The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

SARCASM ALERT

This is a small but revealing illustration of how reporters’ hate for President Trump distorts their thinking, to the point where they have no idea how they come across to people who don’t share their biases. The Associated Press reports: “Trump says he wasn’t being serious in remarks about Putin.”

President Donald Trump said he was not being serious when he thanked Russian President Vladimir Putin for ordering a drastic reduction in the number of U.S. diplomatic employees and saving the U.S. significant cash.

“Absolutely, I think you know that,” Trump told reporters Friday when asked about the comments he made a day earlier.

Trump had said he “greatly” appreciated Putin’s help cutting down the State Department’s payroll. At the time, it was unclear whether he was joking.

Just ponder that for a moment. The Associated Press actually thought Trump may have been serious in thanking Vladimir Putin for helping him cut the State Department’s budget by kicking diplomats out of Russia? The idea is absurd on its face. It can only have been a product of the AP’s extreme antipathy toward our president.

Earlier Friday, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Trump “was being sarcastic” when he made the remarks.

Sanders must think the reporters who question her at press briefings are morons.

Anyone who has been paying attention during the last two years knows that this is Trump being a smart ass.

Yet, the liberal media is tut-tutting Trump for thanking Putin. For example, this article in Voxis called “Trump just thanked Putin for slashing America’s diplomatic presence in Russia.” The nitwit who wrote the article sniffs that Trump has “rolled over” in response to Russia’s move, “literally thanking the Russian president for expelling American diplomatic staff

So, President condemns white Supremacists, KKK, and Nazi's, but (as easily predicted) it is NEVER ENOUGH

And NBC News’ Katy Tur knows Trump’s words were’t sincere. How?

Its striking that he has to carefully read it off a teleprompter. He railed against prompters yet he can't speak from the heart about racism https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/897136287672651776

Its insincere because he read it off a teleprompter.............

Do you REALLY want to go there ?

SARCASM ALERT

This is a small but revealing illustration of how reporters’ hate for President Trump distorts their thinking, to the point where they have no idea how they come across to people who don’t share their biases. The

<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="https://apnews.com/78a27fed8b374942b54f0feea92ef61a/Trump-says-he-wasn"href="https://apnews.com/78a27fed8b374942b54f0feea92ef61a/Trump-says-he-wasn" t-being-serious-in-remarks-about-putin"=""> Yet, the liberal media is tut-tutting Trump for thanking Putin. For example, this article in Voxis called “Trump just thanked Putin for slashing America’s diplomatic presence in Russia.” The nitwit who wrote the article sniffs that Trump has “rolled over” in response to Russia’s move, “literally thanking the Russian president for expelling American diplomatic staff

I'm no great judge of comedy, but I've seen the clip and I wouldn't hold it against someone who couldn't tell whether he was being serious or not.

TRUMP AND THE MEDIA LOVE MUD WRESTLING:

Trump is right to complain about how he never gets any credit for doing the right thing because the media and the rest of his critics are always waiting to pounce on him for doing the wrong thing.

All I could think was: The media have lost their collective mind. They used to be content to just tell us what to think. Now, in the era of Trump, they go further and tell us not to trust what we see with our own eyes or hear with our own ears.

Trump does a superb job of getting in his own way, and turning every policy disagreement into a junior high school fistfight.

Still, the last few days have been excruciating for me. Not because I have any affection for Trump or neo-Nazis or white supremacists. I don’t. The country would be better off without the lot of them. However, I have become quite fond of journalism.

I sure miss it.

Me too. Note that this syndicated column by Ruben Navarrette, Jr. is running in the San Francisco Chronicle, which buried its editors’ videotaped interview with Obama in January of 2008 in which he vowed to bankrupt the coal industry, instead of putting his words in giant 72 point type on its front page the next day. A serious presidential candidate vowing to wipe a major industry should be major news no matter what your political leanings or your views on environmentalism.

Its omission by the Chronicle served as a stark reminder that long ago, old media morphed into Democratic operatives with bylines, who merely produce content as a side function of their main goal of keeping their team in power and accumulating more of it.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/273393/

Good journalists are sick about it.

Americans don´t trust the media, and for good reason

The Hill, by Sbaryl Attkisson

Original Article

FTA:

Firewalls that once strictly separated news from opinion have been replaced by hopelessly blurred lines. Once-forbidden practices such as editorializing within straight news reports, and the inclusion of opinions as if fact, are not only tolerated; they’re encouraged.

We’ve exempted ourselves from the normal rules that used to govern us, and so the most egregious kinds of reporting errors are becoming more common. Formerly well-respected news organizations and experienced national journalists are making the sorts of mistakes that aren’t tolerated in journalism schools. When their mistakes are corrected at all, it’s with little seeming regret. And the corrections never garner a circulation as wide as the original salacious narrative.

