Houston traded Osweiler to Cleveland

Who. They are signing OL and have a ton of picks.

Hate all you want this was brilliant.

Hate? LOL! The Browns are the dregs of the NFL. This move proves why.

So not knowing me, you think you might know what going through my mind. Sounds backwards.

So who on their roster is better? I dont think they have any, even RG3

I'd take RG3 over Osweiler. Not by much though.

Because of the unique situation of Osweiler. It's not often (more like never!) that another team pays you in the form of high pick to take crap off their hands, and at the same time for the assumption of cap dollars for that crappy player to solve a financial problem for you.

Again, use the money on good players. Throw $16M guaranteed at someone who might actually make your team better.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They burnt $16 mil of cap room to turn a 4th into a 2nd. They weren't likely to use the cap room anyway as there simply isn't enough guys on the market to sign. It's an expensive move, but not exactly clueless.

They'll cut osweiler and just eat the money if they don't want him, they wanted the pick...they have been hoarding picks

They'll cut osweiler and just eat the money if they don't want him, they wanted the pick...they have been hoarding picks

Its a good play. seems odd for the Browns. And they are building the O line up aren't they?

Again, use the money on good players. Throw $16M guaranteed at someone who might actually make your team better.

They did use it on a player - a second round pick. Why is this so hard to understand? Second round picks are extremely valuable -- they're usually high quality prospects, they're cheap, and they're under control for 4 years. They're also perfect ammo to move up in the first if they target a blue chipper they really want.

Edited by dave mcbride

I agree with you wholeheartedly, although I think Osweiler is terrible. But that's not really the issue anyway.

Yeah, it's prettt hard for this not be a homerun for them. Take a look at a guy who had enough skill that John Elway spent a 2nd round on (and wanted back) & get a 2nd round pick for your trouble.

Keep looking at qbs until you find one. I pray the Bills will keep doing the same.

Who what makes them win right now. Ooo yea none. Again brilliant move

Its a good play. seems odd for the Browns. And they are building the O line up aren't they?

It sounds like they are building up the rest of the team until they get a qb. Sometimes we need to remember that the draft and free agency isn't just for one year. You build up your team so a young qb won't get killed and lose their confidence right away.

Cleveland wins a championship and suddenly the Browns are making good moves? What the hell is going on?

And how reliable has he been??? Who do they have behind him? They are better at QB .

Whether or not it's a smart move, it's an embarrassment to the NFL and Cleveland. They're trying to turn the NFL into the NBA.

how is it an embarrassment? And what's wrong with the NBA?

Cleveland will just pick #1 until there is a QB worth taking.

I'm not really a fan of this in the NFL because there is so much uncertainty with the draft year to year, unlike hockey. Also with so few games it's actually hard to finish last.

We will see how their tanking works out.

2017 NFL Draft

First round: (2) Own pick and the Eagles' pick.

Second round: (2) Own pick and the Titans' pick.

Third round: (1) Own pick.

Fourth round: (3) Three *compensatory picks due to free agent losses in 2016.

Fifth round: (3) Own pick, the Patriots' pick and a *compensatory pick due to free agent loss in 2016.

Sixth round: (1) Own pick.

Seventh round: (1) The Colts' pick.

3 2nd round picks in 2018 draft picks

2 4th rounders

2 6 rounders

they have 2 3rds and 1 4th, not 1 3rd and 3 4ths, fwiw

They burnt $16 mil of cap room to turn a 4th into a 2nd. They weren't likely to use the cap room anyway as there simply isn't enough guys on the market to sign. It's an expensive move, but not exactly clueless.

Exactly this

I have to say, its actually wildly entertaining to watch the drama in this thread, especially since it has noting to do with the Bills in the first place.

TSW Vets making comments on the newbies. Newbies upset threatening to go to another board. People not understanding the value to both sides to these teams and calling them stupid. People calling the Bills stupid because we aren't doing it the "Browns way". Geesh...talk about over reacting around here.

Its quite simple actually: This was a great move for both sides. There really is not even a debate here. Browns have to use cap space and can easily absorb Brock, this has NOTHING to do with them wanting Brock to be their QB. They get back for the trouble one more valuable draft asset. Houston rids themselves of an anchor that would continue to hold that team back as Brock is not any good and his contract was massive. They spent a 2nd round pick to get better by subtraction of a colossal contractual mistake they made. Its a crystal clear win-win for both teams, so not sure why this is confusing to some or why people are bickering so much about non-Bills trade anyway lol.

There really is no reason for all the hostility on this...save it for the Tyrod threads lmao.