Is Tyrod and Kaepernick all that different, looking at stats

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of an interesting comparison between Tyrod and Kaepernick

Lets compare these 2 players stats. This is over the same period of time. Leaving the politics out of it is there really a big statistical difference between both QB's? When you consider Colin's salary could be in the $5-$6 million base salary range with Bonuses which one would you rather have? Kaepernick is not good enough for a team to pick him up yet Tyrod is our starting QB.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-contract-asking-prince-nfl-free-agency-rumors-news-49ers/x61dx77lpsoe1tzncfji0jkga

Kap

6-4 225, 29 - 30 win record (this includes a 1-10 season)

69 games played, 59.8% completion, 72 td's 30 int

Rushing - 2300 yards, 13 Td's

Sacked 171 times

4-2 playoff record

Tyrod

6-0 221, 14-14 record

29 games played, 62.3% completion, 37 td's 14 Int

Rushing - 1248 yards, 11 Td's

Sacked 78 times

There's more to it then just stats , One of them should climb on top of his ego and jump to his IQ level

Tired of the Kaepernick talk, but cannot wait for when a team signs him. And one will. Just watch the business side of the game talk when a starting QB goes down. That owner is going to run with Kaepernick over QB2 most likely.

Not unless he is their starter...nobody deals with that type of media circus/distraction for a backup player that doesn't contribute anything...

Stats aside, Kaepernick and Taylor really are quite different. Another poster in another thread told me I must love Kaep just because I love Taylor and I thought that comment was pretty ridiculous.

First of all, they're completely different even as runners. Kaep isn't escaping pressure by eluding it. He's just muscling out of it. He's also not breaking tackles he's just outrunning guys or bulling them over. He's much more similar to Cam Newton as a runner than he is to Taylor or Russel Wilson, who are very different in that sense.

Secondly, Kaep throws bullets, and almost exclusively bullets. He just doesn't really know how to put much touch on the ball to throw really catchable balls. He just rifles it in there.

Thirdly, and probably connected with the last one, Taylor's just a much more accurate passer than Kaep.

I also think Taylor does a better job actually staying in the pocket than Kaep does and even when he escapes pressure, he's still always looking downfield to pass. That's not what Kaep does.

So, no, I don't think Kaep and Taylor are all that comparable other than the fact that they're black, running QBs.

Make this stop!

I'm calling for a moratorium on Kaepernick issues until he is in the league and playing the Bills

He has become the media's new Tebow, except worse - Kap is a topic that PFT, ESPN and others can use to generate clicks, even though he CAN'T PLAY FOOTBALL.

Who is clicking on the bait? Housewives? For those of us who care most about the actual product on the field, the Kaepernick noise is beyond frustrating.

You really think tens of thousands of fans would boycott the Bills If they signed him? Did you see how many browns players kneeled for the anthem last week?

I'm not suggesting that the Bills sign him. I'm just pointing out that TT statistically is not a better QB at this point in his career.

Cool

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't sure where else to put this. I didn't want to start a new thread but this was a pretty interesting read.

A sports writer wore a Colin Kaepernick jersey to the Bills-Jets game on Sunday and this was his experience -

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/13/colin-kaepernick-jersey-bills-jets-game-tim-rohan

He got treated better than most Jets fans I saw :lol: