Andre Holmes claims he isn't signed, Reporters disagree

FireChan

Geezus...another thread taken over by non sense. Man, since the board merger, its impossible to have a thread stay on topic and impossible to keep up with it unless you have time to read 20+ pages everytime and sift through influx of doom and gloom, everything the Bills do is wrong, we need to be like Cleveland, we need to be like NE, Whaley is the worst, TT will doom us no matter what. I mean the thread can be about a non Bills player/topic and it will go down the same stupid paths. It can be about a kicker, ex player, a player rumored to be available via trade, a possible scenario between two teams not involving the bills...doesnt matter, all those same narratives show up EVERY time. Getting hard to be around here right now and what should be an exciting time of year.

I mean, I am starting to miss the "Ralph is Cheap" people its so bad around here right now.

So rather than sift through all the nonsense, can someone just clarify if Holmes has been confirmed to have signed, confirmed he wont be signing here, or if its still undecided? I would appreciate it...thanks in advance.

It must have been hell at BBMB. It sure feels like they've transported the flame over here.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must have been hell at BBMB. It sure feels like they've transported the flame over here.

This place had plenty of it prior...but its like a Tsunami now of just doom in every thread no matter the topic and it never once stay on topic. We could talk about an intern in the media department and it would go 20+ pages of TT sucks, Whaley Sucks, everything we do is wrong, we should be like the Browns, etc.

Thank you Yolo, appreciate it. I would actually really like this signing, so hoping it becomes official. This is what Whaley has been one of the best at in the NFL as GM, finding really good value in FA, and I think this kid will prove to be the kind of value we got in guys like MG, Lorenzo, etc.

....Bflo reportedly offered him 3 years, $4.5 mil but guaranteed money is not revealed.....played under 1 year, $2 mil deal with Raiders last year with $750K guaranteed....but he ended up earning the full $2 mil....OBD may have to sweeten the pot a bit................

....Bflo reportedly offered him 3 years, $4.5 mil but guaranteed money is not revealed.....played under 1 year, $2 mil deal with Raiders last year with $750K guaranteed....but he ended up earning the full $2 mil....OBD may have to sweeten the pot a bit................

Thanks again! Hoping we get this done...wont be a doomsday scenario if we don't, but I think this kid has a lot of potential to out play his contract here.

Thanks again! Hoping we get this done...wont be a doomsday scenario if we don't, but I think this kid has a lot of potential to out play his contract here.

....OBD rented Hunter for $556K and let 'em walk.....so I assume they weren't thrilled, otherwise they would have re-signed him.....this kid seems to have a bigger upside and he's only worth $1 mil/yr more?..paid Goodwin $850K in an astonishing injury free season.....bad more to let 'em escape IMO...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....as soon as BBMB lowered "sign up standards" to PG-13 and Fisher-Price went wi-fi nationwide in day care centers, it went to hell in a nanosecond...............

any update today ? I would like this to happen

....nope.....I'm thinking 3 year, $4.5 mil (guaranteed $$ not disclosed) is light.....Raiders guaranteed him $750k in 2016 but he earned the full $2 mil of his one year deal......Jesus, we're not talking Jeffreys money here.....UNLESS....the WR core is already SOLID (cough)..............

....nope.....I'm thinking 3 year, $4.5 mil (guaranteed $$ not disclosed) is light.....Raiders guaranteed him $750k in 2016 but he earned the full $2 mil of his one year deal......Jesus, we're not talking Jeffreys money here.....UNLESS....the WR core is already SOLID (cough)..............

Guaranteed was in the low 2's. If Woods got 4 years 34 mill. Why would Holmes sign for 3 and 4.5 mill? He is a better receiver than that.

