The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

And that he's the first President in 100 years not to have a pet. The horror!!

Trump is the resident animal at the White House. The man has TWO scoops of ice cream for dessert! There isn't room for pets there.

KILLING THE GODS OF THE CITY.

Trump is slaying sacred cows and, in the words of American Greatness Senior Editor Julie Ponzi, he is killing the gods of the city and no one knows what to do. The only thing anybody knows is that the things we are seeing have never been done before and Donald Trump is refusing to follow any of the proper conventions (if he even knows what they are . . . tsk tsk).

The media—the cornerstone of the establishment—is doing its best to make it clear to the American people that they ought to be wringing their hands about all of this. Chaos reigns in the imperial city, and Trump is to blame. Nothing is getting done, and everything is terrible.

Of course, this is all poppycock.

People should not be upset; they should be
enjoying
this. . . .

Americans who elected Trump do not worship the current gods of the city. They know you’re responsible for killing the old ones and they wish to return the favor now
. We want your gods dead.

Trump is not the cause of Washington’s decline. He’s a symptom, the wrecking ball that many Americans think was required.

So the President was in on the Fake news story about Seth Rich??

http://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-told-fox-news-to-publish-seth-rich-murder-hoax-lawsuit-claims

President Trump wasn’t the only administration figure involved in the story written by Fox News digital reporter Malia Zimmerman, Wheeler claims in his lawsuit.

“In the weeks and months leading up to the publication of Zimmerman’s May 16, 2017, article,” the lawsuit said, “Butowsky kept in regular contact with Trump administration officials—including Mr. Spicer, Mr. Bannon, and Director of Public Affairs at the Department of Justice, Sarah Flores—regarding his efforts relating to Seth Rich.”

Flores told The Daily Beast, “I have not communicated with Mr. Butowsky at any point this year.”

Wheeler claims Zimmerman’s article fabricated quotes ascribed to him.

“My investigation up to this point shows there was some degree of email exchange between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks,” the Fox News article claimed Wheeler said, adding later: “My investigation shows someone within the D.C. government, Democratic National Committee, or Clinton team is blocking the murder investigation from going forward. That is unfortunate. Seth Rich’s murder is unsolved as a result of that.”

So the President was in on the Fake news story about Seth Rich??

There is fake news going on... but it's not this story.

Wheeler's own words (the one's he supposedly never said): (don't know who this twitter account is btw but couldn't get the video separate)-

https://twitter.com/bocavista2016/status/892438129000550402

But more to the point, this was dropped today by Assange:

Seymour Hersh talking about Rich, Wikileaks and the DNC: Seth Rich in communication with Wikileaks-

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/892510925244203008?a

Relevant facts (per Hersh's word/sources... take them for what you will):

- No Podesta or DNC emails exist past May 21/22 (Rich was killed when? July 10th)

- Rich's computer shows communication between himself and Wikileaks in late spring, offering samples of emails and asking for money in return (per the FBI report Hersh claims to have seen and Assange himself who confirmed this to Hersh - and seemingly is confirming it again by tweeting this link)

- Rich left a deadman's switch, knowing he was in danger, in late June (long a source of speculation).

- Discusses motives for Brennan, Clapper, and the NYT to lie

Buckle up. It's about to get a lot uglier. Why? Four letters.

A

W

A

N

There is fake news going on... but it's not this story.

Wheeler's own words (the one's he supposedly never said): (don't know who this twitter account is btw but couldn't get the video separate)-

https://twitter.com/bocavista2016/status/892438129000550402

I wish I could find the original Fox News retracted article because Wheeler said his quotes were fabricated. I'd like to see if they quoted him accurately. Also, Ed Butkowski claims the tweet to Wheeler linking president Trump to the story was just a joke. It seems like a frivolous lawsuit by Wheeler against Fox to me at this point.

I wish I could find the original Fox News retracted article because Wheeler said his quotes were fabricated. I'd like to see if they quoted him accurately. Also, Ed Butkowski claims the tweet to Wheeler linking president Trump to the story was just a joke. It seems like a frivolous lawsuit by Wheeler against Fox to me at this point.

