Houston traded Osweiler to Cleveland

that seems to be the prevailing wisdom within this thread. i dunno though, seems just a tad off the wall.

It is definitely thinking outside the box, and something that hasn't ever been seen before in the NFL...but if you think about it, it does seem quite logical...with the Browns having over $100 million in cap space, and not enough FAs to fill that space, they basically paid to acquire a 2nd round pick...if only the Bills could be so shewd...it reminds me of something the Pats would do- always staying one step ahead of everyone else.

Did this hatred emerge during the season, or was Osweiler signed to a $37m guaranteed contract over O'brien's strong objections?

I would speculate likely the latter...but I wouldn't be surprised if, after he saw him play, he hated him even more...lol

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Darnold

me too, he did well with Dennison, guess Cleveland was going for more picks. it will be interesting to see who they take with all those picks and how they perform. If it works everyone will be tanking and rebuilding as a normal thing.

Everyone's forgetting about Lamar Jackson too. Turn the clock back to September and the talk was all about tanking for Lamar. It's looking like the Andrew Luck/Robert Griffin year all over again. (And this is no knock on Griffin, who had a pretty amazing start to his career before tearing up his knee)

Yes, everyone should aspire to follow the Browns model. People are going off the deep end in this thread. "We should be like the Browns!!!"

Too much madden around here from the looks of it.

News flash: we ARE the Browns. 8-8 is worse long term than 1-15.

Well, now that the Browns are on the hook for $16M in 2017, they should restructure him to a one year deal for $1M with a $15M signing bonus. Then they can trade him to Denver for another 2nd rounder. Denver would be have a $1M cap hit for their starting or backup quarterback.

Edited by Rock'em Sock'em

....now you know why his assigned spot is in VISITOR PARKING.....now there's a warm welcome.....................

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns are looking to trade Brock Osweiler for a third-round pick.

The Browns are willing to throw in a fifth-rounder and are open to paying half of Osweiler's salary. Per Cabot, if the Browns can't find a taker, they'll release Osweiler and eat the $16 million remaining on his contract. The Browns are positioning themselves to make a run at Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo. Cabot's report all but confirms that Osweiler will never play a down in Cleveland.
Mar 11 - 2:08 PM
Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy