step off the curb. McDermot and the GM have us going good.

Howard

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was not fully recovered from his ankle injury.

He is now and showed it in preseason. But I guess that matters little when you have Doug Whaley tattoo stamped on your forehead.

Beano and McEgo are out of control. I have now cancelled all my plans to see any Bills games in person this year.

Why is there any reason to believe that McDermont and Beane have any animosity towards Whaley? You don't get many shots in the NFL and you have to put what you believe to put your best team on the field regardless of how a certain player got there.

I am certainly not a kid, and because of it have been hearing "relax, give it time" and "we are on the right track" for a score of years. Two decades.

Forgive me if I'm no longer giving out the benefit of the doubt.

I know how to work hard for what you want, and the "enjoy the rewards", but also know working hard does not guarantee success. Or anything close to it.

Show me the baby.

But the coaches who watched him every single day did not. What if he was a bad teammate, missed assignments, was not coachable and/or had leveled out as a player, would you still be OK with jwill?

If all that were true why are they just now getting rid of him? They will eventually be using one of their picks on a RB. A pick they wouldn't need to use on one if they had kept the young, cheap, capable back they had under contract for the next three seasons. What other position will get overlooked because they used that pick on a RB?

No one is saying Williams is Thurman, but he is promising. And Shady is 30 next season. And Tolbert is 32. And Jones is a special teams player without much impact on offense as he has been throughout his career. And Banyard is 29-30.

Edited by purple haze

Yeah, coming off a foot injury and not having played football in over a year, while at the same time adjusting to the professional level. This pre-season he looked faster, quicker, confident and in better condition. He looked like healthy J. Williams from Arkansas. He's young and cheap also. No reason to get rid of him.

Agree 100% , we kept Tolbert and Barnyard or Williams ?

He is now and showed it in preseason. But I guess that matters little when you have Doug Whaley tattoo stamped on your forehead.

Beano and McEgo are out of control. I have now cancelled all my plans to see any Bills games in person this year.

(quote cba fan here) the dog was crying and crying to get out so I had to get up and let him pee. I turned on our computer and see that you are cancelling support of our team. I remember this one time we drove threw the drive thru at Burgerking and I ordered a fish sandwich with none of that white sauce I just wanted ketchup and pickles. We got our meals and our senior coffees and drove home to eat. When i opened my box it was fish with that pasty white stuff. So we packed our food up and drove slowly to the Burgerking and Shirl asked to speak to the manager. She told the manager that we come to this place every wendsday and why the white stuff makes me sick. You know what the nice lady did. She returned my money and gave me a new meal with ketchup and pickles. So we drove home and had a nice dinner. We still go there and now that manger owns the store or something. Maybe you should try talking with the manager of what bothers you because it helped us.

going back to bed now. Hoping our qb Taylor is feeling better so we can squish the Jets.

I haven't see one trusted NFL source question any of the moves they've made. You could be upset at not making playoffs for 17 years, but don't blame current management. They clearly have a plan, whether it pans, time will tell.

I was perfectly fine with everything and could explain every move in my head up until the Jonathan Williams cut. Unless there's some suspension looming or other other bad behavior that we haven't heard about yet, that one makes no sense. While by no means a superstar yet, he looked like he would slide right in and make us all forget about Gilislee's contribution the last two years to the #1 running attack in the league. If he looked good enough, he could have made Shady expendable next year and be the #1.... and then they just cut him??? It just doesn't make sense in my head? Low salary, young and looking damn good?!?

People just need to come to grips with this group is going with its own players......

They have to be given that opportuntiy and stand on their win/loss record

The Bills lost the benefit of the doubt about 10 years ago John.

Sorry their moves are head scratching and don't inspire much confidence.

The GM is spouting off about signing a 36-year old WR and he promptly retires, our backup RB is a 32-year old converted FB, the team just cut its backup MLB for a fringe special teamer.

Team still struggled with penalties all preaseason and the offense couldn't score.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

People just need to come to grips with this group is going with its own players......

They have to be given that opportuntiy and stand on their win/loss record

We're just fans voicing our opinions. It's up to the Pegula's to give them that opportunity

If all that were true why are they just now getting rid of him? They will eventually be using one of their picks on a RB. A pick they wouldn't need to use on one if they had kept the young, cheap, capable back they had under contract for the next three seasons. What other position will get overlooked because they used that pick on a RB?

