Is Tyrod and Kaepernick all that different, looking at stats

Kind of an interesting comparison between Tyrod and Kaepernick

Lets compare these 2 players stats. This is over the same period of time. Leaving the politics out of it is there really a big statistical difference between both QB's? When you consider Colin's salary could be in the $5-$6 million base salary range with Bonuses which one would you rather have? Kaepernick is not good enough for a team to pick him up yet Tyrod is our starting QB.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-contract-asking-prince-nfl-free-agency-rumors-news-49ers/x61dx77lpsoe1tzncfji0jkga

Kap

6-4 225, 29 - 30 win record (this includes a 1-10 season)

69 games played, 59.8% completion, 72 td's 30 int

Rushing - 2300 yards, 13 Td's

Sacked 171 times

4-2 playoff record

Tyrod

6-0 221, 14-14 record

29 games played, 62.3% completion, 37 td's 14 Int

Rushing - 1248 yards, 11 Td's

Sacked 78 times

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they?

....statistically close....BUT I think TT has a FAR superior work ethic and attitude versus Casper-nick (not talking politics).....he hit the bright lights too soon and was easily distracted by hits "tats 'n poses" routine....opposing DC's figured him out in relatively short order...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Yet they have almost the same stats and Kapernick has 4 more playoff wins and is going to cost a team half of what TT is getting.

Half the price? Nah... Kap thinks he is good. Turned down 14.5 Million guranterd to stay on San Fran and it was also reported that he has turned down other offers.

How many fans are going to boycott the team because because of Tyrod like the tens of thousands that would if the Bills signed Kaepernick? That's the stat I want to see.

You really think tens of thousands of fans would boycott the Bills If they signed him? Did you see how many browns players kneeled for the anthem last week?

I'm not suggesting that the Bills sign him. I'm just pointing out that TT statistically is not a better QB at this point in his career.

You really think tens of thousands of fans would boycott the Bills If they signed him? Did you see how many browns players kneeled for the anthem last week?

I'm not suggesting that the Bills sign him. I'm just pointing out that TT statistically is not a better QB at this point in his career.

To be clear, over the past 2 years TT is better than Kaep, statistically, in:

Completion %

Passing Yards per Game

Passing TDs per Game

Total Yards per Game

Total TDs per Game

TD/TO Ratio

TD%

Turnover %

Passer Rating

To be clear, over the past 2 years TT is better than Kaep, statistically, in:

Completion %

Passing Yards per Game

Passing TDs per Game

Total Yards per Game

Total TDs per Game

TD/TO Ratio

TD%

Turnover %

Passer Rating

that's a good point however look at the 49ers team the last two years. If kap was on the Bills team the last two years I could argue the Bills would not have seen a drop off.

that's a good point however look at the 49ers team the last two years. If kap was on the Bills team the last two years I could argue the Bills would not have seen a drop off.

He's part of those 49ers teams, unless you're referring to their defense. And if that's the case in 2015 we were 24, they were 27 and in 2016 we were 27 and they were 28 by DVOA.

From what I saw in last years Bills/Niners game Kap doesn't belong on the field, from strictly a football standpoint. Yep, it's a small sample to look at, but given that Kap isn't on the field, I might just be right. Somebody will get hurt and Kap will get a chance this year. Then I suspect he'll show why he wasn't on a roster.