I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

No, because it was proven true. Opinions supported by facts are all that we ask for. Rex took the #2 DVOA defense and brought them to 24 & 27. He leaves and they are right near the top. That supports that he was awful.

And Tyrod Taylor's league leading time to throw for the last two seasons doesn't support his hesistancy to throw the football?

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you look since the Bills last playoff appearance many years started well and (2-2 or better) and slowly reality sunk in....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2000.htm

Go ahead Bills, prove me wrong....... Just seen this story played out over and over......

We never had two wins in a row like this.Atlanta and Denver are quality competition. Winning in Atlanta is a tremendous victory for any team. Plus the Coaching and QB are better than those past teams. The offense still doesn't turn the ball over, with this defense. That is huge.

No, because it was proven true. Opinions supported by facts are all that we ask for. Rex took the #2 DVOA defense and brought them to 24 & 27. He leaves and they are right near the top. That supports that he was awful.

And this year the Offense is even worse. Add to that near the bottom in Time of Possession. Thankful for turnovers and that 7:30 fourth quarter drive vs. Denver (and the Von Miller penalty).

Actually incredible as they are a run first team, which should chew up the clock......

And this year the Offense is even worse. Add to that near the bottom in Time of Possession. Thankful for turnovers and that 7:30 fourth quarter drive vs. Denver (and the Von Miller penalty).

Actually incredible as they are a run first team, which should chew up the clock......

And that long drive this week in the 3rd/4th... think it was 11 minutes of game time.

And Tyrod Taylor's league leading time to throw for the last two seasons doesn't support his hesistancy to throw the football?

The Bills are now 18-15 when he plays. Imagine the last two seasons with a better defense. But keep on with the agenda. Bills could win their first playoff game with him, but pass for 200 yards and you still wouldn't be happy. How many QBs could get more from the offense we have at WR.

The Bills are now 18-15 when he plays. Imagine the last two seasons with a better defense. But keep on with the agenda. Bills could win their first playoff game with him, but pass for 200 yards and you still wouldn't be happy. How many QBs could get more from the offense we have at WR.

Are you intentionally being irrelevant?

And that long drive this week in the 3rd/4th... think it was 11 minutes of game time.

I forgot that and still lost TOP.......

Again very happy with the record, just not getting ahead of myself........

Tell you what if they make the playoffs and win throwing for less then 200 I'll be okay.

BTW were you defending Rob Johnson the last time the Bills made the playoffs and he put up 132 yards passing, because he left the field with the lead?

He's been top 10 in QBR since he has been a starter.

And no it doesn't support hesitancy because he's a different player. He has runs in the middle of his progressions and the Bills run a zillion RPOs. He's asked to do different things than Mike Glennon. Time to throw isn't really a big factor to include at all when thinking about Tyrod or any mobile QB.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Hes been top 10 in QBR since he haven a starter.

And no it doesn't support hesitancy because he's a different player. He has run in the middle of his progressions and the Bills run a zillion RPOs. He's asked to do different things than Mike Glennon. Time to throw isn't really a big factor to include at all when thinking about Tyrod or any mobile QB.

Are you trying to one up JM2009's irrelevant stat game or?

How else would you measure pass hesistancy besides Time to Throw?

I wasn't an NFL fan then. I have never seen the Bills make the playoffs.

Too bad, may have been one of the most assinine discussion threads ever.......

Doug Flutie pulled (many say by the owner's proclomation) for the playoff game.

The Defense played maybe the best game I've ever seen, making up for Rob Johnson's ineptitude on offense.

Rob Johnson should never have started the game and was just terrible, but many argued that he left the field leading and his 60 minutes of lousy play didn't contribute to the loss........

Much like the offense being near the bottom this year, but the Bills being 3-1......

Are you trying to one up JM2009's irrelevant stat game or?

How else would you measure pass hesistancy besides Time to Throw?

Missed receivers, there is a thread every week on here where every pass play is charted. I suggest that you utilize that. How many plays were missed is charted here. I saw 1 this week and 1 last week. There may be more but I don't break down the all 22s.

