Is Tyrod and Kaepernick all that different, looking at stats

Let's say Tyrod goes through a demonstration like Kaep has and sits during the national anthem, would he still be unemployed? I don't think he would. He has a better running game and looks to care about the game. Take the whole sitting part away and I see Tyrod as a role model, I never saw Kaep that way.

Tyrod has: Better completion percentage, better TD's per pass attempt, better (lower) INT's per pass attempt, higher YPG, lower sack % per pass attempt, more rushing yards and TD's per rush attempt, less fumbles per snap. I don't need to manufacture statistics to come up with a reason to suggest that some National Anthem kneeling political ass-clown locker room/media cancer is the same as what the Bills already have. He's not and it's not even close. Kaepernick's best was 4 years ago. Taylor's best is now.

He got treated better than most Jets fans I saw :lol:

Lol. That's true.

I have a family member who is a Patriots fans. She gets treated absolutely brutally any time she come here and tries to go to a Bills game. People throwing beer, food, garbage (etc) at her, calling her every dirty name in the book, on occasion some even try to fight her fiancé or even me (and we are both decked out in Bills gear. I live here and am a diehard Bills fan...).

It's really aggravating because she is nothing but respectful. She doesn't trash talk or scream and yell at the games (she's scared to even cheer when the Pats make a good play) and is one of the nicest girls you will ever meet.

But the majority of Bills fans at the game are really great. It's just that smaller group of drunken idiots that do their best to ruin it.

She had such a bad experience at the last game we went to that now she says she won't even go back. I feel bad for her because she's a true die hard Pats fan and she knows that their current dynasty isn't likely to last all that much longer so she wants to see them any chance she gets and this is the only place she is able to go to see them play, but after the last game she went to she is legitimately scared to go. I don't blame her either. We had to leave early it got so brutal.

ARE

RRRRR

adult-deluxe-pirate-captain-costume.jpg

And we're all thankful to have you pointing them out on a message board.

it honestly keeps the board at its best for reading

having ALL CAPITAL LETTERS CAN BE ANNOYING. Useing spelling can make the board harder to read. during the season on the main board i try as best i can to spell check. everywhere else, not so much offseason not at all

For those of us who care most about the actual product on the field, the Kaepernick noise is beyond frustrating.

Which is one of the biggest reasons Kap is sitting at home right now. Most NFL fans don't want to hear anything from a football player that isn't directly involved with the game.

Unfortunatey, most sports writers are also SJWs who think Kap is just like Ali and they must all rise together for his cause.

Eliminate the sports writers and literally no one -- NO ONE -- gives a flying schittbag about Colin Kaepernick.

Edited by LABillzFan

Kind of an interesting comparison between Tyrod and Kaepernick

Lets compare these 2 players stats. This is over the same period of time. Leaving the politics out of it is there really a big statistical difference between both QB's? When you consider Colin's salary could be in the $5-$6 million base salary range with Bonuses which one would you rather have? Kaepernick is not good enough for a team to pick him up yet Tyrod is our starting QB.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-contract-asking-prince-nfl-free-agency-rumors-news-49ers/x61dx77lpsoe1tzncfji0jkga

Kap

6-4 225, 29 - 30 win record (this includes a 1-10 season)

69 games played, 59.8% completion, 72 td's 30 int

Rushing - 2300 yards, 13 Td's

Sacked 171 times

4-2 playoff record

Tyrod

6-0 221, 14-14 record

29 games played, 62.3% completion, 37 td's 14 Int

Rushing - 1248 yards, 11 Td's

Sacked 78 times

Maybe you should actually think for yourself before you post, and take your blinders off.

1. Tyrod has now played 30 games.

2. But lets use your numbers and extrapolate:

If Tyrod had played 69 games he would have 2,970 rushing yards (670 more than Kaep); Tyrod would have 26 rushing TD's (13 more than Kaep); 185 sacks (14 more than Kaep); 88 passing TD's (16 more than Kaep); 33 INT (3 more than Kaep); his completion % is 2.5% higher, which is a light year of separation in the NFL

So, in sum TT would have 29 more total TD than Kaep and 670 more rushing yards, and lightyears ahead in completion %.