Special interests understand this, as they peddle tasty bites of scandalous, dubious information, hoping one major news organization or popular blog will bite.

Edited by B-Man

No.............they don't cover him differently.......... :D

HE’S...... A....... KID! White House reporter clutches pearls over Barron Trump’s t-shirt (it has a shark on it!)

TlfjRWFK_bigger.jpeg

Barron. Trump wore a red tshirt that said: "On your mark shark" with a picture of a shark.

This is what ‘journalism’ has turned into.

it’s news when the president’s son wears a t-shirt with a shark on it?

No.............they don't cover him differently.......... :D

HE’S...... A....... KID! White House reporter clutches pearls over Barron Trump’s t-shirt (it has a shark on it!)

TlfjRWFK_bigger.jpeg

This is what ‘journalism’ has turned into.

it’s news when the president’s son wears a t-shirt with a shark on it?

But what kind of shark? A great-white, or a blacktip?

Trump is a horses rear end. Even when I agree with him he bothers me. Rule no dont attack the media... talk down to them... crack funny jokes and if you cant smile and wave... Clinton baffled them with stats and stories, Reagan with sharp wit... Bush 1 with dignity, Bush 2 with barroom humor... Trump just pisses people off or get ns people to attack castles with hate in their eyes. He has to find a stick to put off the media... not energize them...

Edited by North Buffalo

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) defended the media on Monday, just hours after President Trump lashed out at "fake news" on Twitter.

"My view is that most news is not fake, but I do try to look at a variety of sources," McConnell said at a Louisville Chamber of Commerce event when asked what publications he reads amid "accusations and counteraccusations about fake news."

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/347368-mcconnell-most-news-is-not-fake-news

Oh no, our paid right wing poster won't like this. Go get him B-Man, earn your paycheck!

Trump is a horses rear end. Even when I agree with him he bothers me. Rule no dont attack the media... talk down to them... crack funny jokes and if you cant smile and wave... Clinton baffled them with stats and stories, Reagan with sharp wit... Bush 1 with dignity, Bush 2 with barroom humor... Trump just pisses people off or get ns people to attack castles with hate in their eyes. He has to find a stick to put off the media... not energize them...

Trump isn't so much trying to deal with the press so much as get them in a frenzy and let them destroy their own credibility. He's doing a fantastic job of it.

And yes, he is a horse's ass.

Trump isn't so much trying to deal with the press so much as get them in a frenzy and let them destroy their own credibility. He's doing a fantastic job of it.

Yes and even a horse's ass serves a purpose.

every day I wake up and clear the cobwebs and remember that he beat HIllary.

and although this isn't a great thing like when Reagan won, it still makes me smile to remember he beat Hillary.

I guess with Texas we can get ready for the media to scream that it is all Trump's fault that natural disasters happened.

It will be interesting, if this hurricane ends up being serious, to see whether Trump can act like an adult for a few minutes and restrain himself from reminding everyone how CNN looked at him funny in third period study hall.

If he can come off as something close to "presidential" during a moment of disaster, I think it could be an opportunity for him to alleviate some of the pressure he is getting from all sides. I'm not sure he's interested in that though. We'll see.

Cuga, you ware wasting so much time worrying about Trump, this is Kardashian reporting to people who are mindless...

You have already determined everything will be wrong, a very silly way to go through life.

You have already determined everything will be wrong, a very silly way to go through life.

No, I haven't. I said it will be interesting to see... True, I don't have much confidence in Trump, but I think it was worth pointing out that his words and deeds during a crucial time can mean a lot. George W. increased his stock a great deal in the days following 9/11.

Also, get back to us about the Kardashians being of low consequence when they move into the White House.

EDIT: Also, you should be aware of how quick you are to turn this personal. I was just making a point about the pres--your reply was aimed at me specifically. You (knowing almost nothing about me) criticized the way I spend my time, called me (indirectly) mindless and said the way I live my life is silly. I think this would strike anyone as kind of odd...outside of this weirdly insular forum anyway. I just felt I should point that out because it seems easy for people to fall into that mindset here in PPP. But, regardless, it's kind of &#33;@#&#036;ed up and it's not anything like an actual conversation.

Edited by Cugalabanza

EDIT: Also, you should be aware of how quick you are to turn this personal. I was just making a point about the pres--your reply was aimed at me specifically. You (knowing almost nothing about me) criticized the way I spend my time, called me (indirectly) mindless and said the way I live my life is silly. I think this would strike anyone as kind of odd...outside of this weirdly insular forum anyway. I just felt I should point that out because it seems easy for people to fall into that mindset here in PPP. But, regardless, it's kind of !@#$ed up and it's not anything like an actual conversation.