Every mobile QB is high though because they make guys miss and keep plays along. That's common sense.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I guess we cant sign Kirk Cousins either. He lost and threw for under 250 in Arrowhead. His WR dropped the game winning TD, but thats got to be on Kirk.

Im glad we have this new definition of what a good starting quarterback is.

He's destined for SF next year.

Too bad, may have been one of the most assinine discussion threads ever.......

Doug Flutie pulled (many say by the owner's proclomation) for the playoff game.

The Defense played maybe the best game I've ever seen, making up for Rob Johnson's ineptitude on offense.

Rob Johnson should never have started the game and was just terrible, but many argued that he left the field leading and his 60 minutes of lousy play didn't contribute to the loss........

Much like the offense being near the bottom this year, but the Bills being 3-1......

And if it had been Taylor leaving the field with the lead back in 2000? Personally, I'm fine with Taylor right now. Give him some real targets a la Sammy Watkins and he can put up numbers. The Bills will probably have to improve their passing attack to have a shot at the playoffs. Trying to compare the current Bills to one game with Johnson is a stretch . And regardless of your opinion on Flutie, the fact is that the game was a defensive struggle for both QBs and Johnson engineered a FG drive late. The argument isn't that his play did not contribute to the loss. It may have, but it was minimal. The argument was that he did enough to win. The Bills had the lead and only had to cover a kickoff to win. It's a poor argument in that very specific situation.

Missed receivers, there is a thread every week on here where every pass play is charted. I suggest that you utilize that. How many plays were missed is charted here. I saw 1 this week and 1 last week. There may be more but I don't break down the all 22s.

Every mobile QB is high though because they make guys miss and keep plays along. That's common sense.

Why is TT higher than all the other mobile QB's?

USATSI_10321349.jpg?itok=gUitq0GX&c=9f20

Who's in First place in the AFCE?

I am

I wasn't an NFL fan then. I have never seen the Bills make the playoffs.

you're must be a youngin 17 years? how young are you?

How sweet it was .....

to each their own...

we all expect more

It comes down to what you can be happy with.

no digs at anyone jmo,

I AM NOT ANTI TYROD.

Funny that. I say

I don't think Taylor is going to be all that much different a QB than he was the last couple years

and I'm AntiTyrod

You say

I've said all along and I'll say it again, I don't think Taylor is going to be all that much different a QB than he was the last couple years

And you are not?

That's because to me Taylor isn't a transcendent talent, but with the right offense of system, coaching and playcalling I think he can be really good. Like top 10 good.

When I wanted him gone last year after the Pittsburgh game it was largely because I thought our coaching staff wouldn't be fired at the end of the year.

Quarterbacks improve with playing time and experience, but that doesn't mean they're going to become different QBs than they were in the beginning.

Taylor has demonstrated the ability to be a competent starting QB in the NFL since he first took the field in 2015. He still might not be our starter next year, but he's going to be starting somewhere in the NFL.

So no, despite you trying to be tricky here, I've never been one of those anTy guys who shouts things like "he's no better than a back up QB" or "he's just in our being playing QB," but I'm also not the homer who thinks he's going to become the next Drew Brees have painted me to be.

Exactly the Bills and the idea of a 14 point lead is non-existent. Yep 1-2X's/yr it happens (SF, NYJ & Miami), but usually it is close to the vest and hope you are ahead in the 4th (as they don't come back either).

But yes so far so good in 2017. Doesn't make for exciting offensive football though.

You arent good at this last year we were up 14+ against the Raiders.

And if it had been Taylor leaving the field with the lead back in 2000? Personally, I'm fine with Taylor right now. Give him some real targets a la Sammy Watkins and he can put up numbers. The Bills will probably have to improve their passing attack to have a shot at the playoffs. Trying to compare the current Bills to one game with Johnson is a stretch . And regardless of your opinion on Flutie, the fact is that the game was a defensive struggle for both QBs and Johnson engineered a FG drive late. The argument isn't that his play did not contribute to the loss. It may have, but it was minimal. The argument was that he did enough to win. The Bills had the lead and only had to cover a kickoff to win. It's a poor argument in that very specific situation.

