Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

Screw 2018. 19-0 in 2017 Baby

If that's the case we can.....Pick late for Speight

I've done initial work-ups on Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Browning, Rudolph, Falk, Thorson, Fitzgerald, Speight, Stanton, and Francois thus far

If I have to give a top grade, right now it goes to Mayfield, but I've identified 7-8 that I want to watch closely.

When will you have everything published on these QB's?

Have you gotten around to Stidham?

Not a QB, but I have to get my 2 cents in on Azeem Victor, the LB from Washington.

It's early, but I'll call my shot right now: he needs to be a Buffalo Bill in 2018...perfect fit for McDermott's scheme; reminds me a LOT of Thomas Davis.

Also seems to be a first-rate kid from a character perspective.

Can confirm that 2015 Baker Mayfield is still some kind of ridiculous Johnny Football/Matt Stafford love child. I forgot how much I adore the guy.

Finished up Luke Falk earlier and come out of it really impressed. Still needs to speed up his process and stop walking into pressure but he's definitely on the "potential 1st rounder" list for now. Graded out really well on his 11-20 yard throws.

Can confirm that 2015 Baker Mayfield is still some kind of ridiculous Johnny Football/Matt Stafford love child. I forgot how much I adore the guy.

Finished up Luke Falk earlier and come out of it really impressed. Still needs to speed up his process and stop walking into pressure but he's definitely on the "potential 1st rounder" list for now. Graded out really well on his 11-20 yard throws.

Do you see Falk as a high first or too early?

Do you see Falk as a high first or too early?

I did a mock draft a couple weeks ago for Yolo and gave Falk to the Bills with the KC pick (Vegas odds, early 20's).

Obviously difficult to say without knowing who declares etc. but he seems more of a later part of R1 type on talent.

I did a mock draft a couple weeks ago for Yolo and gave Falk to the Bills with the KC pick (Vegas odds, early 20's).

Obviously difficult to say without knowing who declares etc. but he seems more of a later part of R1 type on talent.

Who does he remind you of?

I am not going to read through hundreds of replies to check, but I am sure this has been said already.

No offense or criticism is intended or implied.

I just think it shows how far the Bills have fallen, when we are looking at the 2018 draft class in the Spring of 2017.

I am not going to read through hundreds of replies to check, but I am sure this has been said already.

No offense or criticism is intended or implied.

I just think it shows how far the Bills have fallen, when we are looking at the 2018 draft class in the Spring of 2017.

I can't speak for everyone else but, if the Bills win the Super Bowl next year, I'll be looking at guys to select #32 overall over the summer :D

Comparison didn't jump out at me so I'm not going to try and force it.

this is a great question...it might sound cliche but Falk reminds me of a combo between Joe Montana and Tom Brady...and no I'm not joking...

1- he doesn't have the strongest arm, yet it is very solid

2- excellent field vision and you can see him going through his progressions

3- good pocket awareness, doesn't always try to escape and run, but rather step up to make a pass

4- cool under pressure- knack for being clutch

5- most accurate passer in college football according to his stats

when all is said and done this kid will be a top 10 pick, maybe top 5 if Darnold doesn't declare...count on it...if Mahomes and Trubisky went top 10, Falk is much further along in his development.

Edited by JaCrispy

Maybe you should see how the season goes first, after all you liked mahomes who has less talent than Allen.

More talent at what? Allen can certainly improve but right now he is very overhyped based on what he has done, nothing. You might drool over 56 percent completion in the Mountain West, I think it's hilarious.

this is a great question...it might sound cliche but Falk reminds me of a combo between Joe Montana and Tom Brady...and no I'm not joking...

1- he doesn't have the strongest arm, yet it is very solid

2- excellent field vision and you can see him going through his progressions

3- good pocket awareness, doesn't always try to escape and run, but rather step up to make a pass

4- cool under pressure- knack for being clutch

5- most accurate passer in college football according to his stats

when all is said and done this kid will be a top 10 pick, maybe top 5 if Darnold doesn't declare...count on it...if Mahomes and Trubisky went top 10, Falk is much further along in his development.

Whoah!

Don't get me wrong, I really like Luke Falk and I think he has great potential to be a good QB in the NFL, but saying that he is a top 10 or top 5 pick next year is overstating his value right now.

I like how Falk carries himself, and I think he is a leader. I just don't think he can come into the league right now and play on opening day.

I would like to see him watch and learn for a year, before you throw him to the wolves.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on him this year. Right now, I don't think he's up there with the likes of Darnold, Rosen, Allen or maybe even Mayfield. Yet he can make a name for himself this season and work his way into that conversation.

