The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Just like nobody ever called Donald Trump a racist — and even the New York Times couldn’t find anything but good stuff on him and race relations — but suddenly he became the Imperial Wizard.

My God, this is such crap. A source of a source of a source? The Times reported on Trump's racist policies towards renters back in 1973 actually.

Gator's bias aside................he is (as usual) incorrect.

Here is Professor Ann Althouse"s direct article from the New York times.

We can infer that Kanye West, Russell Simmons, and Sean Combs declined to talk to the NYT about Donald Trump.

"Circling the Square of President Trump’s Relationship With Race"

Now, let's get to the meat of this article. It seems apparent that the NYT set out to find out if there's any evidence that Trump is a racist. Read the article. They found strong evidence that he is absolutely not any sort of a racist. The headline ought to come out and celebrate his excellent record.

The article begins with Kara Young, a "biracial" model who went out with Trump for 2 years and says “I never heard him say a disparaging comment towards any race of people." (Young, like Barack Obama, had one black parent and one white parent.) The only seemingly negative thing the NYT got out of her was that he noticed the high number of black people in the crowd at the U.S. Open when Venus and Serena Williams were playing.

But this is what really struck me:

Beyond dating a biracial woman, [Trump] made outsize efforts to hang out publicly with African-American celebrities: the boxing promoter Don King, the hip-hop impresarios Kanye West, Russell Simmons and Sean Combs, and celebrities as big as Muhammad Ali, James Brown and Michael Jackson.

Kanye West, Russell Simmons, and Sean Combs are all still alive. Do they not take phone calls from the New York Times? I've got to assume they were called and they all refused to talk. I'm going to guess that they all would give a good report but won't speak because they'd be savaged economically if they spoke well of Trump. But they don't have to speak. The inference is so strong that the silence is enough.

More at the links.

I dunno, scapegoating immigrants isn't racist? The Nazis scapegoated the Jews for all the problems and you have Trump saying they are racists, literraly blaming Mexico and Mexicans for the opioid scourge ripping up rural America when that has nothing to do with Mexico

I dunno, scapegoating immigrants isn't racist? The Nazis scapegoated the Jews for all the problems and you have Trump saying they are racists, literraly blaming Mexico and Mexicans for the opioid scourge ripping up rural America when that has nothing to do with Mexico

He is not scapegoating immigrants, he is enforcing immigration law on ILLEGAL immigrants.

He is not scapegoating immigrants, he is enforcing immigration law on ILLEGAL immigrants.

No, he is scapegoating them. If you can't see that its because you do not want to.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. WTF... if you have a law and enforce it as congress had intended you are racist? Obama passed an executive order (which was deemed unconstitutional), and he himself said that congress needed to act, and Trump extends the EO so that Congress cna deal with the mess THEY created. But, that just makes Trump a racist.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. WTF... if you have a law and enforce it as congress had intended you are racist? Obama passed an executive order (which was deemed unconstitutional), and he himself said that congress needed to act, and Trump extends the EO so that Congress cna deal with the mess THEY created. But, that just makes Trump a racist.

There was no executive order. It was a DHS memo from Napolitano.

Clearly THAT'S constitutional... :lol:

Maybe the answer is found in this Weekly Standard article: Is Trump Preparing To Leave The Republican Party?

WS is a big Trump critic, but of all the things discussed about Trump, this sounds PRECISELY like something he'd do: Leave the party and return to being a Democrat.

It would be the trolling of all trollings and a glorious day to watch the news all day long.

Maybe the answer is found in this Weekly Standard article: Is Trump Preparing To Leave The Republican Party?

WS is a big Trump critic, but of all the things discussed about Trump, this sounds PRECISELY like something he'd do: Leave the party and return to being a Democrat.

It would be the trolling of all trollings and a glorious day to watch the news all day long.

I doubt it, but considering he's not an ideologue it's not out of the realm of possibility that he revolts against his own party at times if the GOP led Congress slights him in any way.

LOL.......... :lol:

USA TODAY ID'ed 4,500 Trump golf-club members through social media & a website golfers use to track handicaps,

then researched who they were: https://usat.ly/2eFzlGA

Media: there's nothing suspicious or corrupt about the Clinton Foundation

Also media: WE JUST DOXXED 4,500 GOLFERS

Since Gator's droppings kind of buried this funny media story, I am bumping it

More:

Wait, what the heck did USA Today do to members of Trump’s golf courses? Really?!

