during a 3-1 start that should have been 4-0?

You just don't get it.

Having the fewest passing yards in the NFL is NOT a great achievement. It may hide faults when he is called upon to be a passing QB.

when he passes for 35 or more times TT is roughly 2-7. If anything I'm off by 1 game at most.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

STATS ARE USELESS.

Thank you for your participation.

You just don't get it.

Having the fewest passing yards in the NFL is NOT a great achievement. It may hide faults when he is called upon to be a passing QB.

when he passes for 35 or more times TT is roughly 2-7. If anything I'm off by 1 game at most.

while the people that rely on them too much sometimes look foolish. is just as ignorant, just on the other side of the spectrum.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

while the people that rely on them too much sometimes look foolish. is just as ignorant, just on the other side of the spectrum.

beyond the sarcasm In my last post

when he passes for 35 or more times TT is roughly 2-7.

There will be games where he needs to pass more than 35 time and get a win. He's capable enough, he's just not great at it.

There will be games where he needs to pass more than 35 time and get a win. He's capable enough, he's just not great at it.

living in steeler country I distinctly remember the talk,until about year 5 or 6, of how bad big bens record was when he had to throw the ball more than 30 times a game. it was staggeringly bad. they won a superbowl with him during that span. now big ben finally developed into an amazing qb that could basically win anyway he pleased at one point and I doubt taylor does that. but we still may see some development from him. obviously not to that degree.

my main point here is..... while it would be nice to have a gun slinger that can put a team on his back, it doesn't mean a certain qb isn't a solid option just becuz he doesn't make a living doing that.

Winning games must make you so sad, we're all aware the offense could be better but i'm going to let you in on a secret:

If you score more than the opposing team you win, if you win more games than you lose you likely make the playoffs.

The Saints would delight you with all their offense and they haven't been to the playoffs since 2013 because even though they score alot their opponents score more.

Please just be happy we are winning, even if we're not winning "correctly" for you.