Well said.

No, I haven't. I said it will be interesting to see... True, I don't have much confidence in Trump, but I think it was worth pointing out that his words and deeds during a crucial time can mean a lot. George W. increased his stock a great deal in the days following 9/11.

Also, get back to us about the Kardashians being of low consequence when they move into the White House.

EDIT: Also, you should be aware of how quick you are to turn this personal. I was just making a point about the pres--your reply was aimed at me specifically. You (knowing almost nothing about me) criticized the way I spend my time, called me (indirectly) mindless and said the way I live my life is silly. I think this would strike anyone as kind of odd...outside of this weirdly insular forum anyway. I just felt I should point that out because it seems easy for people to fall into that mindset here in PPP. But, regardless, it's kind of !@#$ed up and it's not anything like an actual conversation.

and you fell in to his wrath. Ignore it and reply to his worthwhile points and ignore the salient ones ... Or ignore him

No need to lamp a reply and draw a bigger spotlight when we all see the same thing you do. Painting yourself a victim just makes you a bigger Target and victim

This is golden, should be part of the Fox News cascade of images before each newscast.

so when you vomit into your gas mask, i guess that makes it a little harder to breath?

Two points.............

If you wear a gas mask to your "free speech" rally, you may not be a peaceful activist..... :lol:

How perfect is it that the guy who comes to rescue him is wearing a Kapernick jersey...... :D

It will be interesting, if this hurricane ends up being serious, to see whether Trump can act like an adult for a few minutes and restrain himself from reminding everyone how CNN looked at him funny in third period study hall.

If he can come off as something close to "presidential" during a moment of disaster, I think it could be an opportunity for him to alleviate some of the pressure he is getting from all sides. I'm not sure he's interested in that though. We'll see.

If he responds flawlessly, nothing will change. If he doesn't, the msm media will overblow his gaf and then Fox news/talk radio will make fun of the media for their overreaction. Nothing will change.

Top Five Remixes of the Antifa Protester Getting One in the Yarbles Outside Trump’s Rally.

All 5 videos at the link

Here are the top 5.

# 5 — The classic slow motion. Someone took time to slow the footage down so you can see the pain frame-by-frame.

#4 — WWE Commentary. This one is edited to have WWE JR dialogue overdubbed onto the footage.

#3 — Golf ball. This video mixes in Trump hitting a golf ball then cuts to the Antifa protester getting hit.

#2 —Titanic. The Daily Caller's Tim Young shared this remix featuring Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On.

#1— Romantic. Right after the guy gets it in the groin, the hit Whitney Houston song, I Will Always Love You begins playing

:lol:

One has a Cheech and Chong imitation excellent discussion as it happens.

I guess it's a dividing line on this one, anyone sick of this nonsense thinks it's the greatest ever.

you say you want a revolution...

If he responds flawlessly, nothing will change. If he doesn't, the msm media will overblow his gaf and then Fox news/talk radio will make fun of the media for their overreaction. Nothing will change.

you know DARN WELL the MSM will say that anything he does is the most Hitlerian horrendous gaffe in the history of the Universe...

It's so hilarious to laugh at all of it.

Edited by row_33

if he sniffs, he failed

If he uses the wrong word he failed

If he says Guam will tip over. ...fail

If he says that we are doing the best we can to help those affected...you guess it. Failed. Someone schlub will be seen on a roof top crying and we will be told think of the children

Two points.............

If you wear a gas mask to your "free speech" rally, you may not be a peaceful activist..... :lol:

How perfect is it that the guy who comes to rescue him is wearing a Kapernick jersey...... :D

I would advise anybody that once the police or military announces that you leave peacefully and immediately, that you do so.

Fun time is over, go home.

I would NEVER sit here at home and BREEZILY tell someone to stand there and push the police or military past this point of no return.

Some may feel that taking a shot to the pills or another Kent State is worth it, I leave that to their conscience.

I'm confident he will make some of the stupidest statements imaginable. (E.g.: "Why should we bother helping people who were too stupid to follow orders for a mandatory evacuation?"

I'm even more confident that nothing he says will be reported honestly anyway. (Follow-up to the above e.g.: "Trump calls residents of hardest hit minority neighborhoods "stupid." "Trump insists people should follow orders, just like Nazis." "Trump denies global warming.")

I'm even more confident that nothing he says will be reported honestly anyway. )

Many agree with you.............

"Sorry. This is commentary dressed up as news reporting... Could we please just stick to reporting what he said rather than packaging it in exegesis and selective criticism?"
Said the editor in chief of The Wall Street Journal Gerard Baker, quoted in "Wall Street Journal Editor Admonishes Reporters Over Trump Coverage" in the NYT