Lets compare these 2 players stats. This is over the same period of time. Leaving the politics out of it is there really a big statistical difference between both QB's? When you consider Colin's salary could be in the $5-$6 million base salary range with Bonuses which one would you rather have? Kaepernick is not good enough for a team to pick him up yet Tyrod is our starting QB.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-contract-asking-prince-nfl-free-agency-rumors-news-49ers/x61dx77lpsoe1tzncfji0jkga

Kap

Sacked 171 times

4-2 playoff record

Tyrod

6-0 221, 14-14 record

Rushing - 1248 yards in 234 attempts, 11 Td's

Sacked 78 times

Cam Newton

94 games, 58.4% completion, 138 Tds 79 INT

3569 yards rushing in 695 carries, 72 TDs

Sacked 221

Kaepernick is a racist piece of garbage.

And he sucks as a QB.

Bad combo for any team looking for a QB.

He is a first class moron to boot and no one wants to deal with his sorry ass.

If the owners are colluding to keep him out of the NFL, good for them. This Kaepernick character isn't worth the time or energy for anyone but his vile, angry, blatantly racist girlfriend.

RRRRR

adult-deluxe-pirate-captain-costume.jpg

it honestly keeps the board at its best for reading

having ALL CAPITAL LETTERS CAN BE ANNOYING. Useing spelling can make the board harder to read. during the season on the main board i try as best i can to spell check. everywhere else, not so much offseason not at all

*using

Kap

Sacked 171 times

4-2 playoff record

Tyrod

6-0 221, 14-14 record

Rushing - 1248 yards, 11 Td's

Sacked 78 times

This isn't a relevant comparison at all. Tyrod has only been a starting QB since 2015. You're using Kaepernick's stats going back to 2012, which was when he was actually a very good QB. In the time since Tyrod has been starting, Kaepernick has a 3-16 record. You know who else has better stats than Tyrod if you compare their stats from 2012 on? Matt Schaub, Josh Freeman, and Robert Griffin.

You mean Tyrod makes you comfortable because he doesn't speak politically.

Kaepernick makes you uncomfortable for whatever reason you choose.

The act of kneeling in protest doesn't make me uncomfortable in the least. I respect his right to do it and I'll defend his right to do it. For me, I stand for the national anthem out of respect for the men and women (of all races) that have given their lives for this very freedom. Here's where the rubber meets the road for me.......if Kaep actually had a plan to contribute to fixing the problem, he wouldn't be in this position. Instead of taking action to root out the bad cops by appealing to the upstanding members of law enforcement, and encouraging dialogue between the good cops and community leaders, he'd rather bash all cops and paint all of law enforcement with a broad brush. Isn't that exactly how white supremacists paint the black (non-white) community?

As far as Tyrod is concerned, he's doing what he was raised to do.....be respectful to others and you'll likely get the same in return no matter your skin color, religion etc... Lead by example and as far as being a positive force for change, all Kaep's done is alienate and divide people. If you don't want to be part of the solution, you're part of the problem in my book.

As somebody has said on here and as Shady stated....Kaep is not employed because he's not good enough to overcome the baggage, pure and simple. The NFL is about making money; players are investments. Kaep's ROI is negative so why would any owner invest his money into a player that won't provide a return?

Edited by Bills757

The statistical difference is not huge. But it is still there.

Especially if you look at just the last 2-3 seasons.

Colin Kaepernick started his career hot, but his play has steadily deteriorated since the 2013 Super Bowl season. Defenses figured out how to stop him, and he's never adjusted his game enough to get past that hurdle. After three straight poor performances, there is little hope the guy will ever turn things around.

Right now, Tyrod Taylor is more accurate, more elusive, more accurate and has less turnovers. It's possible he eventually sees a big drop-off like Kaepernick, but it's also possible he gets better. Kaepernick was a good QB that became bad. Taylor is an average QB that still has time to entrench himself.

With that said, I don't understand why NFL owners just can't ADMIT their stance on Kaepernick. Why are they letting ESPN and other media outlets bully them into hiding their true thoughts? As an employer, they have every right NOT TO HIRE someone. End of story. It's not racist. It's not prejudiced. Kaepernick had every constitutional right to protest. But the owners have the right to fire him/refuse to hire him.

A large percentage of fans believe Kaepernick's actions were disrespectful to this country, and a major distraction from the sport. Many players have admitted these demonstrations can be divisive among their team. If Hall of Fame talents like Terrell Owens were eventually blackballed from the league because of their behavior (and nobody complains about that), it's certainly fine for NFL teams to decide they don't want the clown show that comes with signing Kaepernick.

