If Sammy has a breakout 2017 year - How will the office feel

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the time we drafted Watkins OBJ reminded me of Roscoe Parrish

Sometimes....you just get it wrong

Getting it wrong is ok...getting it wrong and giving up a coveted first round pick the next year is altogether clueless. Thanks for the memories Whales.

Sammy is the guy who said they need more structure and discipline when Rex left

the structure bar was set pretty low under the Ryan clowns. Edited by TPS

No way could they excercise the 5 tth year option as it was guarenteed for injury. (why that would be the case I do not know)

Too big of a risk. If he fails physical Mar of 2018 Bills on hook for all of the 15 mill or so for 2018.

If he does, he will be offered a big extension with us.

And we'll just never, ever know what would have happened if we had taken the 5th year. Maybe the bad injury trend just passed, maybe he was extra motivated by a contract year, we will never know. I just hope it happens! It's done, so I won't waste energy lamenting or complaining. (Though personally I would have taken the option.)

Management will regret not picking up his 5th year option, but we'll all be excited. Franchise tag him or sign him to long term deal.

Based on what exactly? Because, to date, Watkins is a bust. Edited by BillsFan17

Granted - that's if he remains healthy - but if he does have a great 2017 season, how will the front office feel and how should us the fanbase think afterwards ??

I personally thought it over and would not know how to feel cause the kid has pulled through for us when we most needed his efforts (hurt and all)

pay the kid is my first response.But not my final one.

I ascribe this to what I call the Flacco plan. I'd rather overpay more after they do something than overpay somewhat less out of fear that they might.

zen perspective. very balanced. and i agree.

I really Want to pay him the money he earned.

be careful though. he plays elite? he gets paid elite

You wouldn't know how you would feel if Watkins has a great season?

Lotta money might be invested into him on a long term contract. if i stew on it, i have mixed emoticons

I would imagine they'll back a Brink's truck up to his locker

and then how do we afford the Franchise QB we so dearly desire.

just kiddin. mostly...

I know the answer actually we draft him next year using Bills two firsts

I don't typically worry about the possibility of a Bills player doing great.

because it is so unusual, it IS a great topic. it might happen !

Edited by 3rdand12