Andre Holmes claims he isn't signed, Reporters disagree

FireChan

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me that a player should definitively know whether or not he used a pen to scribble his name on a paper that gave him millions of dollars in exchange for spending a given amount of time with an NFL franchise. It should be clear to a player whether or not they did this occur either way.

Only in Buffalo.

both the player and the team have said he didn't sign. It was an error by the nflpa - filed incorrectly as a signing and it was only an offer.

both the player and the team have said he didn't sign. It was an error by the nflpa - filed incorrectly as a signing and it was only an offer.

Yeah verified on the local news tonight. Kinda sucks though, now every other team knows the Bills offer.

:censored: you nflpa.

I would like it if we signed this guy. I've seen many Raiders games and he is buried on their roster.

He would be a very good addition.

Complete ****ing retard. God how I wish BBMB was still up

Wow, what time period do you live in? Dropping the R-Word like that to throw shade at another poster for some petty disagreement you're having over the Internet on a Buffalo Bills MessageBoard. Get ahold of yourself, please. You degrade the human race when you so casually toss around hate speech. I'll leave you with this.. I'd be willing to bet a good portion of this board has a family member or friend who faces the world each day with bigger barriers to overcome than you can imagine. Take a class in sensitivity...

Oh and this is not *Sarcasm* but I'm sure it could be taken that way and this is why that method of humor, which is dependent on tone or interactive mediums that would show a persons expression, rarely hits home here.

But you'll keep trying won't ya?

Signing with the bills is like !@#$ing the fat chick...Sometimes it's the only available option you just hope no one finds out

Wow, what time period do you live in? Dropping the F-Word like that to throw shade at another poster for some petty disagreement you're having over the Internet on a Buffalo Bills MessageBoard. Get ahold of yourself, please. You degrade the human race when you so casually toss around hate speech. I'll leave you with this.. I'd be willing to bet a good portion of this board has a family member or friend who faces the world each day with bigger barriers to overcome than you can imagine. Take a class in sensitivity...

Wow, what time period do you live in? Dropping the F-Word like that to throw shade at another poster for some petty disagreement you're having over the Internet on a Buffalo Bills MessageBoard. Get ahold of yourself, please. You degrade the human race when you so casually toss around hate speech. I'll leave you with this.. I'd be willing to bet a good portion of this board has a family member or friend who faces the world each day with bigger barriers to overcome than you can imagine. Take a class in sensitivity...

Sounds like it hit home Cripple.

Spring a leak? She mend ya?

TSW reaction after learning of signing: he sucks. Whaley sucks. Comp picks!!!

TSW reaction after learning the news was an error: Wtf! We actually want him!

Classic.

Could be or they are adding depth since we had to grab people off the streets last season to play WR due to all the injuries.

Considering the rate our wr's went down last year we can never have too many. Get Corey Davis @10. I think Holmes has more impact than Philly....

Actually that's not true, at all. No one actually knows which players count and which don't. Look no further than the 2016 comp picks Buffalo recieved. The official NFL comms release says for the purpose of comp picks in 2015 the Bills lost these players:

Searcy

Pears

Spiller

Lee Smith

The Bills gained via FA:

Tyrod Taylor

As I'm sure you know, Taylor wasn't the only FA they signed. They also signed Felton, Harvin, Carrington, Connor and Simms. All UFAs. Technically they signed Incognito as well and he was an UFA too but I'm sure him being out of the NFL can't count as a loss against a team.

And yet, the Bills got 2 comp picks.

It's not that confusing actually. The amount of picks that you get the picks based on UFAs in vs. UFAs out and the quality of picks that you get is based on the perceived quality of players lost vs. players acquired.

In your example, Felton does not count in the formula because he was allowed to opt out of his contract with Minnesota in exchange for taking a pay cut the year before; Harvin was released from the Jets; Carrington was signed after the draft; Connor was not on a 53 man roster to start the previous year; and Simms was claimed off off waivers - not signed as a UFA.

UFAs as it pertains to bring eligible for compensation primarily means a player on an expiring contract only.

Anyone who can read understands this, just like anyone with the smallest bit of humor gets the comp pick fascination.

I didn't know exactly what happened at first, a poster clarified it for me and now I understand. However, I cant stay mad at someone who just posted a hilarious reply like the one you did on the offended poster. Well played.

Really?? The R word??

You sound like Obama. An ignorant elitist that probably doesn't even realize or care who they offend. Feel free to go away!

Oh boy..

So now you're coming to bat for your buddy by bashing Obama for being an ignorant Elitist?

And I'm to believe I am an ignorant Elitist because I am bothered by hate speech.

If you must know, I work for an agency that places different populations in positions across a variety of career paths. Some of these individuals have varying levels of intelligence. I can assure you that the word in question is just as offensive as hate speech based on skin color or sexual orientation.

Is it asking too much to get through a thread where overly entitled OG board members don't toss out the same bait over and over looking for a laugh or complain once again that a public forum just had an influx of new members?

I guess I expect a lil more from fans who've passionately followed a losing football team. Yet it always comes down to this. Cowards trying to push their weight around.

I'm not going anywhere.

Back onto topic. I really could give a sh*t about a comp pick. I tried to get that point across in a different thread about said types of picks, explaining how we had too many open roster spots to not sign people. I personally hope we do sign Holmes. He's a big body WR who, when given the chance, had pretty solid production. I hope we sign Claiborne as well. I hope we sign every player we can that makes the team better. If it's Whaley's way of pissing in the Corn Flakes of the Buffalo masses, ruining the hopes of all those looking to put their faith in the NFL to hand us a couple extra picks, then tell them all to grab a spoon and shovel away.

Oh boy..

So now you're coming to bat for your buddy by bashing Obama for being an ignorant Elitist?

And I'm to believe I am an ignorant Elitist because I am bothered by hate speech.

If you must know, I work for an agency that places different populations in positions across a variety of career paths. Some of these individuals have varying levels of intelligence. I can assure you that the word in question is just as offensive as hate speech based on skin color or sexual orientation.

Is it asking too much to get through a thread where overly entitled OG board members don't toss out the same bait over and over looking for a laugh or complain once again that a public forum just had an influx of new members?

I guess I expect a lil more from fans who've passionately followed a losing football team. Yet it always comes down to this. Cowards trying to push their weight around.

I'm not going anywhere.

I believe that he was responding to H2O, not you.

I don't want to hijack this thread away from it's original intent of talking about a WR, but I would like to side with you about the casual use of the "R" word on this board. My son is autistic and I see the struggles he, and we as his family, deal with daily. I wouldn't want anyone dismissing him with a callous word.

I guess some people haven't experienced having a loved one with developmental delays, but please know that that word is hateful. The English language is full of other colorful options that can make the same point without offending whole segments of the population.

I believe that he was responding to H2O, not you.

I don't want to hijack this thread away from it's original intent of talking about a WR, but I would like to side with you about the casual use of the "R" word on this board. My son is autistic and I see the struggles he, and we as his family, deal with daily. I wouldn't want anyone dismissing him with a callous word.

I guess some people haven't experienced having a loved one with developmental delays, but please know that that word is hateful. The English language is full of other colorful options that can make the same point without offending whole segments of the population.

I apologize my friend