Filling the #2 WR via the draft...

I think attempting to fill the #2 WR spot via the draft, and expect that player to start from day 1 is a risky proposition. Even if they draft Williams or Davis at #10 overall, there is no way to know if they can be make an immediate transition to NFL every down player...and be successful at it. Compounding this potential problem, you have Sammy and a bunch of 3-4-5 WR's. In that scenario, pray that Watkins does not get hurt, or the season goes down the toilet in a hurry...I don't care how good you can run the ball.

Unfortunately, I don't know what Plan B would be at this point. Trade?

I think attempting to fill the #2 WR spot via the draft, and expect that player to start from day 1 is a risky proposition. Even if they draft Williams or Davis at #10 overall, there is no way to know if they can be make an immediate transition to NFL every down player...and be successful at it. Compounding this potential problem, you have Sammy and a bunch of 3-4-5 WR's. In that scenario, pray that Watkins does not get hurt, or the season goes down the toilet in a hurry...I don't care how good you can run the ball.

You can really say that about every position. I mean we all knew were in trouble if we believed Ragland and Lawson were going to turn around the entire defense in their first NFL season.

If you draft a guy at 10, he has to start.

Pretty much. Drafting anyone at 10 other than QB is an automatic must start anywhere in the NFL. Even a QB at 10 would be a must start in the right situation.

We're not asking the guy to be a #1. If the 10th pick cant be a #2 WR lord help us.

Pretty much. Drafting anyone at 10 other than QB is an automatic must start anywhere in the NFL. Even a QB at 10 would be a must start in the right situation.

We're not asking the guy to be a #1. If the 10th pick cant be a #2 WR lord help us.

I honestly don't see how a WR picked at #10 wouldn't start as a #2 receiver. Now, I think you can debate who is the bigger pick and fit for the system, but both Williams and Davis are slotted to be the #1 on many teams. Either one I think would be fine working with Sammy.

After that though, I don't know many sure things. So I want one or the other.

I think MW has a higher ceiling, but Davis is polished and has a lower floor.

The only thing i can say to this is the quality of the first 1-5 wr's in this draft is high....and they would not come in as the number 1 option (that would be Sammy)

Also....something tells me Dennison uses his tight ends a LOT.....

Call Jacksonville an see if they would part with Hurns or Lee... Theres always Agholor from Philly..

Jacksonville just locked up Hurns last summer, he is a great UDFA story. I think he got 20 mil guaranteed or something around there. Agholor has been a disappointment in Philly I'm not sure how they see him going forward but he looks like much the same - not good enough.

I am sure the Bills want a starting WR out of the draft.. If they can't fill #2 in FA they best get close in the draft.

@10? i want a #1 wr

at sixteen, i will take a number two starter.

Pissed Justin Hunter got picked up.
Hope Bills know what they are doing for the passing game

Jacksonville just locked up Hurns last summer, he is a great UDFA story. I think he got 20 mil guaranteed or something around there. Agholor has been a disappointment in Philly I'm not sure how they see him going forward but he looks like much the same - not good enough.

for a 5th?

I am sure the Bills want a starting WR out of the draft.. If they can't fill #2 in FA they best get close in the draft.

@10? i want a #1 wr

at sixteen, i will take a number two starter.

Pissed Justin Hunter got picked up.

Hope Bills know what they are doing for the passing game

for a 5th?

That same 5th could have landed you a Geronimo Allison type (credit to Gunner) he was all over him before the draft. You would have to ask the draft guys, but I would guess you could get better value for that 5th than Aggy. He hasn't done anything on the field and if I remember correctly he fell out of favor with both coaching staffs he was under. Edited by Commonsense

That same 5th could have landed you a Geronimo Allison type (credit to Gunner) he was all over him before the draft. You would have to ask the draft guys, but I would guess you could get better value for that 5th than Aggy. He hasn't done anything on the field and if I remember correctly he fell out of favor with both coaching staffs he was under.

Well i will leave that to folks who watch more than i do then.

My opinion was more of a , I have seen him play once or twice.

