My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

JWill doesn't do anything quick. He has slower feet than me. Like he is playing will lead in his boots.

Surprised that this isn't painfully obvious to anyone that watched him. Can't believe how slow he is.

Not outlandish. McCoy probably has 1 good year left. If Bills go young/rebuild, no reason to keep McCoy. Trade him to a contender.

Based on him having an amazing season last year? Yes one day he will be done, but there is no evidence in his play to say that day is near.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to rumors...

The Bills will cut TT, leaving CJ as the only QB on the roster. In his limited action last season, CJ was putrid.

The Bills will cut Shady, who led the Bills to the rushing title.

Hamstringing both our running and our passing attacks with vague hopes of filling the gaps in free agency or the draft doesn't seem like the way to build a playoff team, IMHO.

Maybe the rumors are wrong?

3) The draft can yield gems at this position who can contribute right away in later rounds-- like Freeman from TX who fits the style better

The name is D'Onta Foreman and he wont last past the 2nd round. The young man is a beast.

No doubt Shady is awesome. Mike g compliments him well with a more straight ahead running style. If they could get a large cap savings by cutting him then I could see it but for a million it seems like a long shot. Even if his running style isn't a great fit for Dennison as a result he will get less touches , you can still use Shady a ton in the passing game . This time next year maybe.

https://twitter.com/search?q=lesean%20mccoy&src=typd

dumbass iggle fans flipping out thinking they can get him, jackson and some other has-been back.

honestly, i'd not give a **** if we cut him. he's not that important to the team that runs 100000000 times a game. not worth the money we reneged him at, not worth the trade.

madness. Kiko for Shady was brilliant.

No doubt Shady is awesome. Mike g compliments him well with a more straight ahead running style. If they could get a large cap savings by cutting him then I could see it but for a million it seems like a long shot. Even if his running style isn't a great fit for Dennison as a result he will get less touches , you can still use Shady a ton in the passing game . This time next year maybe.

Agreed. And that's how the deal was structured -- lock him in for 3 years, and then it's pretty painless to walk away after that point if need be.

JWill doesn't do anything quick. He has slower feet than me. Like he is playing will lead in his boots.

Man, I thought I was crazy. Glad it wasn't just me. I was totally unimpressed with him. He runs like molasses. Maybe we find

out he was playing injured, but he looked totally different than what he displayed at Arkansas.

Man, I thought I was crazy. Glad it wasn't just me. I was totally unimpressed with him. He runs like molasses. Maybe we find

out he was playing injured, but he looked totally different than what he displayed at Arkansas.

Could be that he was thinking too much. Thinking slows you down...

...Or he's just slow footed.

It would be a dickmove by Shady to give Whaley any sh*t after he voluntarily donated $26.5M in guarantees to his retirement fund...........but could be a sound financial play by McCoy if true.

This was a problem with unnecessarily extending and guaranteeing 2/3 of his contract.

He got the Bills to let him double dip when he'd already been paid up front by the Eagles and was under contract thru the 2017 season.........and now he can go out and get a new 2 year deal? with some more guarantees.

If he gets cut he will have cost the Bills over $15M per season.

Revis'd by a RB?

I guess we will see but the minute that extension was given it was almost a certainty that this would not end well..........the reason you trade for vet players under contract like that is to get their fully unguaranteed contract.

It's control.

The Bills have no real leverage on Shady....if he'd have had another dud year like 2015 they would have cut him and he'd pocket 2/3 of the extension........if he had a strong year he could BENEFIT from his release.

Your numbers are way off.

McCoy was guaranteed $18.25 mill, $13.125 mill of which was his signing bonus.He then received two $250K workout bonuses (I'm assuming) and salaries of $2.625 M and $4.8 M. So that's $21.05 mill he's received in two years, and his guarantee is finished. Too much? Maybe. But it's no $15 mill per season.

Was it a bad re-negotiated deal by the Bills? It always seemed so to me, but again, it's no $15 mill per year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy-5916/

Not that I have any idea what's happening right now, but it wouldn't surprise me either way.

Edited by Thurman#1

Could be that he was thinking too much. Thinking slows you down...

...Or he's just slow footed.

I think his top speed is not terrible, he isn't Booby Dixon.... he just has no acceleration... he doesn't hit the whole quick he looks laboured getting up to top speed... not particularly impressive to me.

He had a bad injury didn't he his senior year.... I fear that might have done for him.

Yeah, but then again how many times have you expressed sentiments like this and got egg on YOUR face? :flirt:

It makes sense, it's not the first time mentioned and is as real a possibility.

Personally, I am not really in favor of it at this point because he's worth his $6M base salary and they have enormous amounts of cap room in 2018 and 2019 and very few in-house players to spend it on....so they could find plenty of other ways to push money into the future and make cap space without mortgaging the future cap.

But it makes sense because the Kubiak system can "make" RB's productive.......see Justin Forsett in that one season in Baltimore.........and it makes sense for Shady if he wants to go back to Philly.........or a lot of places because he can get more guaranteed money on the open market.....especially if cut EARLY. It would behoove him to push the envelope so the story from JMC makes sense from that standpoint.

I like 99 percent of your takes but you have your head so far up your ass on this one. Twisting and turning in the wind on this one for no reason. It's similar to the folks that suggest puff daddy should get moved. The contracts don't allow much room for flexibility here, the Bills are prone to having "Look we are still stupid moments, everyone look at us" but this one belongs in the aliens underwater thread.

He had a bad injury didn't he his senior year.... I fear that might have done for him.

Not ready to write him off just yet but rookie year wasn't promising. Same situation as Sammy with having screws put in his foot.

Maybe he's just not quite there mentally with it yet, especially considering limited in-game reps to test it out.