RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

I didn't say "deep" out -- I said out. Those were the throws Sal mentioned.

I know....I just pointed out deep out because that is a difficult throw that does require arm strength.

A regular short out is not difficult and there isn't a QB in the NFL who doesn't have the arm strength for that.

I listened to Sal everyday he's on too.

The one I heard was Sal stating when Peterman knows where to go with the ball and makes the right decision early...he's fine. It's the throws where he's seeing something open up last second and trying to squeeze one in....that's where the arm strength issue is a problem.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know....I just pointed out deep out because that is a difficult throw that does require arm strength.

A regular short out is not difficult and there isn't a QB in the NFL who doesn't have the arm strength for that.

The one I heard was Sal stating when Peterman knows where to go with the ball and makes the right decision early...he's fine. It's the throws where he's seeing something open up last second and trying to squeeze one in....that's where the arm strength issue is a problem.

Good point. Hopefully as he becomes more comfortable with the offense those situations won't come up as often.

IOW when he doesn't have time to use proper mechanics?

• 2 weeks later...

After we start 2-6 we will get a good healthy dose of Nate, hopefully he plays well enough that we don't use a 1st on a QB.

can you give me the florida lottery numbers for sat. nite? I never seem to be able to hit the right ones and someone with your vision and ability to see in to the future could be a big help for sure.

let me try this, seems we have a little difference in OPINION as I don't see them going 2-6 and I most certainly don't see some 5th round scrub starting for this team?

just a difference in opinion is all, I'm sure...

can you give me the florida lottery numbers for sat. nite? I never seem to be able to hit the right ones and someone with your vision and ability to see in to the future could be a big help for sure.

let me try this, seems we have a little difference in OPINION as I don't see them going 2-6 and I most certainly don't see some 5th round scrub starting for this team?

just a difference in opinion is all, I'm sure...

Playing FFL is the same kind of thing, your looking at the schedule and past years stats and forming an opinion on what will happen barring injuries. Way too many holes in the senconday and we have a QB who cannot carry this team to victory with his arm. New HC, OC, DC and I don't think we have gotten better after losing Gilmore and Woods.

After we start 2-6 we will get a good healthy dose of Nate, hopefully he plays well enough that we don't use a 1st on a QB.

So the Bills are going to win 2 of these 8 games?

- Jets home

- at Carolina

- Denver home

- at Atlanta

- at Bengals

- Bucs home

- at Raiders

- at Jets

The win percentage of those 8 teams last year was 44.5%. That includes 2 teams that combined to win 23 of those 57 wins. I don't know how you see just 2 wins in that group? The Jets are 2 wins alone.

Peterman isn't starting games outside of injury (that assumes he beats out Cardale and Yates).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

- Jets home

- at Carolina

- Denver home

- at Atlanta

- at Bengals

- Bucs home

- at Raiders

- at Jets

The win percentage of those 8 teams last year was 44.5%. That includes 2 teams that combined to win 23 of those 57 wins. I don't know how you see just 2 wins in that group? The Jets are 2 wins alone.

Peterman isn't starting games outside of injury (that assumes he beats out Cardale and Yates).

The only 2 wins I see are against the Jets. Remove the Jets and give me the win % of the remaining teams.

- Jets home

- at Carolina

- Denver home

- at Atlanta

- at Bengals

- Bucs home

- at Raiders

- at Jets

If Peterman doesn't beat out Cardale or Yates he should be on the PS or cut immediately.

Because it would be real smart to put all of our eggs into the basket of a 5th round QB that looked good for half a year.

The only 2 wins I see are against the Jets. Remove the Jets and give me the win % of the remaining teams.

If Peterman doesn't beat out Cardale or Yates he should be on the PS or cut immediately.

53-42-1...if you pull out the top 2 as well (you can't just pull out the worst team) it is 30-33-1. That's about what the Bills are.

The Bills are going to win one of Denver or Carolina. They are going to win one of Bengals or Bucs. That's 4-4 right there.

The reports that I've heard are that the 3 guys competing for the #2 job were really bad in OTAs. The gap from Tyrod to those guys is massive.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Because it would be real smart to put all of our eggs into the basket of a 5th round QB that looked good for half a year.

I agree we have gone through such a bad streak of not having a QB that we need to make sure that never happens again. Even if Nate lights it up we still need to draft a QB.

Right...because looking at teams records from the pervious years is SOOOOO accurate a way of predicting wins...I'm going to run some statistical correlation functions in R to prove to people how ridiculous this is...

actually I don't have to...here is something right here:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/2/17/14647644/nfl-schedule-offseason-strength-of-schedule-prediction-metric-stupid

"The correlation coefficient between a team’s preseason strength of schedule and their eventual winning percentage is -0.0861. If you want mathematical proof that the slate for a team going into a season has almost nothing to do with how the season will turn out, well, there you go."

Meaning there is absolutely NO correlation to a "tough" schedule before the season starts to a tough schedule when the season is playing out.

In fact, if anything, it shows there might be a correlation to it being the OPPOSITE----teams with alledgedly hard schedules end up with easier schedules than thought, and vise versa

Edited by matter2003

.... can probably improve arm strength somewhat with S&C Coach and working on mechanics....don't see it as an absolute deal killer.....Jeff George had cannon arm strength and a popgun attitude...adios......Montana had average arm strength to go along with FOUR Lombardis....hell I'd take average arm strength and just ONE Buffalo Lombardi before kicking the bucket....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy