Will Tyrod be traded now

Tyrod trade  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tyrod be traded now

We should trade Tyrod cuz I just don't see any team trading us into the top 3 draft slots in 2018, no matter how many picks we throw at them. Not if these 2018 QB's are as good as everyone says they are.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may not call it tanking, no doubt McDermott will operate as if he is doing everything he can to win. But this move, by Beane, is a tank move. They aren't putting the best talent on the field. They should trade Tyrod and Shady now...their value is only going to go down...

They would have an empty stadium if they did that.

They may not call it tanking, no doubt McDermott will operate as if he is doing everything he can to win. But this move, by Beane, is a tank move. They aren't putting the best talent on the field. They should trade Tyrod and Shady now...their value is only going to go down...

I don't believe they will do that. I take him at his word, until proven otherwise.

He's a low end starter and elite backup. The Bills didn't even draft him. negative value-no.

He has to be paid 15 million this season. Who would trade for a low end starter or high end backup making that much $ when he would have to come in and learn a new offense to boot?

Negative trade value.

Do I think it will happen? No. Do I want it to happen? Yes.

This is where I'm at. Just move on is what I would like. Let the Rex/Whaley era end, no more other teams backups pushed as our starting franchise QB.. Start a true new era with a plan to use our own drafted QBs as starters not other teams throw outs.

Edited by xRUSHx

This is where I'm at. Just move on is what I would like. Let the Rex/Whaley era end, no more other teams backups pushed as our starting franchise QB.. Start a true new era with a plan to draft a top QB in 2018

McCoy would be gone too,

No shot. He's on a very reasonable one year prove-it deal (essentially).

"Prove it, we've set you up with a bunch of mediocre slot receivers...get it done". Tyrod is being set up to fail...he'll have a very short leash (if he is still here) and we will get a good look at Peterman before another season comes to a disappointing end...this is already shaping up to be another lost season...perhaps it was the late GM change, but I am not getting the sense that all this was not thought out very well.

He's not in our long-term plans either, unfortunately.

Launch them both now.

Given McCoys' comments earlier, it doens't sound like he is very happy. Fantastic player, but he could be toxic if he isn't happy. No doubt, that is why the previous regime gave him a new deal when he arrived in Buffalo, when they really didn't need to.

Edited by Buftex

Trading an oft-injured 1b wide out who would not resign with the team and a man-to-man corner out of a zone scheme for players and picks isn't "tanking." It's realizing that the team is good enough that even if Tyrod regresses further this year, we won't be in a position to draft the franchise guy without the ability to trade up. This fan base has lost it's damn mind, seriously. How many times have we bemoaned a great player leaving in free agency without getting anything in return? And now everyone is going to complain when they actually pull the trigger and get something for a guy who everyone said we drafted too high and paid way too much for? Just like with Gilislee, I would have MUCH rather have seen Darby stay, but corners and wideouts are a dime a dozen it seems. ****, we draft one of each every year. No one knew that we drafted White and Jones to replace Darby and Watkins, but in the long term, this is an excellent move. Tyrod is not going to be traded, McCoy is not going to be traded.

Tell all this to the season ticket holders.

At this point I really don't think that matters to them, they want to try to build for the future and are obviously willing to listen to any offers for any player. Do you honestly think if someone offered a 2nd for Tyrod, or a 3rd for Mccoy, or a straight trade for Dareus they would not be gone? (Obviously considered contracts for them)

and McCoy too. Easy for you to say.

I honestly don't care about the wallets of the fans who get season tickets and shocked by the electric cheese every year. The GM should be trying to be a Super Bowl roster, not give a crap about how mad the fans are gonna be because they bought Watkins' jerseys.

At this point I really don't think that matters to them, they want to try to build for the future and are obviously willing to listen to any offers for any player. Do you honestly think if someone offered a 2nd for Tyrod, or a 3rd for Mccoy, or a straight trade for Dareus they would not be gone? (Obviously considered contracts for them)

Well, a 2-14 season or worse is nothing to invest in or watch.

I'm a season ticket holder and I'm fine with a big step back this season. I am extremely excited for a top talent at QB to be drafted in 2018 and would be fine watching Peterman a QB drafted by Buffalo in hopes he plays well all season. As a season ticket holder Im sick of watching cast off QBs from other teams trying to be this teams starter pushing us to 7-9 hell over and over again. I want a stud QB drafted and developed by my team that I get to watch grow with the team. I'm so sick of the Fitz world this team has been stuck in for so long. Please just trade Tyrod and move on.

I will respect this new staff even more if they don't take the route the last few took with below average QBs developed from other teams being pushed like they were better then they are. It's a QB driven league, without a good one the odds of going to the playoffs are next to impossible.

