Lorenzo Alexander: "Sean cut the fat."

Beast

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexander (on the JMS) speaking of player personel changes McDermott has made that didn't fit his vision. No names named. Take it as you will.

Dareus got cut? Or has Dareus seen the light? :flirt:

Marcell is and has been their biggest individual culture problem in the lockerroom..........I think they gnawed around the bad apple but the core is still there.

Having some difficult personalities to deal with is not an uncommon problem for coaches coming in.........that's why most figure out how to deal with these problem players and get production out of them.........and hopefully win them over rather than just try to pick followers and try to build a leadership core by overpaying a few vets to run the lockeroom(Lorax, Wood and McCoy).

What does "cut the fat" mean in this context?

You said "didn't fit his vision" but I would equate that phrase normally with "incompetent" or "redundant".

Getting rid of players that don't fit a coach's football philosophy is not really what I'd call trimming fat.

It is also pretty common. No?

Dareus got cut? Or has Dareus seen the light? :flirt:

Marcell is and has been their biggest individual culture problem in the lockerroom..........I think they gnawed around the bad apple but the core is still there.

Having some difficult personalities to deal with is not an uncommon problem for coaches coming in.........that's why most figure out how to deal with these problem players and get production out of them.........and hopefully win them over rather than just try to pick followers and try to build a leadership core by overpaying a few vets to run the lockeroom(Lorax, Wood and McCoy).

I think everyone realizes why Dareus is still here. It really isn't hard to understand.

What does "cut the fat" mean in this context?

You said "didn't fit his vision" but I would equate that phrase normally with "incompetent" or "redundant".

Getting rid of players that don't fit a coach's football philosophy is not really what I'd call trimming fat.

It is also pretty common. No?

LorAx said it. I'm just posting it.

I think everyone realizes why Dareus is still here. It really isn't hard to understand.

LorAx said it. I'm just posting it.

Fair enough, but the "didn't fit his vision" was your wording in your post, not a quote from LORAX.

That was my thinking at least, hence my request for clarification!

Whatever....we know they are trying to make the team better the best way they can.

What more than that really needs to be said?

The question is whether or not they actually achieve their goal, and in a reasonable time frame.

If they turn this organization around, big time, in 2 to 3 years and things keep getting better...who cares what individual moves they make or who gets traded/retained/drafted, etc.

A good team is a good team. Who cares what the names on it are!?

I really think this could be Dareus's last year in Buffalo. I think after March 1st next year, his cap hit if traded isn't that bad.

Most likely........but a lot can change in a matter of months wrt how players are viewed and their attitudes.

See Shady as an example........unfocused and miserable in 2015.......head on straight in 2016.

Countless examples.

Bills best hope is that he matures.........it happens.

This is why the Sammy deal was so stupid.........they may not have loved his initial attitude but he's a very young player with a world of talent who is LIKELY to grow up quite a bit over the next couple seasons.

And I think everyone knows that I'm right about Dareus........so the fat AIN'T cut......is that hard for you to understand? :doh:

Honestly, I have only been here since March and nothing you have posted has really caught my attention as being worthwhile. I'll look for you more often going forward.

Most likely........but a lot can change in a matter of months wrt how players are viewed and their attitudes.

See Shady as an example........unfocused and miserable in 2015.......head on straight in 2016.

Countless examples.

This is why the Sammy deal was so stupid.........they may not have loved his initial attitude but he's a very young player with a world of talent who is LIKELY to grow up quite a bit over the next couple seasons.

People shouldn't be so sure about a cut of Dareus. He is a great player when motivated, and this is a good system for him.

Yes, thanks for informing us that Dareus is a problem...never would've guessed...

You are welcome......and I am sorry that you've missed this wrt Dareus.....glad I could help. :beer:

The point is that credit for something as unimpressive as "cutting the fat" is not even deserved.

Countless examples.

Shady wasn't miserable and unfocused in 2015. He was hurt. He missed 4 total games and didn't finish two games he started.

He still had nearly 900 yards on the ground.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Shady wasn't miserable and unfocused in 2015. He was hurt. He missed 4 total games but and didn't finish two games he started.

He still had nearly 900 yards on the ground.

Oh his heart and head were most definitely in Philly all year.......and when Chip Kelly bent him over and showed him who was boss after hyping himself to destroy him in that matchup all year that actually helped him a lot, IMO.........he bottomed out the next week......12 carries for 24 yards and busted his knee.......and that offseason he actually got some perspective. Admitted he was leaving plays on the field all year........bought into the system.......and with a little help from Anthony Lynn he righted himself after mediocre production had become his norm for two years because of selfish play.

People shouldn't be so sure about a cut of Dareus. He is a great player when motivated, and this is a good system for him.

I agree completely.

But if he's dumped and replaced with a veteran turd Sean will immediately be given credit by a very vocal part of the fanbase for trimming more fat. :thumbsup:

Oh his heart and head were most definitely in Philly all year.......and when Chip Kelly bent him over and showed him who was boss after hyping himself to destroy him in that matchup all year that actually helped him a lot, IMO.........he bottomed out the next week......12 carries for 24 yards and busted his knee.......and that offseason he actually got some perspective. Admitted he was leaving plays on the field all year........bought into the system.......and with a little help from Anthony Lynn he righted himself after mediocre production had become his norm for two years because of selfish play.

I don't agree with any of this at all.

That's why he was brought back and why Wood was extended.

I would think so. Anyone who has been reading these articles on Beane and McD that go into their line of thinking shouldn't be surprised of the makeup of players that they are assembling.

Dareus is the outlier, he is so supremely talented and they have such a huge contract that it's difficult to trade him at this point that the leash that is provided to Dareus is much longer than most other players. My hopes are that Dareus can get his **** together so that he could be a viable consistent disrupting force.

I don't agree with any of this at all.

I wonder what McDermott would think about the McCoy that called his coach a racist for trading him.....kissed the Eagle a mid-field pre-game and then avoided the media after the game and didn't return back to Buffalo with the team after a loss that was devastating to their postseason hopes? :flirt:

I think he's changed........but if you don't......that's your opinion and you are welcome to it. :thumbsup:

I'm hopeful Dareus is going to come around. He had an opportunity to throw a fit after being sent home from Philly but reports are he spoke with McDermott and Frazier and was contrite and taking responsibility. He has the potential to be a Wall of Fame player in Buffalo, if not a Hall of Famer, and I hope he knows that too.

I wonder what McDermott would think about the McCoy that called his coach a racist for trading him.....kissed the Eagle a mid-field pre-game and then avoided the media after the game and didn't return back to Buffalo with the team after a loss that was devastating to their postseason hopes? :flirt:

I think he's changed........but if you don't......that's your opinion and you are welcome to it. :thumbsup:

Everyone's entitled to his/her opinion. Just like you are.