Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

Josh Rosen is the most talented passer in college since Andrew Luck, IMO. Brandon Beane and McDermott will covet his skill set, I hope 2017 is about securing the ammo neccesary to draft Rosen. He's a lock to go top 3......so lets hope the 2 #1s and some mid rounders are enough to go get him.

Here's a too early mock draft but trades will happen

http://www.metro.us/sports/2018-nfl-mock-draft-jets-pick-sam-darnold-or-josh-rosen

Josh Rosen was once the projected No. 1 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, but he's been passed by Sam Darnold and now even Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. NFL coaches and owners are wary of the sort of things Rosen has discussed to the media, and his open views could hurt him. Scouts have told us that his teammates don't like him either, so that's a major strike against him. And for the cherry on top, even if his high school coach criticized him. For more, you really need to check out the new NFL Draft Rumor Mill for scouts' thoughts on Rosen and the other quarterbacks.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

hmm

Unfiltered Josh Rosen speaks out about 'indentured servitude' of college football
Edited by ALF

Here's a too early mock draft but trades will happen

http://www.metro.us/sports/2018-nfl-mock-draft-jets-pick-sam-darnold-or-josh-rosen

Josh Rosen was once the projected No. 1 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, but he's been passed by Sam Darnold and now even Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. NFL coaches and owners are wary of the sort of things Rosen has discussed to the media, and his open views could hurt him. Scouts have told us that his teammates don't like him either, so that's a major strike against him. And for the cherry on top, even if his high school coach criticized him. For more, you really need to check out the new NFL Draft Rumor Mill for scouts' thoughts on Rosen and the other quarterbacks.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

hmm

Unfiltered Josh Rosen speaks out about 'indentured servitude' of college football

I think Rosen is the best the Bills can get next year. Talented but could fall because he is soft.

I'll second that--undeniable talent, but he shows signs of being a serious headcase.

I don't agree. Read this: http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/a-beautiful-brash-mind/

He wants to use his platform to help change the world. Nothing wrong with that. Jim Brown had some strong political views. Might be the best RB of all time. Rosen looks like the real deal. We would be lucky if he falls to us, the guy can sling it and talent-wise might be the best QB prospect in years

I don't agree. Read this: http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/a-beautiful-brash-mind/

He wants to use his platform to help change the world. Nothing wrong with that. Jim Brown had some strong political views. Might be the best RB of all time. Rosen looks like the real deal. We would be lucky if he falls to us, the guy can sling it and talent-wise might be the best QB prospect in years

I couldn't care less about his political views; I'm fare more worried about his decision-making. And I'm not alone:

http://thebiglead.com/2017/05/04/nfl-scout-and-executive-on-josh-rosen-tons-of-issues-and-a-mess-off-the-field/

I couldn't care less about his political views; I'm fare more worried about his decision-making. And I'm not alone:

http://thebiglead.com/2017/05/04/nfl-scout-and-executive-on-josh-rosen-tons-of-issues-and-a-mess-off-the-field/

blahh because he had a hot tub in his dorm room? he was a 19 yr old having fun and pushing the boundaries. who hasn't done stuff like that? he's not at the bars and doing drugs. nothing he has done has worried me and i'm usually the first one to say stay away (like with Manziel)

blahh because he had a hot tub in his dorm room? he was a 19 yr old having fun and pushing the boundaries. who hasn't done stuff like that? he's not at the bars and doing drugs. nothing he has done has worried me and i'm usually the first one to say stay away (like with Manziel)

No, it's because if I'm betting on a QB, I want to make sure the guy is going to make football a priority. I want a guy that loves the game and is more interested in being good at football than making himself a story.

I'm not saying that Rosen isn't that guy, but I am saying that the signs of him being more interested in his own personal agenda are there and should be monitored.

Josh Rosen is the most talented passer in college since Andrew Luck, IMO. Brandon Beane and McDermott will covet his skill set, I hope 2017 is about securing the ammo neccesary to draft Rosen. He's a lock to go top 3......so lets hope the 2 #1s and some mid rounders are enough to go get him.

Rosen needs LOTS OF WORK, plus he needs to work on his B word attitude.

He struggles mightily under pressure and out of the pocket.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Will tanking for a top pick become a trend?

With scouts currently salivating over the possible QB prospects who will be available next year, the Browns and Jets may both be poised to pick one, and other teams may need to follow suit to get a potential star at the QB position.

I wonder what the long term plan for QB for McD and Beane . McD and Whaley passed on Mahomes and Watson.

Edited by ALF

With scouts currently salivating over the possible QB prospects who will be available next year, the Browns and Jets may both be poised to pick one, and other teams may need to follow suit to get a potential star at the QB position.
I wonder what the long term plan for QB for McD and Beane . McD and Whaley passed on Mahomes and Watson.

I expect they will bring back Tyrod for 2018 and not draft a QB high. Again.