No one is saying Williams is Thurman, but he is promising. And Shady is 30 next season. And Tolbert is 32. And Jones is a special teams player without much impact on offense as he has been throughout his career. And Banyard is 29-30.

Not sure why you can't accept that it's possible that jwill might not be good enough to keep. Simple as that.

I was perfectly fine with everything and could explain every move in my head up until the Jonathan Williams cut. Unless there's some suspension looming or other other bad behavior that we haven't heard about yet, that one makes no sense. While by no means a superstar yet, he looked like he would slide right in and make us all forget about Gilislee's contribution the last two years to the #1 running attack in the league. If he looked good enough, he could have made Shady expendable next year and be the #1.... and then they just cut him??? It just doesn't make sense in my head? Low salary, young and looking damn good?!?

Maybe jwill just isn't that good? That sounds like a logical explanation.

Not sure why you can't accept that it's possible that jwill might not be good enough to keep. Simple as that.

No man, he's really good and all us fans saw that and the only ones who didn't were the ones who saw more film of him than anyone.

And let's not forget that this is all about politics or some shizz like that and that and they want all Whaleys guys to be gone so that they can cross off each name from the list like a current girlfriend wanting to get rid of all her boyfriends ex's pictures or something like that.

This is all about ulterior motives and nothing to do with actual evaluations, or who is a scheme for or not.

Sheesh, you don't get it man. You need to get with the hottakes program like the rest of us

Edited by Magox

No man, he's really good and all us fans saw that and the only ones who didn't were the ones who saw more film of him than anyone.

And let's not forget that this is all about politics or some shizz like that and that and they want all Whaleys guys to be gone so that they can cross off each name from the list like a current girlfriend wanting to get rid of all her boyfriends ex's pictures or something like that.

This is all about ulterior motives and nothing to do with actual evaluations, or whose a scheme for or not.

Sheesh, you don't get it man. You need to get with the hottakes program like the rest of us

Ulterior motives=conspiracy theories

Williams was clearly a better runner than Tolbert and barnyard. Anyone with eyes who watched the games could see this. By all reports, Williams had an excellent training camp. john Murphy, picked Williams as his training camp standout. He was constantly the first rb in to relieve MCCoy and play with the one and twos. If Banyard was that good, why the heck did he not play more with the ones and twos. The move is baffling but does explain why Williams continued to play in the second half of the 4th preseason game.

If this was the only questionable move, I may agree with the just relax mentality. keeping Ducasse and possibly starting him over Miller is disturbing. Having kept Holmes and Brown (now cut) over Reilly seemed odd for what they preach (hard work, earn it, make plays when given opportunity). We don't seem to be getting much value back in the trades being made, except for the Darby deal. I was all in with this group but it is completely fair to question what their plan is at this point.

They preached trying to win this year, signed a bunch of veteran players but then started trading and giving away many of our younger more talented players. So which is it, do you want to try and win this year or do you want to tank? They still have shady and tyrod. They brought back Williams and alexander. Dareus is still around. This team does not have the depth or talent to compete for the playoffs anymore, so why middle it? Just be honest like the jets and go all the way.

I didn't know flowers liked fish food. They feed and water the Bills too. Who puts the manure on the Bills though?

Some of the folks here have volunteered for that duty.

This is a lame way to defend your flame war against the team's decisions. You are the one who kept bringing up Ducasse as if he's the only player that matters. Has he played a single down as a Bill? No. Do you know if VD will start? No. Do you know if he will be bad? No. Do you know more than the management? Certainly not.

This is just too easy and surprised none of you jokers have picked up on it yet.

Young fans and 20 year old kids need to step off the curb and relax about this team. There is no such thing as instant satisfaction. You grow up over time and when you hit 80 years or so you end up knowing more than kids who want there things now or they get upset. I have seen what it means to work hard and enjoy rewards and thats what our coach and the manager are doing.

There is a webpage i want to link here but it doesnt work and I wanted these younger guys to read it. Basic story is that you need to step off the curb and relax because this team will be fine in three or four years and then we'll have some good fun.