I don't see where it says they joined after November 8th, 2016, which would kind of matter. But hey, who cares about accuracy anymore?

More:

Wait, what the heck did USA Today do to members of Trump’s golf courses? Really?!

I don't see where it says they joined after November 8th, 2016, which would kind of matter. But hey, who cares about accuracy anymore?

The review shows that, for the first time in U.S. history, wealthy people with interests before the government have a chance for close and confidential access to the president as a result of payments that enrich him personally. It is a view of the president available to few other Americans.

It's as if the Clinton Foundation doesn't even exist... :lol:

I doubt it, but considering he's not an ideologue it's not out of the realm of possibility that he revolts against his own party at times if the GOP led Congress slights him in any way.

No. He's not an ideologue. He's without scruples. It's not "his own party". They despise him for the most part - in case you haven't been watching. He was a Democrat for about the first 60 years of his life and they loved him, loved his money, loved his panache, loved basking in his limelight.

LA's right. It would be absolutely EPIC if he turned back to them. WTF would they do to backpedal effectively enough to embrace him as a "Democrat" and flush down the horses hit that they've been hurling at him since he became the presumptive nominee of the GOP.

Clue: Gator and Baskin among other with lose their collective minds - such as they are. And MSNBC will implode. What will AntiFa do? What will BLM do?

hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha! I hope it happens.

More:

They're all Nazis. NAZIS I tell ya. They should be burned at the stake (or steak in the case of the knuckle-dragging-AntiFa) and have their personal wealth seized and used to fund a great pizza party for the needy protesters.

Go f uck yourselves you treasonous bastards!

No. He's not an ideologue. He's without scruples. It's not "his own party". They despise him for the most part - in case you haven't been watching. He was a Democrat for about the first 60 years of his life and they loved him, loved his money, loved his panache, loved basking in his limelight.

LA's right. It would be absolutely EPIC if he turned back to them. WTF would they do to backpedal effectively enough to embrace him as a "Democrat" and flush down the horses hit that they've been hurling at him since he became the presumptive nominee of the GOP.

Clue: Gator and Baskin among other with lose their collective minds - such as they are. And MSNBC will implode. What will AntiFa do? What will BLM do?

hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha! I hope it happens.

If it means he keeps and improves the ACA (he can call it Trumpcare if he wants), fires Devos, and continues his tough stance on immigration, I'd vote for him in 2020. I'd even campaign for him. I really could care less about BLM and antifa.

If it means he keeps and improves the ACA (he can call it Trumpcare if he wants), fires Devos, and continues his tough stance on immigration, I'd vote for him in 2020. I'd even campaign for him. I really could care less about BLM and antifa.

It will only mean one thing: the batschitt loon you see today will still be a batschitt loon...he'll just have a D after his name again.

Yes, let's pretend this situation exists in a vacuum. The guy scapegoated and still does the immigrants.called them rapists and druggers and murderers and everything bad under the sun. He literally blames them for the opioid epidemic they have absolutely nothing in the world to do with. It makes rural whites feel better if it's someone else's fault they have a drug problem.

Also, Obamas executive order has never been ruled unconstitutional. No official challenge has been for all attempted. There was no urgency here, he just did it to satisfy his base

Yes, let's pretend this situation exists in a vacuum. The guy scapegoated and still does the immigrants.called them rapists and druggers and murderers and everything bad under the sun. He literally blames them for the opioid epidemic they have absolutely nothing in the world to do with. It makes rural whites feel better if it's someone else's fault they have a drug problem.

Also, Obamas executive order has never been ruled unconstitutional. No official challenge has been for all attempted. There was no urgency here, he just did it to satisfy his base

Link?

Trump’s Misleading Blame on Opioids

President Donald Trump misleadingly cited a 23 percent decline in federal drug prosecutions between 2011 and 2016 to claim that the Obama administration ignored the opioid crisis.

The 23 percent decline is for all drug-related prosecutions — including a steep drop in marijuana-related prosecutions, in part because it was legalized in certain circumstances in two states.

Although the data cited by Trump did not provide information on opioid prosecutions, federal sentencing data (as opposed to prosecutions) show the number of people sentenced on heroin charges increased by more than 50 percent between 2011 and 2016.

Mexican cartels are expanding their control over the US heroin market

Opium and heroin production in Mexico has expanded significantly over the past several years, and according to data gathered by the US Drug Enforcement Administration, that increased supply has flooded the US market

Heroin from each of the world's source areas — Mexico, South America, Southwest Asia, and Southeast Asia — can be found in the US.