The act of kneeling in protest doesn't make me uncomfortable in the least. I respect his right to do it and I'll defend his right to do it. For me, I stand for the national anthem out of respect for the men and women (of all races) that have given their lives for this very freedom. Here's where the rubber meets the road for me.......if Kaep actually had a plan to contribute to fixing the problem, he wouldn't be in this position. Instead of taking action to root out the bad cops by appealing to the upstanding members of law enforcement, and encouraging dialogue between the good cops and community leaders, he'd rather bash all cops and paint all of law enforcement with a broad brush. Isn't that exactly how white supremacists paint the black (non-white) community?

Very well said.

Rioting, blocking highways and kneeling at football games does nothing to fix these problems.

In most cases, it only raises tension and increases anger - instead of bringing support to the cause.

With that said, I don't understand why NFL owners just can't ADMIT their stance on Kaepernick. Why are they letting ESPN and other media outlets bully them into hiding their true thoughts? As an employer, they have every right NOT TO HIRE someone. End of story. It's not racist. It's not prejudiced. Kaepernick had every constitutional right to protest. But the owners have the right to fire him/refuse to hire him.

A large percentage of fans believe Kaepernick's actions were disrespectful to this country, and a major distraction from the sport. Many players have admitted these demonstrations can be divisive among their team. If Hall of Fame talents like Terrell Owens were eventually blackballed from the league because of their behavior (and nobody complains about that), it's certainly fine for NFL teams to decide they don't want the clown show that comes with signing Kaepernick.

Do owners EVER come out and comment on why they don't sign other players? Why should Kaepernick be the exception? Why put yourself out there by commenting? That would only serve to put you and your organization in the cross hairs of every whack job reporter/media outlet around and create a distraction for your team. ESPN blows anyway. Who cares what those idiots think? That network will hopefully crumble sooner rather than later.

To be clear, over the past 2 years TT is better than Kaep, statistically, in:

Completion %

Passing Yards per Game

Passing TDs per Game

Total Yards per Game

Total TDs per Game

TD/TO Ratio

TD%

Turnover %

Passer Rating

This.

It's about what have you done for me lately. Unfortunately both QB's level of play on the field is currently trending down. Kaepernick even more so then Taylor recently. But if Taylor does not have a bounce back year this year he might not start again next year for us or any other team in the NFL. If he bounces back and has a season similar to his 2015 season then I am fairly confident he will get another starting chance with us or another team in the future.

Do owners EVER come out and comment on why they don't sign other players? Why should Kaepernick be the exception? Why put yourself out there by commenting? That would only serve to put you and your organization in the cross hairs of every whack job reporter/media outlet around and create a distraction for your team. ESPN blows anyway. Who cares what those idiots think? That network will hopefully crumble sooner rather than later.

You are right. Teams normally don't comment.

But in the case of Kaepernick, they keep making excuses about his work ethic and on-field play (Let's be honest. The guy isn't very good, but he's still better than a good chunk of the backups currently employed). They seem willing to comment, but won't give more honest reasons why.

When the owners "hide" their true thoughts, it gives credence to the idea that something is wrong with blackballing players for their actions and behavior.

You are right. Teams normally don't comment.

But in the case of Kaepernick, they keep making excuses about his work ethic and on-field play (Let's be honest. The guy isn't very good, but he's still better than a good chunk of the backups currently employed). They seem willing to comment, but won't give more honest reasons why.

When the owners "hide" their true thoughts, it gives credence to the idea that something is wrong with blackballing players for their actions and behavior.

I get where you're coming from but I guess I look at it differently.

For any owner to sit down with the media and basically say "he's not good enough to overcome the distraction he will become for my team" is like security (the NFL owners) on the Friday after Thanksgiving at Walmart wanting to crack the doors open just a little to tell the people (the media) that when the store opens, they need to proceed in an orderly fashion. Of course, you and I both know that once the doors open just a little, those people won't be listening to anything; they'll stampede through the doors and over top of anybody in their way.

it was done for affect, boy wonder

Yeah, sure... lol. j/k man

Seriously though, for someone who corrects other people's grammar and spelling errors, you sure make a lot of them yourself.

Also, *effect (but I'm sure that was done for effect too... (again, j/k))

Edited by BillsFan4

Lets compare these 2 players stats. This is over the same period of time. Leaving the politics out of it

Crap thread. If you say leave the politics out of it what was your point in the whole post? Why not then compare TT to anyone else