Official First Round Hopes and Expectation:

If this is an inappropriate mew thread, mods please remove it. I am only posting this so it can be referred to in days to come, if anyone is that much of a fanatic. :)

I respect all opinions and I'm curious as to who fellow posters actually want us to draft.

Hopes:

1) I would like to see a qb at #10. My choice would be Watson if he is there. He may bust out but if he doesn't, we win football games and have some value in Tyrod. It's all good.

2) If no qb, trade down if we can get AT LEAST another 2nd round pick. A 3rd and a 2018 first would be great. If we go back to 20 or lower, I want Cam Robinson. A solid RT would help Tyrod AND the run game. We are presently weak at RT and teams can and will exploit this.

3) If we stay at 10 and don't take a qb, I hope Jonathan Allen is there. He is a great player with a great attitude.

Hey, sorry for picking Tide players but these are the guys I watch, and have seen them in all of their games.

Expectations:

Despite the depth at secondary in this draft, I am almost certain that we will draft a defensive back. This even if we do not trade down. I am thinking safety, but a corner wouldn't surprise me. It's the way we roll. :(

Also, allow me to thank the TSW posters and especially the draftniks. As rough as things can get being a Bills Fan, you folks keep it fun and entertaining, and provide the best sports dialogue on the web. I mean this. Thanks also to the mods and SDS.

Enjoy the draft!!!

God bless you all and GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, I know you more than anyone would hate to see a DB taken at #10, but in this draft I would prefer to see them look at DB in the second and/or third rounds. We could even see some top talent (Conley, Jones) fall that far because of various issues that may end up not being issues at all. I don't want a Q at #10 but if the staff has a plan I'm more than willing to hear them out. There are some really interesting prospects at the quarterback position this year. All in all this should be a very exciting draft!

Expectations:

Despite the depth at secondary in this draft, I am almost certain that we will draft a defensive back. This even if we do not trade down. I am thinking safety, but a corner wouldn't surprise me. It's the way we roll. :(

Interesting choice of words but this is not the Tide :)

I want BPA.

With the EJ failure and the fact that you never know what round a franchise QB is picked I don't want a QB in the 1st.

Having said that I will have my Buffalo Bills shot glass in hand...

Bill, I know you more than anyone would hate to see a DB taken at #10, but in this draft I would prefer to see them look at DB in the second and/or third rounds. We could even see some top talent (Conley, Jones) fall that far because of various issues that may end up not being issues at all. I don't want a Q at #10 but if the staff has a plan I'm more than willing to hear them out. There are some really interesting prospects at the quarterback position this year. All in all this should be a very exciting draft!

You'd better believe Conley has fallen off Kim Pegula's board.

Which means no Conley.

What do I want? Hope. That probably means a QB. Brad Kaaya is the only guy outside Mahomes/Trubisky/Watson that would give me hope. I definitely don't want Kizer. I don't think he has any fire in his belly. QB is probably not the logical choice, so I'm not going to even try to defend it as the right thing to do. I just want to ride the ride. I'm not actually defying death on a roller coaster, but they are entertaining. We're not actually going to win a Super Bowl with any of this year's QBs, but maybe they'll at least be entertaining. I've seen the Tyrod Show, meh.

You can pick apart when we get that QB and the right value for the pick, but I want my powerball ticket. Also, I don't want the Jets taking one of the QBs. I don't need to finally see the sunset of the Pats Cheating Regime to watch it give way to ten years of Jets dominance. The only people who could possibly be more obnoxious than Bostonians are in New York City. Not in any way meant as a shot at the thread starter, just a general observation that there are some seriously arrogant people in NYC.

Edited by ocemur

Hey Bill,

We have very similar outlooks.

I want a QB, prefer Mitch T. (know he won't be there) would be happy with Watson. If/when that doesn't happen I would hope for a trade down or Corey Davis. I fully expect another first round DB.

Edited by Buddy Hix

who ever it is, I hope they're successful at the next level and help the team going forward.

what time do you think they will be picking?

15 mins on the clock, pick 10.

along with commercials I would guess some where around 10 est?

pip.png

GO BILLS!!!

going to be a long night if they trade down!

who ever it is, I hope they're successful at the next level and help the team going forward.

what time do you think they will be picking?

15 mins on the clock, pick 10.

along with commercials I would guess some where around 10 est?

pip.png

GO BILLS!!!

Good news ! I believe it's only ten minutes for each pick in round 1. Can someone confirm ?

Good news ! I believe it's only ten minutes for each pick in round 1. Can someone confirm ?

I had looked it up a week or so ago. 15 rd 1, 10 2nd rd and remaining rounds 5 mins

During the draft, one team is always on the clock. In round one, teams have 15 minutes to make their choice. The decision time drops to 10 minutes in the second round and to five minutes in rounds three through seven. If a team doesn't make a decision in their given time, the next team can pick before them, and the team that missed its turn can submit its selection at any time after their time is up.

source:http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/nfl-draft2.htm

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

There is zero chance of the following:

1) we draft a QB tonight

2) we don't trade back (my guess is to 31 for next years 2nd)

3) I'm right on any prediction.

4) I wake up happy.

LOL! Moving down 21 spots will have to include this year's 2nd as well as next year's 1st. At least.

If this is an inappropriate mew thread, mods please remove it. I am only posting this so it can be referred to in days to come, if anyone is that much of a fanatic. :)

I respect all opinions and I'm curious as to who fellow posters actually want us to draft.

Hopes:

1) I would like to see a qb at #10. My choice would be Watson if he is there. He may bust out but if he doesn't, we win football games and have some value in Tyrod. It's all good.

2) If no qb, trade down if we can get AT LEAST another 2nd round pick. A 3rd and a 2018 first would be great. If we go back to 20 or lower, I want Cam Robinson. A solid RT would help Tyrod AND the run game. We are presently weak at RT and teams can and will exploit this.

3) If we stay at 10 and don't take a qb, I hope Jonathan Allen is there. He is a great player with a great attitude.

Hey, sorry for picking Tide players but these are the guys I watch, and have seen them in all of their games.

Expectations:

Also, allow me to thank the TSW posters and especially the draftniks. As rough as things can get being a Bills Fan, you folks keep it fun and entertaining, and provide the best sports dialogue on the web. I mean this. Thanks also to the mods and SDS.

Enjoy the draft!!!

God bless you all and GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may not be on point for the intent of the thread but:

I hope they draft a QB but not at #10.

I expect they won't get a QB unless they do it at 10.

This may not be on point for the intent of the thread but:

I hope they draft a QB but not at #10.

I expect they won't get a QB unless they do it at 10.

i am almost completely the opposite. i want them to get a qb at 10, or else just roll with cardale as the developmental guy. of course there are exceptions, but this is my gut feeling/knee jerk (pre) reaction.

i am almost completely the opposite. i want them to get a qb at 10, or else just roll with cardale as the developmental guy. of course there are exceptions, but this is my gut feeling/knee jerk (pre) reaction.

I hear ya. If they like the QB, go get him, I'm cool with that. Everything I read is it will be another EJ reach but I admit that I know nothing.

Looks like we just traded down. Fascinating

Edited by LI_Bills