Thanks for helping me get perspective : )

I don't believe the Bills go WR at 10, but I think O J Howard is a real possibility there, because of Dennison's offense & because he appears to be a generational talent.

then how do we fill out the rec corp?

not to discount your thought, Mack

Michael Thomas / Tajae Sharpe / Malcolm Mitchell / Tyreek Hill / Sterling Shepard....all taken after the 1st round last year and all made impacts in year 1. It's a risk / reward proposition, but immediate contributors can be found throughout the draft. Between Brown / Butler / Listenbee / Lewis / Powell / rookies, we may find someone who can play or we may not and need to keep fishing, but regardless of who we bring in the passing game is still likely to primarily run through Sammy / Clay / Shady and the focus of our offense is going to be on the ground.

There is a thread on Bryant out there as well. He has tons of issues but is probably "gettable" and would absolutely upgrade the position. Can he stay on the field? The same goes for Josh Gordon. Those are a couple of dice rolls (but probably not guys that you can count on). They may allow you to wait a little while though before drafting a guy.

Michael Thomas / Tajae Sharpe / Malcolm Mitchell / Tyreek Hill / Sterling Shepard....all taken after the 1st round last year and all made impacts in year 1. It's a risk / reward proposition, but immediate contributors can be found throughout the draft. Between Brown / Butler / Listenbee / Lewis / Powell / rookies, we may find someone who can play or we may not and need to keep fishing, but regardless of who we bring in the passing game is still likely to primarily run through Sammy / Clay / Shady and the focus of our offense is going to be on the ground.

You can find "guys" that overachieve for sure. How many of those teams were counting on those guys to be their #2 on opening day prior to the draft? That is the problem. You may get lucky and find a guy but you cant bank on that guy as an opening day starter and that is what the Bills currently need.

What about Tyler Boyd? He played well as a rook.

The only thing i can say to this is the quality of the first 1-5 wr's in this draft is high....and they would not come in as the number 1 option (that would be Sammy)

Also....something tells me Dennison uses his tight ends a LOT.....

Trade or pickup a fringe #2/3 WR draft OJ Howard, and use Clay in the slot - I think would be pretty successful.

2nd round or later, FA, trade...pretty sure McD and Whaley know what to do. Plus getting another elite target for TT is like getting Grandma a Maserati: looks nice in the driveway but no way will she ever get out of it a fraction of its capabilities.

Dennison is big on FBs, big on TEs. What's that tell you about the O he's likely to run with TT's skill set? If Listenbee works out, then, with Sammy, you have guys who can peel rubber when that's needed. WR is among the least of my concerns.

2nd round or later, FA, trade...pretty sure McD and Whaley know what to do. Plus getting another elite target for TT is like getting Grandma a Maserati: looks nice in the driveway but no way will she ever get out of it a fraction of its capabilities.

Dennison is big on FBs, big on TEs. What's that tell you about the O he's likely to run with TT's skill set? If Listenbee works out, then, with Sammy, you have guys who can peel rubber when that's needed. WR is among the least of my concerns.

I think this is where BPA and trade downs are worth considering.. Listenbee is a big if IMO.

Still want someone running Opposite Watkins, and then what if< Sammy goes all Boo boo foot again> sorry <

Where he comes from is not my concern. But they still need a guy who can threaten and garner some respect from the opposing DBs

Trade or pickup a fringe #2/3 WR draft OJ Howard, and use Clay in the slot - I think would be pretty successful.

I have no problem with getting WRs 2nd or 3rd.

I am not going to touch the Howard pick.

except to say, i think it is a luxury pick.

all bets off if they can trade away the #10 ad gain more picks

With very few if any exceptions no matter what team you are, you are going to need at least a few players from your draft class to contribute if you hope to have a winning season. 30 or more teams go into each draft with 3 or more pressing needs at key positions. Right now the Bills have 5 to 7 pressing needs. They need 2 corners, 1 safety, and 2 receivers badly. Right tackle is probably also a weak spot on the roster and Outside linebacker if they let Zach Brown get away is also a spot of concern.

Free agency still has viable options out there to fill at least some of those needs. Bringing back Zach Brown helps settle the front 7, there are options at corner available and Jarius Byrd could make for a nice buy low option at safety. Right now the Bills need to pounce on Zach Brown and sign some players available in the secondary because right now even if they found a good receiver and a good corner in the draft they still have too many pressing needs.

A #10 pick must start and must contribute, unless it's a QB.

If the Bills went with WR at 10, I would expect whoever they drafted to play a significant role every game. Since the Bills don't have any clarity beyond Watkins at this point and have potentially the worst receiver corps in the league, they can't afford a miss in the first round.