Edited by xRUSHx

I'm a season ticket holder and I'm fine with a big step back this season. I am extremely excited for a top talent at QB to be drafted in 2018 and would be fine watching Peterman a QB drafted by Buffalo in hopes he plays well all season. As a season ticket holder Im sick of watching cast off QBs from other teams trying to be this teams starter pushing us to 7-9 hell over and over again. I want a stud QB drafted and developed by my team that I get to watch grow with the team. I'm so sick of the Fitz world this team has been stuck in for so long. Please just trade Tyrod and move on.

TT is better than Fitz. But you don't listen. Good for you. Your a fool spending hard earned money to watch a 2-14 team, because McCoy would be gone too. Russ Brandon loves your type.

I'm a season ticket holder. In the long run we're all dead.

I have ZERO desire in tanking.

WIN NOW !!

Besides, this isn't a tank job. If it as we would have signed Boldin. McCoy would be long gone. Hotrod would not have been resigned.

WIN NOW !!

GO BILLS !!

We can't lose with Tyrod,

don't you get it?

Exactly. Because it's the Bills I expect Tyrod to get a massive extension after throwing for 2000yds 8tds 5ints and 700 rushing yds. He'll most likely sign a deal for 120 million wth 75mil guaranteed. Then all of those draft picks they've acquired they will give them away to move up in the draft to get either a corner, a rb, or a 225lb de. The Bills way.

I honestly don't care about the wallets of the fans who get season tickets and shocked by the electric cheese every year. The GM should be trying to be a Super Bowl roster, not give a crap about how mad the fans are gonna be because they bought Watkins' jerseys.

Pretty much and it looks like he's doing it.

TT is better than Fitz. But you don't listen. Good for you. Your a fool spending hard earned money to watch a 2-14 team, because McCoy would be gone too. Russ Brandon loves your type.

I love my Bills games man, I'm a diehard that has been going since the Kelly era. All these years of losing and I still buy, yep I'm a fool but Im hopeful of a light around the corner finally. Go Bills

Tyrod might be better then Fitz but eitherway he still isn't good enough so who cares if one turd is prettier then another turd it's still nothing but a rotten stink in the end.

Edited by xRUSHx

I will respect this new staff even more if they don't take the route the last few took with below average QBs developed from other teams being pushed like they were better then they are. It's a QB driven league, without a good one the odds of going to the playoffs are next to impossible.

AMEN brother !!!

I'm a season ticket holder. In the long run we're all dead.

I have ZERO desire in tanking.

WIN NOW !!

Besides, this isn't a tank job. If it as we would have signed Boldin. McCoy would be long gone. Hotrod would not have been resigned.

WIN NOW !!

GO BILLS !!

I've been helping care for an elderly fellow that at his late age (84)had never been a football fan of any kind until last year. He became a Bills fan, partly so we could watch and enjoy the games together.

Unfortunately my old Italian Buddy may not be long for this world and I had a hard time explaining to him why Buffalo just sent their best player packing.

They have enough draft ammo now to trade up in the draft.

Yes they do, but the teams that are likely to be worse than us are also looking for a QB in the draft. Takes a willing partner to trade.

Well, a 2-14 season or worse is nothing to invest in or watch.

Sometimes in life things have to get worse before they get better. No one wants to watch a 2-14 season, but if going a year or two at 2-14 turn this team around for a long future its well worth it. I don't see us going 2-14 though.

I don't think the real question should be "Will Tyrod taylor be traded", the real question should be at this point, "Will Reggie Ragland be traded". He was said not to be a scheme fit, but for a team like GB, PITT, CHIC or SD there definitely could be a fit, I like Ragland and thought he did alright in his debut the other night but if we can get fair value that's a guy I'd be looking at, maybe shore up our RT situation with a good player. :flirt:

I don't think the real question should be "Will Tyrod taylor be traded", the real question should be at this point, "Will Reggie Ragland be traded". He was said not to be a scheme fit, but for a team like GB, PITT, CHIC or SD there definitely could be a fit, I like Ragland and thought he did alright in his debut the other night but if we can get fair value that's a guy I'd be looking at, maybe shore up our RT situation with a good player. :flirt:

Myself personally,

I don't think Buffalo is done looking for trade partners in my humble opinion.

Why would a team trade for him now when they could have just shown enough interest in the off-season to sign him once he refused to re-negotiate his contract and got released?

Refusing to re-negotiate would signify a higher cost to anyone interested, but since Taylor did re-negotiate Tyrod Taylor may now become more affordable for some teams IMO.

Especially If a playoff contender loses their starting QB during the preseason.

I'm just saying...

No. What do you think they could get for him?

A starting QB should bring a first (that's you Denver)

Where's the "OH PLEASE GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN" option?

:D

Be hard to get anything for Ragland at this point.