McCoy-Big boy bet

A football players career can end instantly without notice from injury, many have, and along with it goes all the money and for some the high rolling life style that came with it.

It sets a bad example for younger players in my humble opinion.

with all due respect

I do agree that being careless with money does set a bad example. That being said, the same could be said about buying luxury cars/watches/clothing/jewelry/running up massive restaurant bills/any other example of athletes/celebrities/rich people living extravagant lifestyles. The majority of NFL players with large contracts seem to spend quite a bit of money on their luxurious lifestyles, so to single McCoy out for risking $200,000, and to suggest that this is a punishable action, or much worse than what so many others are also doing with no consequences, or people attacking them for it seems a bit much.

You clearly missed my point, but that's OK. Several others have, too.

BTW, see "Shadymccoy" at the top, right hand side of the photo? To me, this indicates it was shared on some social media. Just stupid.

What exactly is your point then? I just don't think he did anything wrong.

Edited by Cheektavegas Charlie

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree that being careless with money does set a bad example. That being said, the same could be said about buying luxury cars/watches/clothing/jewelry/running up massive restaurant bills/any other example of athletes/celebrities/rich people living extravagant lifestyles. The majority of NFL players with large contracts seem to spend quite a bit of money on their luxurious lifestyles, so to single McCoy out for risking $200,000, and to suggest that this is a punishable action, or much worse than what so many others are also doing with no consequences, or people attacking them for it seems a bit much.

What exactly is your point then? I just don't think he did anything wrong.

Lots of ways to invest $200,000 dollars more safely is my point.

I know $200K isn't a lot of money to him. But generally speaking, risking $200K to win $62K isn't necessarily wise.

that was my initial thought as well, but i just assumed i wasn't understanding exactly how it worked.

I wish more people were honest here. If he wasn't a Bill, I'd sports hate McCoy. He represents a lot of the awful qualities of a pro athlete.

Great player and awesome trade. But he loves to pimp how much money he has. He seems insecure.

That seems like a lot of money to put at risk to make $60k. It is a 30% return, but man that's some confidence.

It's a horrible experience if things get close. I bet 500 to win 100 on a tennis match one time and the match went on forever. Money wise I assume that would be the equivalent of this thing going 7 and Shady having to sweat it out.

Lots of ways to invest $200,000 dollars more safely is my point.

IDK.

I love the Cavs, but this Warriors team is flat out f-ing amazing. As a kid growing up worshipping the Jordan Bulls, I don't think you could take the best 5 out of any Jordan-led Bulls teams and match this current Warriors squad.

Sadly, I say crown em.

It'll be fun this off-season to see Lebron recruit a decent squad to take them on.

It's a horrible experience if things get close. I bet 500 to win 100 on a tennis match one time and the match went on forever. Money wise I assume that would be the equivalent of this thing going 7 and Shady having to sweat it out.

Who was playing?

IDK.

I love the Cavs, but this Warriors team is flat out f-ing amazing. As a kid growing up worshipping the Jordan Bulls, I don't think you could take the best 5 out of any Jordan-led Bulls teams and match this current Warriors squad.

Sadly, I say crown em.

It'll be fun this off-season to see Lebron recruit a decent squad to take them on.

Who was playing?

Isner was favored over some scrub, i thought it was going to be easy money. Never again. He won but it wasn't worth it.

LeBron has. They showed him as he sat on the bench near the end of the 3rd. Dude was spent.

He tends to pack her in when it's not going his way, can't blame him at all for game 2. Dog it out when it's a lost cause and be 100% for the next game.

Can't see the Warriors wanting to push too hard for the sweep if the Cavs put up a great fight tonight.

He tends to pack her in when it's not going his way, can't blame him at all for game 2. Dog it out when it's a lost cause and be 100% for the next game.

Can't see the Warriors wanting to push too hard for the sweep if the Cavs put up a great fight tonight.

Except that 16-0 in the playoffs has never been done before.

Except that 16-0 in the playoffs has never been done before.

That's not a goal worth sacrificing for.

They hopefully learned last year that these records don't mean anything and getting injured or tired isn't worth it.

Curry learned to shed the NBA-hero role this season and just concentrate on winning without being a wind-up toy to help sell the NBA.

Warriors let up last year in game 3 because they thought they had the series won. They won't let up at any point this year.

Tonight's game is certainly pivotal, to say the least. I can see a scenario where the Cavs role players are on fire and the Warriors are off their game and Cavs take one, but if the Warriors win tonight and especially if it's a runaway win, game 4 could be UGLY.

I believe in teams of respectably equal strength not trying to wipe each other out in 7 game series.

If the Cavs would roll up and die without much effort, the Warriors will gladly sweep them.

But if the Cavs come out fighting, the Warriors wouldn't mind winning it in 6 games.

Warriors let up last year in game 3 because they thought they had the series won. They won't let up at any point this year.

Tonight's game is certainly pivotal, to say the least. I can see a scenario where the Cavs role players are on fire and the Warriors are off their game and Cavs take one, but if the Warriors win tonight and especially if it's a runaway win, game 4 could be UGLY.

Warriors score pretty much at will while Cavs put every ounce of their being into getting a basket it seems like...over the course of a game it just becomes too hard to work that much the entire 48 minutes and they start to tire and then Warriors go on a 20-0 run in the blink of the eye turning a close game into a laugher...at least that's been the story in the first 2 games

Warriors score pretty much at will while Cavs put every ounce of their being into getting a basket it seems like...over the course of a game it just becomes too hard to work that much the entire 48 minutes and they start to tire and then Warriors go on a 20-0 run in the blink of the eye turning a close game into a laugher...at least that's been the story in the first 2 games

But as analytical fans and sometimes gamblers we are looking at something more than seeing the final scoreboard or what the 3 goofuses yacking away on the broadcast telling us nothing that we don't see ourselves.

Cavs got within a bucket a few minutes into the second half before it fell apart.

Hoops is all about dogging it at a good moment that doesn't matter. Would hate to want to depend on something not happening that makes what could be a 4-game sweep end up a 5-gamer.

Shaq and Kobe lost a game in the Final that year. The 86 C's somehow lost a game after Sampson got kicked out. Neither should have happened...

Anaheim totally packed it in for Game 6 against the Oil, after the Oil showed it would fight, and let them score 7 and have a big victory dance and parade, they didn't mind knowing game 7 was coming home for them.

That was easily one the 10 best NBA games I've watched in 45 years, game 3.

Irving's efforts and magical powers were among the best ever put on a court.

Love isn't championship material.

Cavs gave their best and lost to a better team, if they have anything in the tank tonight that is very admirable, I expect a Warriors easy win.

The talent in its prime on both teams has only been matched by the 84/85 Lakers/Celtics Finals. If the Lakers didn't tank against Houston, then 86 would have been another one.

San Antonio to team up with his buddy CP3..

Jk he would never go to the West where the big boys play.

not like the olden days when the West was always a joke for Magic and his Lakers to get a bye to the Finals. They even messed it up against Houston twice.

Get out the brooms.

Bad night in Cleveland. Browns safety Tyvis Powell is scheduled to throw out the first pitch at the Indians game tonight. Make that former Browns safety. They waived him this afternoon. They couldn't wait a few hours?