What type of coaching do you want to see this year?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't want to keep having to tell myself making game time decisions is probably a lot harder than it looks.

Yeah, how is it hundreds of people thousands of miles away watching on a grainy big screen can be screaming "PUT THE RED FLAG AWAY!", and he can't see the obvious or hear those with a clue?

1. Never punting on 4th and 1.

2. Going for it on 4th and 3 or less once youve crossed your own 45 yard line.

3. Keeping your timeouts in hand rather than wasting them on unimportant challenges early in games.

4. Have 1 designated team official, who's an NFL rules expert, watching the game up in a booth on a 80 inch 4k tv, and letting McDermott know when he needs to challenge and when he needs to keep the red flag in his pocket.

5. Go for 2 point conversions after TD's.

I happen to like 50% of 2 better than I like 94% of 1.

Edited by Estro

Initially I'm hoping for a coach that was nothing like Rex but Jauron kind of was. Jauron was humble and emotionless while Rex was arrogant and didn't stop talking. Both didn't really work out.

Perhaps fair but firm, cautious without being conservative, and more discipline. Hoping to see a solid foundation built this year.

How about good coaching?

The ability and willingness to make changes at halftime. If "your" scheme has been discovered, and it will, don't be a slave to it. Coaches like BB prey on the coaches with the stonecutter mentality to game planning.

I'm looking for serious, well prepared Coaching on game day. If the players are going to put in the time in the classroom, weight room and practice field...the coaches should be just as prepared!

I'll never forget how frustrating it was to see Jauron staring up at the jumbo-tron, week after week, as if he'd never seen a football game before!

Doesn't attempt to put square pegs into round holes.

I think you hit the attribute I hope to see.

Systems don't win games, players do.

Systems are critical, but they must be adaptive to the talent on the field.

As soon as you're an incomplete roster looking for exact types of players to fill holes, or a key injury away from being in the same boat... game over