Welcome Micah Hyde

Sorry, wasn't totally aimed at you. But this guy took a lot of crap here since he was drafted.

This strikes me as a guy who dates a good looking girl for awhile and takes her for granted. Then, she meets a better looking, richer, more successful guy and leaves you. You say she wasn't that hot but then end up settling down with a chubby chick who works at mcdonalds and your ex is living a dream.

Very happy with Hyde but don't compare him to Gilmore because they are completely different players.

Chubby can work, Adriana Lima could use a little more chub if you ask me. Do I get discount McDonalds??

I agree, Gilmore is easily the more valuable player.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From this description on the Bills' site...

S Micah Hyde

Hyde (6-0, 197), 26, was originally a fifth-round pick of the Green Bay Packers in 2013. He’s been a durable, productive and versatile player in his four-year career with Green Bay.

He has missed just one game in his career and has logged starts at free safety, strong safety and nickel cornerback. Last season he made 11 starts for the Pack with time spent in all three of those roles. He has eight interceptions, 24 pass breakups and five fumble recoveries in his career.

Hyde is also capable of returning punts and kicks as he has over 100 returns in his career averaging 9.7 yards on punt returns and 24 on kicks.

He sounds to me like a bigger, more versatile Nickel Robey-Coleman. I dont think he's meant to replace Gilmore, but could definitely replace Robey and a better replacement for AWilliams than Duke...

From this description on the Bills' site...

He sounds to me like a bigger, more versatile Nickel Robey-Coleman. I dont think he's meant to replace Gilmore, but could definitely replace Robey and a better replacement for AWilliams than Duke...

He's a depth piece. He's certainly not a Gilmore replacement. A NRC replacement is much more accurate. He gives a lot away if he's one of your two safeties, but he's a quality football player. The only unfortunate thing is the way we are paying him we are projecting him to something bigger than his actual skill set.

Good signing. What about Jordan is he any good?

McD might be able to shine him up and either guy might be more than they have been, but based on what he's done so far Proyer projects better as a special teams ace / backup safety.

The only unfortunate thing is the way we are paying him we are projecting him to something bigger than his actual skill set.

I think this is just how free agency goes now. $6 mil per year is what rotational players get now, especially if they can rotate to multiple positions.

Hyde was rated by PFF the 53rd best CB in the NFL last year

Which equates to being a serviceable left starting #2 CB in the NFL

That's the good news

The bad news it cost us over 6M a year with a multiple year contract

But he isnt a replacement for Gilmore

Or any kind of upgrade over any other secondary player

So not sure why everyone is 'excited' about this

Unless our New HC knows something about this player we don't

Let's just hope it doesn't negate a 3rd round comp pick next year in losing Gilmore

And we are looking to draft a real #1 CB in the 2017 draft which is full of potential stud's

jc

Except he's a safety

according to Sal, they flipped AW's money over to Hyde

Right. And it's a nice roster move

This was a great pickup, he is Aaron Williams+, I have followed Hyde since his college days at Iowa, was hoping Buffalo drafted him in 2013 I believe? I wanted him as a CB (Which he was at Iowa), he was slower than you'd like your CB to be (Much like Williams) and was switched to S (Like Williams) and has been a solid DB ever since, I like his tackling, he isn't a complete ball hawk but he does have 8 INT for his career. He will replace Williams nicely, I didn't even mention his name because I didn't think we could afford him but he and Jordan Poyer were solid additions imo.

Fine, he will play safety

Here's an article from Green Bay talking about the safety situation there in 2016

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2016/5/20/11718762/packers-2016-roster-preview-young-safety-group-leadership

For those who are lazy he is considered a nice depth backup who returns kicks

BUT NOT A STARTER

So yeah he equates to Aaron Williams if Aaron would have been the backup

He wasn't

I really hope we emulate Green Bay and look to use high draft picks on a young safeties to START

I'm the kind of fan who want better players here

jc

Fine, he will play safety

Here's an article from Green Bay talking about the safety situation there in 2016

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2016/5/20/11718762/packers-2016-roster-preview-young-safety-group-leadership

For those who are lazy he is considered a nice depth backup who returns kicks

BUT NOT A STARTER

So yeah he equates to Aaron Williams if Aaron would have been the backup

He wasn't

I really hope we emulate Green Bay and look to use high draft picks on a young safeties to START

I'm the kind of fan who want better players here

jc

Yeah that Jerry Hughes and Lorenzo Alexander, 2 back ups with their other teams haven't done much in Buffalo.

Yeah that Jerry Hughes and Lorenzo Alexander, 2 back ups with their other teams haven't done much in Buffalo.

I think Graham was a back-up or nickel CB in Baltimore too?

Seems like a comparable signing. A mid-market DB that is solid at more than one position and allows some roster flexibility.

They did

Ditto Zach Brown

And did anyone do cartwheels the we signed them?

Nope, because they were all backups

We also didn't spend anywhere near 6M a season when we acquired them

That's a fact!!!!!!!

Hey maybe the guy, like all the above works out here, comes of age

Or maybe he plays like a decent backup

But is should be noted a perennial playoff team like the Green Bay packers didn't think he was good enough to start for them

Nor were they willing to give him that money

jc