So we are looking at Sammy and a handfull of interchangeable #5 WRs? I would have rather just used the money Tyrod saved us to bring back Woods move him to the slot and then just draft an outside guy at 10. Tyrod probably took a pay cut figuring the Bills were going to give him more weapons this year. So far we have less. We certainly didn't start with a ton and now what we had, looks good.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

So we are looking at Sammy and a handfull of interchangeable #5 WRs? I would have rather just used the money Tyrod saved us to bring back Woods move him to the slot and then just draft an outside guy at 10. Tyrod probably took a pay cut figuring the Bills were going to give him more weapons this year. So far we have less. We certainly didn't start with a ton and now what we had, looks good.

Another doom and gloom post from you, how novel

Geezus...another thread taken over by non sense. Man, since the board merger, its impossible to have a thread stay on topic and impossible to keep up with it unless you have time to read 20+ pages everytime and sift through influx of doom and gloom, everything the Bills do is wrong, we need to be like Cleveland, we need to be like NE, Whaley is the worst, TT will doom us no matter what. I mean the thread can be about a non Bills player/topic and it will go down the same stupid paths. It can be about a kicker, ex player, a player rumored to be available via trade, a possible scenario between two teams not involving the bills...doesnt matter, all those same narratives show up EVERY time. Getting hard to be around here right now and what should be an exciting time of year.

I mean, I am starting to miss the "Ralph is Cheap" people its so bad around here right now.

So rather than sift through all the nonsense, can someone just clarify if Holmes has been confirmed to have signed, confirmed he wont be signing here, or if its still undecided? I would appreciate it...thanks in advance.

I remember members posting that it was possible to block certain user's posts. This might help you sift through the nonsense.

Does anyone know if/how you can do this on the mobile version?

Edited by spillerhighlife

I remember members posting that it was possible to block certain user's posts. This might help you sift through the nonsense.

You can block a poster on the regular site and the settings carry through on mobile.

I've never tried blocking on mobile first

....as soon as BBMB lowered "sign up standards" to PG-13 and Fisher-Price went wi-fi nationwide in day care centers, it went to hell in a nanosecond...............

I think this should be part of your sig here, but you should give credit - LOL.

I would be happy with the signing, but either way it is not the end of the world. He is a replacement piece for 2 other bodies that are gone. I think he has more talent than Hunter and can play ST as well as Easley - so it becomes a 2 for deal and I think he can help if/when Sammy misses games, but I do not think he would be the #2. I think they are still looking at the draft for that.

Holmes just announced on Twitter that he is NOT visiting Buffalo today; apparently he was discussing POTENTIAL flight and hotel options with his agent but NOTHING HAS BEEN BOOKED YET. So stay tuned, he may end up finding a lower fare.

Maybe it was ploy to get the Pegulas to sent their jet.

FWIW, my brother is a Raiders' fan. He said Holmes was a very frustrating WR. He said the guy will drop an easy slant, but then make some insane catch over two DB's while doing a mid-air somersault. Apparently he can make some plays, but has concentration related drops. Would still be a decent pickup for us, but don't expect him to be anymore than a 3 or 4 on the depth chart with some ST value.

Hopefully a disciplinary coach will be good for him.

This place had plenty of it prior...but its like a Tsunami now of just doom in every thread no matter the topic and it never once stay on topic. We could talk about an intern in the media department and it would go 20+ pages of TT sucks, Whaley Sucks, everything we do is wrong, we should be like the Browns, etc.

Yes you can block and due to this thread added two of the orphan children we were forced to accept as refugees.

It appears as soon as they went to a team with a 'fan friendly' coach they went out of control,

Unfortunately blocking is not as useful as you would think due to quoting.

Check out @dreholmes18's Tweet: https://twitter.com/dreholmes18/status/843162042366418944?s=09

Appears that he's staying.

Sweet!

IMO this gives the WR depth chart a pretty nice boost. He is easily the #3 WR, and maybe the #2 the way the current WR depth chart sits right now. If the Bills can find a #2 WR before the season starts, and slide Holmes and all the other guys they've signed down 1 spot, I think our WR depth chart looks better than last year.

Edited by BillsFan4