Edited by Mark Vader

More talent at what? Allen can certainly improve but right now he is very overhyped based on what he has done, nothing. You might drool over 56 percent completion in the Mountain West, I think it's hilarious.

Completion percentage is not talent, nice misdirect. Allen is more physically gifted therefore more talented.

Who ever turns out better is anyone's guess, but at least see what the kid does this yr. Also keep in mind that he is in a pro style system not some spread with inflated completion percentages.

Whoah!

Don't get me wrong, I really like Luke Falk and I think he has great potential to be a good QB in the NFL, but saying that he is a top 10 or top 5 pick next year is overstating his value right now.

I like how Falk carries himself, and I think he is a leader. I just don't think he can come into the league right now and play on opening day.

I would like to see him watch and learn for a year, before you throw him to the wolves.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on him this year. Right now, I don't think he's up there with the likes of Darnold, Rosen, Allen or maybe even Mayfield. Yet he can make a name for himself this season and work his way into that conversation.

i agree with everything you posted, including Falk's value right now...

I'm gonna go out on a limb right now, and predict that by next years draft, Darnold will stay in school, and Falk will be the top QB taken...will he be ready to play right away? maybe, maybe not...

But consider this, Mitch Trubisky, who only started 13 games, was taken #2 overall, and one could argue that Falk is a better prospect than him.

Got through a few Luke Falk games this weekend; here were my summary notes from the work-up:

"Can STR fast (same w/ delivery), nice touch on seam routes, feet stay active, enough mobility to scramble, gets loose with feet under pressure (ball sails), average arm, will throw WR open"

I really focused on the Washington game, since that's about as close to facing an NFL defense as he's going to get in college football. It wasn't precisely a massacre, but he struggled with hitting targets in tight coverage or taking the top off the defense when Washington limited the YAC opportunities.

Got through a few Luke Falk games this weekend; here were my summary notes from the work-up:

"Can STR fast (same w/ delivery), nice touch on seam routes, feet stay active, enough mobility to scramble, gets loose with feet under pressure (ball sails), average arm, will throw WR open"

I really focused on the Washington game, since that's about as close to facing an NFL defense as he's going to get in college football. It wasn't precisely a massacre, but he struggled with hitting targets in tight coverage or taking the top off the defense when Washington limited the YAC opportunities.

He struggled because there were players in his lap all game.

He struggled because there were players in his lap all game.

He got pressure, yes. The high water mark for a QB is to defeat the pressure. The defense can always send more players than the offense can block, so in the end, it's the QB's job to beat the pressure.

Yes, he'll be surrounded by NFL-level talent at the next level, and that'll mitigate some of the limitations of the situation he's in right now. He also needs to be able to take advantage of the opportunities to hit plays that loosen up defenses--he had those against Washington and didn't always capitalize.

The point of focusing on that game is to identify traits that I can track as this season moves forward. The progress that a kid shows in those areas tells me a lot about his potential in the pros.

This is something worth watching IMO. There is plenty of room for growth in his game.

@NDTScouting

NEW: Developing as a deep passer the key to reaching next level as a prospect for #Heisman winning QB Lamar Jackson.

https://t.co/c3xPTcvqkV

@greggabe

Doing tape on Louisville's Lamar Jackson right now. I'll have his report up tomorrow on http://PFWeekly.com

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

He got pressure, yes. The high water mark for a QB is to defeat the pressure. The defense can always send more players than the offense can block, so in the end, it's the QB's job to beat the pressure.

Yes, he'll be surrounded by NFL-level talent at the next level, and that'll mitigate some of the limitations of the situation he's in right now. He also needs to be able to take advantage of the opportunities to hit plays that loosen up defenses--he had those against Washington and didn't always capitalize.

The point of focusing on that game is to identify traits that I can track as this season moves forward. The progress that a kid shows in those areas tells me a lot about his potential in the pros.

Tom Brady lost to the Giants twice because the pressure they were able to generate.

Even the best QBs in the game can struggle when there is enough pressure.

Tom Brady lost to the Giants twice because the pressure they were able to generate.

Even the best QBs in the game can struggle when there is enough pressure.

And he overcame the pressure against Seattle and the Giants.

You seem to be missing the point here.

So 3rd rounder.

@Hub_Arkush

Lamar Jackson’s comp? How about Michael Vick. @greggabe breaks down Jackson's NFL Draft potential for 2018

https://t.co/qdLIGKjMg9

He wishes he was Mike Vick

• 2 weeks later...

What's "STR"?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.