My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

All good points. A trade would be tough because it accelerates the cap hit..its just like cutting him with no post June 1st designation. The post June 1st cut saves $5 million in cap room. It is essentially a trade of Shady for however the Bills can use the $5 million in cap room. The cap room is more valuable than what the Bills would get in return for any trade.

The post June 1st designation doesn't save $5 million in cap room.

It saves $5 million in cap room this year while then spending the same $5 million in cap room next year.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like 99 percent of your takes but you have your head so far up your ass on this one. Twisting and turning in the wind on this one for no reason. It's similar to the folks that suggest puff daddy should get moved. The contracts don't allow much room for flexibility here, the Bills are prone to having "Look we are still stupid moments, everyone look at us" but this one belongs in the aliens underwater thread.

I don't know what you mean.

The premise of the article where this talk began a couple weeks ago was that the Bills could save around $6M on their 2017 salary cap by cutting Lesean McCoy and designating him as a June 1 cut.

Seems that you've bypassed that info.......but if not perhaps you can expand on what you mean by the highlighted?

The post June 1st designation doesn't save $5 million in cap room.

It saves $5 million in cap room this year while then spending the same $5 million in cap room next year.

It saves $5 million in cap this year...that was my point. The Bills aren't nearly as up against the cap next year. You spread the impact. There is no way you get in value this year in a trade for Shady what $5 million in cap this year gets you.

It saves $5 million in cap this year...that was my point. The Bills aren't nearly as up against the cap next year. You spread the impact. There is no way you get in value this year in a trade for Shady what $5 million in cap this year gets you.

so you keep him this year and cut him next year. 5 mil cap hit one year next year. run him to the ground this year.