What type of coaching do you want to see this year?

....aggressive defense and a BALANCED offense......need the passing game to be a viable and threatening dimension.......don't care if one game it's 60% run/40% pass followed by 40%run/60% pass.....take what the defense gives you, respond and chalk up "W's".....I think Dennison knows what he has to accomplish with TT......kid's wheels have to be a viable option versus dire necessity IMO...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would love for the coach to be strict but fair. tough but positive. work hard but have fun. understand what the way that football is played these days (importance of the passing game). a good understanding of clock management, field position, situational football. i would love to see these working hard and having fun.

competent, unRex-like coaching. This means half-time adjustments, good play-calling, good clock management and accountability for executing game plans. Everything Rex did not do! Damn I hated that hiring. Two years of a Bills life wasted away.

...in reality, the top to bottom patchwork crap post Polian wasted SEVENTEEN years......tough to find another fan base that has been steadfastly loyal for that long a stretch....check and see....

I want organized. I want to hear less from McDermott about process, character, and the path. That craps plays out well in a MBA project but less so in athletics.

Give me prepared and organized. As many players have said, take away the thinking and play fast. That does not mean the players are dumb or unable to grasp concepts. It means that if a defense is predicated on 11 guys making the correct read and then making an athletic play, that is not a plan for long term success. Less thinking means less pre-snap adjustments. It means call a play, read the formation, read your keys, and go. Guys are much less likely to be out of position. And there is virtually no way a defense is going to fool most above average QB's.

The media wants to equate less thinking and not playing smart. The two have nothing to do with each other. They can play very smart by scheme, preparation, and actually looking at the LOS when the ball is snapped.

I want organized. I want to hear less from McDermott about process, character, and the path. That craps plays out well in a MBA project but less so in athletics.

Give me prepared and organized. As many players have said, take away the thinking and play fast. That does not mean the players are dumb or unable to grasp concepts. It means that if a defense is predicated on 11 guys making the correct read and then making an athletic play, that is not a plan for long term success. Less thinking means less pre-snap adjustments. It means call a play, read the formation, read your keys, and go. Guys are much less likely to be out of position. And there is virtually no way a defense is going to fool most above average QB's.

The media wants to equate less thinking and not playing smart. The two have nothing to do with each other. They can play very smart by scheme, preparation, and actually looking at the LOS when the ball is snapped.

Process leads to prepared and organized

Who cares? I want a coach that's successful and cultivates a winning atmosphere. There are coaches that have been successful who are quiet and mellow (Sean Payton, Walsh). Then there's been successful coaches that yell, bark and are hot heads (Ditka and Harbaugh). There's no right or wrong personality to succeed in this league.

Who cares? I want a coach that's successful and cultivates a winning atmosphere. There are coaches that have been successful who are quiet and mellow (Sean Payton, Walsh). Then there's been successful coaches that yell, bark and are hot heads (Ditka and Harbaugh). There's no right or wrong personality to succeed in this league.

I want a coach that has an awesome QB.

I wouldn't call Sean Payton mellow. Mike McCarthy I would consider mellow, Belichick stoic.... it is true that lots of different styles can win. What the winners all have in common is their detailed preparation.

Like Mike Holovak? Tom Landry? Or the "nattily attired Bill Bellichek" as Chris Berman would say?

I'm thinking Landry or Hank Stram.

Bellyache always looks like he mugged a homeless man for his sideline attire.