I agree, it's odd. There's fukkery afoot. (imo)

You really cannot beat our media...........................Never let a good eclipse go to waste

Boston Globe Manages to Politicize the Upcoming Solar Eclipse

Boston-Globe-Manages-to-Politicize-the-U

Add this to the annals of This is Why Everyone Hates the Media, Volume Eleventy Gazillion.

In approximately three weeks, Americans in flyover country will be treated to what NASA calls, “one of nature’s most awe-inspiring sights – a total solar eclipse.”

(more…)

Written (assumingly) to be amusing, it is simply another poor attempt at degrading Trump voters

Report: Trump Tells Members Of His Golf Club The White House Is ‘A Real Dump’

President Donald Trump explained his frequent weekend visits to his own properties by disparaging the White House in no uncertain terms, according to a report published Tuesday by Sports Illustrated.

Sports Illustrated reported that Trump recently explained his frequent weekend visits to his private golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, by telling members, “That White House is a real dump.”

You really cannot beat our media...........................Never let a good eclipse go to waste

Boston Globe Manages to Politicize the Upcoming Solar Eclipse

Boston-Globe-Manages-to-Politicize-the-U

Add this to the annals of This is Why Everyone Hates the Media, Volume Eleventy Gazillion.

In approximately three weeks, Americans in flyover country will be treated to what NASA calls, “one of nature’s most awe-inspiring sights – a total solar eclipse.”

(more…)

Written (assumingly) to be amusing, it is simply another poor attempt at degrading Trump voters

Hopkinsville, which is near the point where the total eclipse will last the longest, is in Christian County, where 63.9 percent of voters cast their ballots for Donald Trump last year.

That is the dumbest non-sequiter I have ever seen. :lol:

Report: Trump Tells Members Of His Golf Club The White House Is ‘A Real Dump’
President Donald Trump explained his frequent weekend visits to his own properties by disparaging the White House in no uncertain terms, according to a report published Tuesday by Sports Illustrated.
Sports Illustrated reported that Trump recently explained his frequent weekend visits to his private golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, by telling members, “That White House is a real dump.”

Harry Truman completely gutted the place. You do know that - don't you? And compared to the gold gilded palaces he's accustomed to, it probably is a bit shabby.

Harry Truman completely gutted the place. You do know that - don't you? And compared to the gold gilded palaces he's accustomed to, it probably is a bit shabby.

The Clintons stole everything they could move out of the White House.

And intangible things like respect and dignity and integrity fell as well during their stay.

Here is an interview with Ed Butkowski. It's messed up. I think it's contradicted now because Spicer admitted to them being in WH

http://www.thedailybeast.com/ed-butowsky-cnn-chris-cuomo-seth-rich-full-interview

Nate Silver @NateSilver538

Trump approval by month (per 538 average):

January 44.8

February 44.0

March 43.1

April 41.3

May 40.4

June 38.8

July 38.9

August 37.4

3:03 PM · Aug 2, 2017

For a moment there in July it almost looked like he could turn this thing around

Edited by HappyDays

“TRUMP HAS NO RESPECT FOR THE LAW, OR THE NORMS OF DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT!”

“You’re right! Let’s leak classified transcripts of his conversations with foreign leaders!”

“The less Trump can trust the regularly constituted government, the more justified he will feel in working irregularly. His irregular actions then justify more counter-irregularity from the rest of the government.”

Feel? The more justified he’ll be. . .

The Slow-Motion Coup d’Etat picks up steam: Leak of full transcripts of presidential conversations with foreign leaders a milestone in effort to paralyze the Trump administration.

The anti-Trump folks are making clear that they hate Trump more than they love America. But if the rules don’t apply, then the rules don’t apply.

They won’t like it when the rules don’t apply.

One of the things that Trump has done is to make clear that the sane, responsible, nonpartisan establishment is a fiction.

They appear to be neither sane, responsible, nor nonpartisan.

Instead, they’re acting like thin-skinned, entitled hacks. Probably because they are thin-skinned, entitled hacks.

rigged polls. that's almost funny. Of course some polls are rigged.

