Houston traded Osweiler to Cleveland

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the issue is, as many have intimated, the Browns are having a tough time attracting FAs and some are going elsewhere for less money. They have so much cap space because they have no QB, and most of their team were rookies or scrubs last year. So since they can't buy players they are buying picks. They can try to turn the picks into players either via draft or trading them for vets.

You've said it better than I could.

it still cost them 16 million, even us refugees can see that

102M in cap space this year. Big deal if they eat 16M in space if they do get dead on the cut. Need to get to the floor.

Flipped a 4th and some space for a 2nd

You know what he means - dead money carried forward into 2017. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, they NEED to spend money, and a lot of it.

Again, I get that they need to spend money. Why waste it on a scrub when you could sign decent players in FA? For a 2018 2nd round pick?

They have the cap space to legit cut him today if they wanted to as well. But it seems theyre striving towards top pick in 2018 - so why not just start him and see what happens?

Indeed. And also you need players on your team. Brock isn't great, but there are worse QBs than him.

Again, I get that they need to spend money. Why waste it on a scrub when you could sign decent players in FA? For a 2018 2nd round pick?

Who. They are signing OL and have a ton of picks.

Hate all you want this was brilliant.

102M in cap space this year. Big deal if they eat 16M in space if they do get dead on the cut. Need to get to the floor.

Flipped a 4th and some space for a 2nd

Yeah - my thoughts exactly. Gotta hit the floor, and you don't really have anyone at the position anyway. Add some solid playmakers in the draft this year - keep the team really green and really cheap. Do it sabres style - guy plays well and sprains his ankle... put him on IR.

Draft your QB in 2018 and attack 2018 free agency.

I don't know you and thought that's what you were getting at. My apologies.

But I still disagree that they get better at QB.

So not knowing me, you think you might know what going through my mind. Sounds backwards.

So who on their roster is better? I dont think they have any, even RG3

Their biggest problem is that they have wasted a ton of picks in the past with terrible drafting and no one knows if that will change.

Given the capital they were working with, I'm not entirely sure they broke their poor drafting streak last year. Coleman had flashes but couldn't stay on the field. They loaded up on receivers but still brought in Kenny Britt on a big deal. They took several olinemen but still paid up for Tretter and Zeitler. Ogbah and Nassib showed some flashes, but it's tough to tell how much was real talent and how much was looking like the tallest short guy on what was a essentially an expansion level defense.

You know what? I think you are right. I've been reading posts like yours constantly since I've come over.. I'll take my 44 years of fandom to another board.

See you later, TBD.

Not cool.

give some thought to this.

just gotta separate the dreck and drivel you do not want to deal with. The board is in flux. Its is quite interesting to watch a small model as to how folks deal with integration.

This is an experiment / exercise that is a fair comparison to what is going on in the Americas.

And Folks in general when major change occurs.

I hope you second guess your self, and are willing to participate in helping create the next step for us all here. Not easy for us some of us i bet to have such a major influx.

Maybe you folks do not know this? >. You have nearly overtaken the boards with Qty of postings.

Just a deluge. Nothing wrong with that. But things are quite different then a couple of weeks ago

But we here do not really know you, nor you us.

Time and patience would be well served here for each of us

Given the capital they were working with, I'm not entirely sure they broke their poor drafting streak last year. Coleman had flashes but couldn't stay on the field. They loaded up on receivers but still brought in Kenny Britt on a big deal. They took several olinemen but still paid up for Tretter and Zeitler. Ogbah and Nassib showed some flashes, but it's tough to tell how much was real talent and how much was looking like the tallest short guy on what was a essentially an expansion level defense.

The talent gap is enormous between them and other teams. Their QB play is worst in the league. They are vying for #1 pick next year, and are adding as many young pieces as they can. More picks means more chances to hit big.

Because of the unique situation of Osweiler. It's not often (more like never!) that another team pays you in the form of high pick to take crap off their hands, and at the same time for the assumption of cap dollars for that crappy player to solve a financial problem for you.

I never thought I'd say it but I love what the Browns are doing. It may not work because they are the Browns but they seem to have a plan.

BO has some talent and they can see if Jackson can do anything with him. If not, they got a 2nd rounder for their troubles. Great trade.

I never thought I'd say it but I love what the Browns are doing. It may not work because they are the Browns but they seem to have a plan.

BO has some talent and they can see if Jackson can do anything with him. If not, they got a 2nd rounder for their troubles. Great trade.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, although I think Osweiler is terrible. But that's not really the issue anyway.