Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

Really excited about the potential TE crop in '18. Gesicki, Fumagalli (with the missing finger), Goedert, Wolf, Goolsby, Serigne.

I should brace myself for Bills fans loving Ryan Izzo though. They LOVE FSU TE's that run like they've **** their pants :D

Urban wanted Gesicki very badly - like to DeShaun Watson level. Every pass he catches is like twisting the knife. Edited by YoloinOhio

The beauty of opinion, you can always have your own ;)

I saw someone state that Sam "has a good head for football" and I can't stop seeing "Hey Darnold" in my head.

HA3_400x400.JPG

No he looks like this, lol.

http://orig01.deviantart.net/980b/f/2011/238/3/a/syndrome_aka_buddy_pine_by_alu87-d47wzg0.png

Also my opinions are facts :D

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Not sure if this the best place for this but here is future 1st round RB Derrius Guice squating 650 lbs.

https://twitter.com/AaronTMoffitt/status/878292492969545728

Fwiw, I think Guice will be a better pro than Fournette. I know that's not a popular opinion but that's what I think. I think that Barkley is better than both of them.

Not sure if this the best place for this but here is future 1st round RB Derrius Guice squating 650 lbs.

https://twitter.com/AaronTMoffitt/status/878292492969545728

Fwiw, I think Guice will be a better pro than Fournette. I know that's not a popular opinion but that's what I think. I think that Barkley is better than both of them.

i actually think that is the popular opinion

I just think Cardale is the man if they give him the right shot. I mean all he has done is win.

Except for winning that starting job at OSU. I get where you're coming from, but he's got a lot to prove. He's got tools for sure, but is he the whole package? I can hope....

@NFL_CFB

Don't be surprised if Sam Darnold puts off NFL draft. Prospect Intel from @TheOpening: http://on.nfl.com/VEcHRV

Perfect as the Bills true tank year will be next year when they don't have Sammy, Kyle or McCoy. I hope they don't reach for a QB this year as the top 3 will be long gone by the time Buffalo has a say.

Perfect as the Bills true tank year will be next year when they don't have Sammy, Kyle or McCoy. I hope they don't reach for a QB this year as the top 3 will be long gone by the time Buffalo has a say.

I hope they stand pat in the middle of the 1st round and Luke Falk falls right into their laps...

:lol: Goodell surrogates making sure there's watchable football next season.

If Sammy D has a good season, He's easily a top 3 pick.... I don't see him turning down the money and the chance to start.

I'm with you 34. If he is going to go early he will take the cash. Going back rarely works out for those guys.

I'm with you 34. If he is going to go early he will take the cash. Going back rarely works out for those guys.

I hope he does well to flood this draft. We need a situation where you don't have to be #1 or #2. We have some ammo, but only so much.

Darnold works the middle of the field like NO OTHER college QB in the game, hands down.

I've seen just 5 or 6 AWFUL throws from him that gave me pause... Put that up against a couple-dozen BIG TIME throws I wouldn't have expected him to make...

He's a gifted passer... His ability puts him in HIGH demand come draft time.

Edited by #34fan

He supposedly has small hands which would be a deterrent playing in Buffalo weather.

Jake Browning of Washington should not be overlooked. PAC-12 Player of the Year leading the Huskies to the Pac-12 Title and a berth in the College Football Playoff. Had 43 TD passes. Will be going into his junior year.

Admittedly I'm biased because he played in high school right down the road from me in Folsom, CA

Yup I agree. I like Browning a lot.

This is exhibit A of why the notion of tanking in the NFL is downright stupid.

Exhibit B of why doing a total rebuild makes a great deal of sense in the NFL is the other apparently very good QBs who'll be available.

And Exhibit C would be what Cleveland did last year, drafting a sensational defensive difference maker and still having a ton of draft capital and being able to take a very reasonable flier on Kizer because of all the capital they have.

Rebuilding isn't a guarantee. But it raises your odds. A lot if your talent is mediocre and you need a QB and difference makers.

Exhibit B of why doing a total rebuild makes a great deal of sense in the NFL is the other apparently very good QBs who'll be available.

And Exhibit C would be what Cleveland did last year, drafting a sensational defensive difference maker and still having a ton of draft capital and being able to take a very reasonable flier on Kizer because of all the capital they have.

Rebuilding isn't a guarantee. But it raises your odds. A lot if your talent is mediocre and you need a QB and difference makers.

Apparently is the key word there with regard to the available good QBs in the '18 draft and we'll see where the Browns end up in the long run.

If anyone cares, my rankings going into the season will be:

1. Baker Mayfield

2. Josh Rosen

3. Luke Falk

4. Josh Allen

5. Sam Darnold

6. Mason Rudolph

Others I've looked at that could potentially receive draftable grades:

Jake Browning

Jarrett Stidham

Riley Ferguson

Clayton Thorson

Nick Fitzgerald

Wilton Speight

Johnny Stanton

Deondre Francois

Seeing as you put Josh Rosen ahead of Sam Darnold, I have to ask: have you watched, I mean really watched, all of these QBs? I doubt there's a single NFL scout who'd do that so that, and putting Mayfield numero uno (!), makes your entire list suspect to me. You also left out McSorley.

Seeing as you put Josh Rosen ahead of Sam Darnold, I have to ask: have you watched, I mean really watched, all of these QBs? I doubt there's a single NFL scout who'd do that so that, and putting Mayfield numero uno (!), makes your entire list suspect to me. You also left out McSorley.

If I rank a guy, it's because I've watched at least 2-3 full games' worth of throws multiple times.

I've got mayfield at 1 because he's the best combination of pure passer ability and athleticism.

I don't see a round 1 QB in Darnold at the moment, and speculating about what pro scouts would say is just that: speculation.

Re McSorely, he's not on my list because I haven't watched him yet.

If anyone cares, my rankings going into the season will be:

1. Baker Mayfield

2. Josh Rosen

3. Luke Falk

4. Josh Allen

5. Sam Darnold

6. Mason Rudolph

Others I've looked at that could potentially receive draftable grades:

Jake Browning

Jarrett Stidham

Riley Ferguson

Clayton Thorson

Nick Fitzgerald

Wilton Speight

Johnny Stanton

Deondre Francois

No love for Quinton Flowers?.. App State's Taylor Lamb?.. WKU's Mike White?

Please tell me you have some sort of feelings left for Kenny Hill! :cry:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.