NEARLY ALL HEROIN FUELING A U.S. RESURGENCE ENTERS OVER THE 1,933-MILE MEXICO BORDER.

“We're catching people who are 82 years old ... bringing narcotics to the U.S. Juveniles, young kids that are in middle school or high school.”

Edited by ALF

Trump’s Misleading Blame on Opioids
President Donald Trump misleadingly cited a 23 percent decline in federal drug prosecutions between 2011 and 2016 to claim that the Obama administration ignored the opioid crisis.
The 23 percent decline is for all drug-related prosecutions — including a steep drop in marijuana-related prosecutions, in part because it was legalized in certain circumstances in two states.
Although the data cited by Trump did not provide information on opioid prosecutions, federal sentencing data (as opposed to prosecutions) show the number of people sentenced on heroin charges increased by more than 50 percent between 2011 and 2016.
Mexican cartels are expanding their control over the US heroin market
Opium and heroin production in Mexico has expanded significantly over the past several years, and according to data gathered by the US Drug Enforcement Administration, that increased supply has flooded the US market
Heroin from each of the world's source areas — Mexico, South America, Southwest Asia, and Southeast Asia — can be found in the US.
NEARLY ALL HEROIN FUELING A U.S. RESURGENCE ENTERS OVER THE 1,933-MILE MEXICO BORDER.
“We're catching people who are 82 years old ... bringing narcotics to the U.S. Juveniles, young kids that are in middle school or high school.”

Seems like gator disagrees with you:

Tiberius, on 06 Sept 2017 - 7:01 PM, said:snapback.png

Persons entering the US illegally are more inclined to criminal activity.

"the Government Accountability Office released two unsettling reports in 2005 on criminal aliens who are in prison for committing crimes in the United States, and issued an updated report in 2011.

The first report (GAO-05-337R) found that criminal aliens (both legal and illegal) make up 27 percent of all federal prisoners. Yet according to the Center for Immigration Studies, non-citizens are only about nine percent of the nation’s adult population. Thus, judging by the numbers in federal prisons alone, non-citizens commit federal crimes at three times the rate of citizens.

The findings in the second report (GAO-05-646R) are even more disturbing. This report looked at the criminal histories of 55,322 aliens that “entered the country illegally and were still illegally in the country at the time of their incarceration in federal or state prison or local jail during fiscal year 2003.” Those 55,322 illegal aliens had been arrested 459,614 times, an average of 8.3 arrests per illegal alien, and had committed almost 700,000 criminal offenses, an average of roughly 12.7 offenses per illegal alien.

Out of all of the arrests, 12 percent were for violent crimes such as murder, robbery, assault and sex-related crimes; 15 percent were for burglary, larceny, theft and property damage; 24 percent were for drug offenses; and the remaining offenses were for DUI, fraud, forgery, counterfeiting, weapons, immigration, and obstruction of justice.

The 2011 GAO report wasn’t much different. It looked at 251,000 criminal aliens in federal, state, and local prisons and jails. Those aliens were arrested nearly 1.7 million times for close to three million criminal offenses. Sixty-eight percent of those in federal prison and 66 percent of those in state prisons were from Mexico. Their offenses ranged from homicide and kidnapping to drugs, burglary, and larceny."

Persons entering the US illegally are more inclined to criminal activity.

"the Government Accountability Office released two unsettling reports in 2005 on criminal aliens who are in prison for committing crimes in the United States, and issued an updated report in 2011.

The first report (GAO-05-337R) found that criminal aliens (both legal and illegal) make up 27 percent of all federal prisoners. Yet according to the Center for Immigration Studies, non-citizens are only about nine percent of the nation’s adult population. Thus, judging by the numbers in federal prisons alone, non-citizens commit federal crimes at three times the rate of citizens.

The findings in the second report (GAO-05-646R) are even more disturbing. This report looked at the criminal histories of 55,322 aliens that “entered the country illegally and were still illegally in the country at the time of their incarceration in federal or state prison or local jail during fiscal year 2003.” Those 55,322 illegal aliens had been arrested 459,614 times, an average of 8.3 arrests per illegal alien, and had committed almost 700,000 criminal offenses, an average of roughly 12.7 offenses per illegal alien.