Probably not the case, that's why they added the 1st. They did it to be able to move up in 2018.

Nope. The only person who said that was Sal Capaccio who was tripping over himself after to justify the trade. Sean McD never said anything about getting a QB.

there had better be quite a few available because it looks like the JETS are on target to (officially) tank the season.

I expect they will bring back Tyrod for 2018 and not draft a QB high. Again.

Mr Anti TT said what?

Its Playoffs or bust for TT. (or a solid 10 win season)

dag nab it a few hours too late.

Nope. The only person who said that was Sal Capaccio who was tripping over himself after to justify the trade. Sean McD never said anything about getting a QB.

We get it; you are bitter about Mahomes. Logic dictates that is the plan unless Taylor improves. They have him on basically a 1 year deal and 2 first round picks in a QB heavy draft. There is no logic supporting that they will pass unless you are banking on Taylor becoming a franchise guy.

there had better be quite a few available because it looks like the JETS are on target to (officially) tank the season.

Mr Anti TT said what?

Its Playoffs or bust for TT. (or a solid 10 win season)

dag nab it a few hours too late.

They brought TT back after he failed last year. if Sean McD wins less than 8 games (which I expect) than he will be on the hot seat. Coaches on the hot seat stick with veteran QB's , even if they suck and don't want to draft and develop a rookie.

They brought TT back after he failed last year. if Sean McD wins less than 8 games (which I expect) than he will be on the hot seat. Coaches on the hot seat stick with veteran QB's , even if they suck and don't want to draft and develop a rookie.

It just might be that they had little choice with a new regime coming on.

If he was a long term solution they would have kept his old contract I'm guessin

Absolutely false.

He absolutely will not. The current team of McDermott and Beane will get at least three years to remake the football operation and team with their vision in mind.

We get it; you are bitter about Mahomes. Logic dictates that is the plan unless Taylor improves. They have him on basically a 1 year deal and 2 first round picks in a QB heavy draft. There is no logic supporting that they will pass unless you are banking on Taylor becoming a franchise guy.

I think that even if Tyrod has a good(winning) season, the Bills will draft a QB high.

Tyrod is pushing 30, and it would be a great opportunity to get a young studly QB to learn the game.

I can only guess on this matter, but I believe that the Bills acquired this extra first round pick with the intention of getting a potential franchise QB.

Ha ha, Jeff literally lost his mind after the draft when they passed on Mahomes. He's creating these weird narratives in his head and then passing them off as the likely scenario.

....exactly......Wrecks was a useless buffoon who had to go (NEVER should have been hired)....Marrone, despite his good traits and bad (rook HC though), was offered an extension by Pegula....4 years, $19.6 million.....Whaley and Brandon weren't warm 'n fuzzy with his General Patton like style especially when he wanted them at all TC meetings, some after practice and dinner until 9+PM at night.....so he took the $4 mil and ran.....green or not, McD comes from good pedigree, seems to be no nonsense hard nosed guy interested in winning football games...if not, why would Beane follow him here?.....if both were borderline, why would so many former VP's and Director of Pro Personnel guys have joined Beane's staff?.....Mahomes is not here, is not coming here and maybe Jeffrey should propagate his luvfest on the KC MB.......just plain obnoxious....

The idea that the Bills will draft a QB high is pure hope. Bills have a conservative, defensive coach as GM who just promised the Pegulas the playoffs or playoff contention (according to leroi).

They aren't turning over the ENTIRE organization and giving them a year. They basically told him "do what you need to do."

They aren't turning over the ENTIRE organization and giving them a year. They basically told him "do what you need to do."

I never said they get one year. But Sean's honeymoon is over if his big promises fall flat this year and then he will really focus on drafting for need.

He brought Tyrod back because he was the best option available. Your boy Mahomes isn't close to being ready to play at this point either. They have Tyrod on a 1 year prove it deal essentially with the resources to go all in on a QB next year. And there is zero chance McD is on the hot seat if he wins less than 8 games next year. None at all. You're just being super dramatic.

The idea that the Bills will draft a QB high is pure hope. Bills have a conservative, defensive coach as GM who just promised the Pegulas the playoffs or playoff contention (according to leroi).

He's conservative based on what?

He brought Tyrod back because he was the best option available. Your boy Mahomes isn't close to being ready to play at this point either. They have Tyrod on a 1 year prove it deal essentially with the resources to go all in on a QB next year. And there is zero chance McD is on the hot seat if he wins less than 8 games next year. None at all. You're just being super dramatic.

He's conservative based on what?

'He brought back Tyrod, clearly he's a punt at the 42 yard line kind of guy'

This is AWESOME.

We haven't even started 2017 and we're already thinking about the 2018 draft. #BillsMafia

This season has the feel of lame duck all over it. I'm not talking about coach or GM, the team as a whole.

I don't think I have cared less about a season in over 20 years

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.