So wrong. He fumbled the ball, created no offense, was sacked 6 times and wow completed 2 passes for 23 yards that final drive.

He was absolutely the reason the Bills were not up 20 points that game. McNair had 76 yards passing and Eddie George while he ran it okay 119 yards on 29 carries (checked the box score) were stuffed.

Johnson was the reason they lost. If Flutie put up those #'s I'd have said the same about him......

and KC the year before (10 to 14 iirc)

Yep and then they stopped looking at Watkins (who burned them the first half) and tried to grind it out.

With the Raiders they just got steamrolled and forgot how to play offense. Both on the road and a terrible defense.

Thanks for taking it so literally.......

So wrong. He fumbled the ball, created no offense, was sacked 6 times and wow completed 2 passes for 23 yards that final drive.

He was absolutely the reason the Bills were not up 20 points that game. McNair had 76 yards passing and Eddie George while he ran it okay 119 yards on 29 carries (checked the box score) were stuffed.

Johnson was the reason they lost. If Flutie put up those #'s I'd have said the same about him......

It's not wrong. I'd feel the same regardless of the QB. Every game is different . Cover a kick. There were only seconds left . The game was over barring a huge gaffe/ screwup that practically never happens. Johnson made more plays than McNair did and both defense's were very good. Heck Flutie couldn't beat a horrible NYG team at home that DEC which was a big reason that the game was in TEN and not BUF Edited by Boatdrinks

Yep and then they stopped looking at Watkins (who burned them the first half) and tried to grind it out.

With the Raiders they just got steamrolled and forgot how to play offense. Both on the road and a terrible defense.

Thanks for taking it so literally.......

Both of those games IMO were the key game they needed to win to clinch a WC.

In 2015 KC locked onto the 5th seed after that game and never let go of that spot.

In 2016 - Oak... that failure in the 2nd half may have been the beginning of the end for Rex (and Rob)

It's not wrong. I'd feel the same regardless of the QB. Every game is different . Cover a kick. There were only seconds left . The game was over barring a huge gaffe/ screwup that practically never happens. Johnson made more plays than McNair did and both defense's were very good. Heck Flutie couldn't beat a horrible NYG team at home that DEC which was a big reason that the game was in TEN and not BUF

Is that you Coach Dickerson??????

Is that you Coach Dickerson??????

Nope, but I was a fan of Chuck. He was entertaining . You are letting your Flutie love and feelings of betrayal color your view on that game. Let's say DF was injured and RJ had to play. Cover a kick . It was like 20 second or less . Eddie George had a tear running down his face when the FG kick went through. The game was over. RJ didn't play very well. He directed a drive late and pulled it out pretty much. Kind of Flutie -esque actually . I'll take that game situation every time, much less in a playoff game vs a good D. The team with the lead and just having to kick off would win about 999 times out of 1000.

I believe we'll still need an upgrade at QB to win our 1st SB, but Tyrod is playing very welll. I'm leaning a little bit towards wait and see because he has taken his game up a notch and he's doing it with very little talent at WR or on the OL. We have no deep threat either and teams are just loading up to stop Shady's ground game. I care far less about yards than I do about points and even that is an imperfect measure. If you have a lead, for example, you will try to slow the game down and play conservatively rather than piling on the points (usually, if you have a good D). It looks like no QB in college has established himself as a sure bet, so Mr. Beane may decide to keep all those picks and just take best available to sit behind Tyrod while developing and let's not forget about Peterman. We still don't know where his ceiling is.

This will be fun to watch. I feel better about this team than I have in a long time. Kudos to the coaching staff on this as well. I'd like to see more TD's vs FG's, but with the D playing so well (especially in the red zone) we can still win enough games to finally get to the playoffs. Let's just hope it lasts.

Edited by GreggTX