Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

A site that's pretty solid with 40 data has his high 40 time as 4.62. I could live with that.

We're talking about a camp invite, didn't put him up there with Saquon :D

no way he runs that now after the ankle injury. He's 4.8 on a good day. His camp invite will be like the one Kenny Guiton got. Imho

no way he runs that now after the ankle injury. He's 4.8 on a good day. His camp invite will be like the one Kenny Guiton got. Imho

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Seems to have taken Laquon Treadwell a little time to get back to 100% after his injury.

Still a better RB than Brax is a WR :P

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Seems to have taken Laquon Treadwell a little time to get back to 100% after his injury.

Still a better RB than Brax is a WR :P

take that back! :sick: Brax a beast. Give the man a real QB ffs! :lol: Edited by YoloinOhio

Really not got into the class as much as I intended to for one reason or another. The guys I've watched enough of to feel comfortable:

1. Baker Mayfield (subject to physical thresholds being met)

2. Luke Falk

3. Mason Rudolph

4. Josh Allen

5. JT Barrett

I'll get through Darnold, Rosen, Francois, Mike White, Austin Allen, Logan Woodside at some point before CFB starts. Maybe a few others if DB puts up some more videos.

Will you be looking at Wilton Speight?

Will you be looking at Wilton Speight?

Is it true that he was born Robert and chooses to go by his middle name? That's UDFA **** right there :D

I watched quite a bit of the Wolverines OL last year and I'll probably look at some Mason Cole at some point as well. I'll cast an eye on Speight but I don't expect him to declare, thought he was pretty poor last year (from a pro prospect standpoint).

Is it true that he was born Robert and chooses to go by his middle name? That's UDFA **** right there :D

I watched quite a bit of the Wolverines OL last year and I'll probably look at some Mason Cole at some point as well. I'll cast an eye on Speight but I don't expect him to declare, thought he was pretty poor last year (from a pro prospect standpoint).

Declare? Isn't he a senior?

I would not be surprised if by February we are hearing "there might only be 1 or 2 first round talents in this class".

I would be shocked if that were the case. Rosen was being talked about since 8th grade. I'd set the over/under at 4 QBs going in the first round next year and 2 in the top 5. I wouldn't take under on either of those.

If anyone cares, my rankings going into the season will be:

1. Baker Mayfield

2. Josh Rosen

3. Luke Falk

4. Josh Allen

5. Sam Darnold

6. Mason Rudolph

Others I've looked at that could potentially receive draftable grades:

Jake Browning

Jarrett Stidham

Riley Ferguson

Clayton Thorson

Nick Fitzgerald

Wilton Speight

Johnny Stanton

Deondre Francois

Of course we care, Bandito. I rely on you guys to hold me accountable for my nonsense.

Just charted the Rudolph vs Baylor game. Perfect example of coming out with good accuracy stats but still being pretty terrible. Accurate on 28 of 37 throws (I don't include throwaways) but danced around in the pocket missing reads left, right and centre. I can certainly see why he's your '18 Paxton :D

If anyone cares, my rankings going into the season will be:

1. Baker Mayfield

2. Josh Rosen

3. Luke Falk

4. Josh Allen

5. Sam Darnold

6. Mason Rudolph

Others I've looked at that could potentially receive draftable grades:

Jake Browning

Jarrett Stidham

Riley Ferguson

Clayton Thorson

Nick Fitzgerald

Wilton Speight

Johnny Stanton

Deondre Francois

I'm excited to see Baker Mayfield against that Ohio State defense. He will be under serious pressure.

Come on Bandy, NO WAY IS Bakermayfield number one.

Darnold is and will be number one unless he falls off a cliff.

The beauty of opinion, you can always have your own ;)

I saw someone state that Sam "has a good head for football" and I can't stop seeing "Hey Darnold" in my head.

HA3_400x400.JPG

Definitely something I'm going to listen to this week - Bruce Feldman's interview with new Oklahoma HC Lincoln Riley. The mind behind Baker Mayfield.

https://soundcloud.com/the-audible/615-oklahoma-head-coach-lincoln-riley-on-taking-over-for-bob-stoops-baker-mayfields-punishment

Lincoln Riley is a Texas Tech guy and I think he may lean toward the passing game a bit more heavily now that he's completely calling the shots, and replacing their top 2 rushers. They do return their entire OL, QB and most of the defense.

As it relates to tOSU game, the quick passing game may help neutralize the Buckeye DL and expose the new group of DBs... but the Sooner defense couldn't stop tOSU offense in Norman last year and not sure that will get better this time around with the improvements that (we believe) have been made with the OC and QB coach change.

Mayfield reminds me of a shorter Mahomes.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Lincoln Riley is a Texas Tech guy and I think he may lean toward the passing game a bit more heavily now that he's completely calling the shots, and replacing their top 2 rushers. They do return their entire OL, QB and most of the defense.

As it relates to tOSU game, the quick passing game may help neutralize the Buckeye DL and expose the new group of DBs... but the Sooner defense couldn't stop tOSU offense in Norman last year and not sure that will get better this time around with the improvements that (we believe) have been made with the OC and QB coach change.

Mayfield reminds me of a shorter Mahomes.

There's so many unknowns for that Sooner offense this year. In terms of weapons, Mark Andrews is a bit of a beast (I'd love an Andrews/Worley battle all game long). Then there's Mead, Basquine and Kentucky grad transfer Jeff Badet (who led the SEC in YPC last year).

Looking at the games from 2016 I charted, I'd probably expect more passes with a lower ADoT.

There's so many unknowns for that Sooner offense this year. In terms of weapons, Mark Andrews is a bit of a beast (I'd love an Andrews/Worley battle all game long). Then there's Mead, Basquine and Kentucky grad transfer Jeff Badet (who led the SEC in YPC last year).

Looking at the games from 2016 I charted, I'd probably expect more passes with a lower ADoT.

is Andrews the TE?

is Andrews the TE?

Yep. I assume he'll declare with Mayfield leaving after this season, should see a ton of slot targets. For a 250+ pound guy, he's really freaking agile.

Kid has got a really good back story as well - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2496598-how-te-mark-andrews-overcame-near-death-experience-to-shine-for-oklahoma

Edited by Blokestradamus

Yep. I assume he'll declare with Mayfield leaving after this season, should see a ton of slot targets. For a 250+ pound guy, he's really freaking agile.

Kid has got a really good back story as well - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2496598-how-te-mark-andrews-overcame-near-death-experience-to-shine-for-oklahoma

i remember him from last year. I think he got hurt during the game. Looked like a beast.

i remember him from last year. I think he got hurt during the game. Looked like a beast.

Really excited about the potential TE crop in '18. Gesicki, Fumagalli (with the missing finger), Goedert, Wolf, Goolsby, Serigne.

I should brace myself for Bills fans loving Ryan Izzo though. They LOVE FSU TE's that run like they've **** their pants :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.