Out of all of the arrests, 12 percent were for violent crimes such as murder, robbery, assault and sex-related crimes; 15 percent were for burglary, larceny, theft and property damage; 24 percent were for drug offenses; and the remaining offenses were for DUI, fraud, forgery, counterfeiting, weapons, immigration, and obstruction of justice.

The 2011 GAO report wasn’t much different. It looked at 251,000 criminal aliens in federal, state, and local prisons and jails. Those aliens were arrested nearly 1.7 million times for close to three million criminal offenses. Sixty-eight percent of those in federal prison and 66 percent of those in state prisons were from Mexico. Their offenses ranged from homicide and kidnapping to drugs, burglary, and larceny."

Please stop scapegoating those poor, hungry, tired people.

Persons entering the US illegally are already engaged in criminal activity.

That's the !@#$ing definition of doing anything illegally.

Exactly, so if an illegal is arrested at the border its "proof" they cause crime.

Please stop scapegoating those poor, hungry, tired people.

I'm sure right wingers are not touting this:

Alaska was the nation's most dangerous state in 2013 and the only state with more than 600 violent crimes per 100,000 residents. Incidents of murder and nonnegligent manslaughter and rape both rose nearly 10% in 2013 from 2012, despite falling across the country last year. Alaska residents have struggled with sexual assault for years. According to a 2010 survey of Alaskan women, 37% of respondents reported being the victims of rape or sexual assault. As of 2013, rapes were reported nearly four times as frequently as they were nationwide. High violent crime rates in Alaska may seem incongruous with the state's socioeconomic environment. As of 2013, fewer than one in 10 residents lived in poverty, and thanks to a permanent fund that pays residents a share of oil profits, the state had the second highest median household income in the country, at $72,237

.Are there tons of illegals in Alaska?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/01/03/24-7-wall-st-most-dangerous-states/21214169/

:lol:

If you hadn't quoted it, I wouldn't have believed it.

That's why I quoted it, knowing how many of you have him on ignore. "Holy ****...people have GOT to see this!"

He's actually misspelled it as "boarder" through three different usernames. Just think about that...he is more consistent in failing second-grade spelling than he is in what he calls himself. Today is truly epochal.

IS THERE NOTHING HE CAN’T DO? How Trump Killed the New York Daily News:

Newsweek,
it sold for a buck, and like
Newsweek
it tried to survive on trolling covers.

And then there was the structural problem.

The
Daily News
was a tabloid. Tabloids play to the working class. But as the Dems became a leftist elite, they no longer spoke the same language.

The previous editor, Jim Rich, had been resisting pressure from management to soften the Trump covers, people familiar with the matter said. He was told they were diminishing an already much diminished print subscriber base, these people said, particularly among blue-collar readers in certain corners of New York’s outer boroughs, where Trump’s nationalistic populism apparently resonates in a way that is anathema to the city’s cosmopolitan districts and immigrant enclaves…

Now, many News staffers and alumni feel like the air has been sucked out of the room, and they are perhaps coming to terms with the notion that Trump is more popular with segments of their readership than they thought, even in deep blue New York.

The
Daily News
had no base left. Its hate covers were popular with progs who didn’t buy or read the paper. And so here we are. And the decline of the left-wing dead tree media rolls on

Even before Trump became the GOP frontrunner, as with Newsweek, the craziness and partisan outrage did seem to accelerate as the end moved ever closer.

ny_daily_news_2-18-16-1.jpg

That's why I quoted it, knowing how many of you have him on ignore. "Holy ****...people have GOT to see this!"

He's actually misspelled it as "boarder" through three different usernames. Just think about that...he is more consistent in failing second-grade spelling than he is in what he calls himself. Today is truly epochal.

I suppose we've got to give him credit, then. Is there an award for the most consistently obtuse poster? We ought to award him something.

WEIRD HOW THIS DIDN’T COME OUT DURING THE CAMPAIGN:

Video Emerges of Hillary Clinton Saying Illegal Immigrant Children Have to Go.

Or even after the campaign, until Democrats and journalists (but I repeat myself) suddenly decided that Hillary was bad for the brand.

Democracy dies in darkness. Or as a great philosopher puts it:

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/275034/

Edited by B-Man

I already had low expectations for the upcoming Star Trek series.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/07/star-trek-discovery-trump-political-divide/

I give it less than a season before viewership tanks. The second season will be branded as finding their niche. Third season will come from brand recognition. Then it will Trump's fault they cancelled Star Trek