I have to run to walgreens quick for some powder. I will finish my thoughts on this in a few minutes but just remember good things come to people who wait for them.

Sorry buddy if you think getting rid of the young players replacing with older ones who are not as good is a good idea. I have Dick Jauron and Marv levy to send you as head coach and GM again,,,,,,If Whaley would have done any of this nonsensical crap we would be screaming at the top of our lungs . I guess we can be more patient when the incompetent look more like us...

Edited by liverpoolkev

Sorry buddy if you think getting rid of the young players replacing with older ones who are not as good is a good idea. I have Dick Jauron and Marv levy to send you as head coach and GM again,,,,,,If Whaley would have done any of this nonsensical crap we would be screaming at the top of our lungs . I guess we can be more patient when the incompetent look more like us...

Now if we can only use our top 10 1st Round pick on a Safety, when there are clearly better options on the board, the reincarnation will be complete.

Time spent "Waiting for Whaley" ..... 64 games

Time spent waiting for Bean to have results..... 0 games.

The person being unreasonable here, is You. Not everybody else. Not everyone who disagrees with you, but You.

Why in your world does Whaley get 4 years and he STILL deserves more time in your view, but Beane gets none. He gets nothing, but YOU KNOW he is NO GOOD. Because you just do. Right? Is that the size of things?

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

The person being unreasonable here, is You. Not everybody else. Not everyone who disagrees with you, but You.

Why in your world does Whaley get 4 years and he STILL deserves more time in your view, but Beane gets none. He gets nothing, but YOU KNOW he is NO GOOD. Because you just do. Right? Is that the size of things?

Love Yosemite Sam!

I think by Sunday at 4:00 pm the Beane/McDermott era gets off to a dud.

This team can't score.

(quote liverpool kev here) there was this guy when I worked at the square in 78. His name was Spagnulo. A real wise ass punk and i didnt like how he told me what to do. This one day my truck was being loaded and it was a "heavy day" which in postal code means a lot of stuff was added to my route. Spagnulo said he'd see me in two weeks and the other guys laughed because even though i was 150 or so sveryone thought i wasn't up for the task. I moved quick like a leopard in the congo and made every stop you could think of. You know why. Because that punk said i couldnt. Thats what the Bills team is all about this year. Grit and hard work. They will be awarded for their hard work.

(quote liverpool kev here) there was this guy when I worked at the square in 78. His name was Spagnulo. A real wise ass punk and i didnt like how he told me what to do. This one day my truck was being loaded and it was a "heavy day" which in postal code means a lot of stuff was added to my route. Spagnulo said he'd see me in two weeks and the other guys laughed because even though i was 150 or so sveryone thought i wasn't up for the task. I moved quick like a leopard in the congo and made every stop you could think of. You know why. Because that punk said i couldnt. Thats what the Bills team is all about this year. Grit and hard work. They will be awarded for their hard work.

Nothing like a little motivation. I like it, Howard. :beer:

They should get you to do the pregame speech!

you aren't going to watch any bills games this year because they didn't keep a fringe RB that no other team in the league thought was worthy of being on a 53 man roster? You do you.... but wtf am I missing

just got back from Walgreens and the guy ahead of me was saying how the bills wont win 2 games and I said to him I said if you ever had to work in cold weather 6 days each week and deal with kids belly acking and making fun of a respected postal serviceman youd take that back. Kids now days dont understand the hard work that goes in to a career and how things take time to grow. My wife Shirl grows beginias each year when we get back from arizona and she waters them, puts some manuee around them and keeps them watered. She waters them and talks to them. One time the neighbor asked how she got her begonias so pretty and she told him hard work. But she waters them and keeps a mayonaze jar of fish food near by because begonias like fish food and water. So young kids need to know that hard work makes for good success and you also need water. Thats what our coach is doing.

Mike is a nice guy above and the other guy asked what powder I bought and it was flee powder for Howard our dog.

Yeah that is an interesting story about your wife & her knack for gardening but it has little to do with the situation on hand. It is rookie hour down at 1 Bills Drive with 2 guys that are heading the ship that are in way over their heads. My guess is we will be talking about another full rebuild in 3 years after these guys are shown the door.