President Trump’s favorite poll isn’t giving him a boost anymore. The President’s approval rating in Rasmussen Reports, a right-leaning and oft-criticized polling firm beloved by Trump, dipped

That solar eclipse map looks like most of Donnys polls

Dear Donny doesn't like it when the rules don’t apply. He throws out the word Unconstitutional. Hey Russia, if you're listening...

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-the-fast-food-president_us_598344d9e4b0fa1575fc6830

Donald Trump Is The Fast-Food President The Trump administration is taking the reins off low-wage employers. It’s a stark reversal from the Obama years.
5983486515000021008b4e9f.jpeg?ops=scalef
ILLUSTRATION: GABRIELA LANDAZURI/HUFFPOST; PHOTOS: GETTY IMAGES
Fast-food employers and owners in other lower-wage industries are fans of the White House’s regulatory rollback.

Donald Trump loves fast food. The 45th president has no problem wolfing down a Quarter Pounder or digging his way through a bucket of KFC. ”Great stuff,” he once called the cheap, greasy fare.

Six months into Trump’s presidency, the fast-food industry has plenty of reason to love him back.

back when it was clinton it was a sign of how common he was. back when it was clinton it was indicative of him being a man of the people.

now, we have this.

I admit the validity of your statement, while simultaneously expressing my preference for having a toddler as president, as an object civics lesson in the dangers of consolidated authoritarian power in a single executive office.

Won't work. Enabling doesn't work for the better. It just makes things worse. You're codependent on Trump to teach us a lesson. It won't work.

:lol:....more Acosta hysterics

Jim Acosta exposes president not responding to press questions shouted over waiting helicopter

“Why won’t you talk to the press?” We’re thinking the question, shouted across a field as the president was approaching Marine One to depart for Bedminster, N.J., wasn’t meant rhetorically, but it sort of answers itself, doesn’t it?

CNN’s Jim Acosta, who decided earlier in the week it was his role to turn a press briefing into a debate over whether the Emma Lazarus poem added to the Statue of Liberty was legally binding immigration policy, shared video of the president giving the standard wave as he approached his waiting helicopter.

Trump ignores shouted questions on Mueller and grand jury as he departs for Bedminster

Acosta knows Trump can't hear him.

but showboaters gotta showboat

But more interesting, perhaps, is what the CNN poll tells us about his overall communications strategy:

55 percent say Trump has lowered the stature of the presidency, while only 17 percent say he has raised it, and another 25 percent say it is unchanged.

Only 31 percent say Trumps actions have made them more confident in his ability to serve as president, while a staggering 62 percent say his actions have made them less confident.

A total of 73 percent have low trust in what they hear in official communications from the White House: 30 percent trust nothing at all, and 43 percent trust just some of it, while 19 percent trust most of it and 5 percent trust almost all of it meaning only 24 percent trust much of what this White House tells them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/08/08/this-brutal-new-poll-shows-that-trumps-safe-space-is-shrinking/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-c%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.c50468c5edce

Rigged polls in the first place, then they adjust it down to what they are paid to say in the first place.

All six or seven of them that came out lately? I love the thinking that since some state polls were wrong in the general despite the national polls being correct that any poll conducted after the election is fake. The one problem with these national approval polls though (like they were in the general election) is they are conducted in the popular vote format. Would love to see his approval only in PA, WI, OH, FL, and MI.

Through six months you have an economy similar to Obama's, a failed ACA repeal or repeal/replace effort despite having a majority in both houses that Trump didn't do his homework on and simply tried to bully people through twitter, no wall construction yet, Carrier Indiana plant laying off over 600 workers, has done nothing trade wise to stop the imports of foreign cars like he promised, and he's golfed more than any president ever through his first 200 days despite saying he wouldn't be golfing. People aren't stupid and notice that stuff.

They ask people every day if their impression has changed?

Okay..............

I told you already I was called by a MAJOR polling org'n and I told them I'd gladly participate but:

1) I will 100% guaranteed vote;

and

2) I will almost always vote for the Progressive Conservative candidate at provincial and federal level.

They then said I was not the kind of person they were looking for.

They, and all polling orgs can SUCK IT.

FAKE NEWS? Russian surveillance plane soars over the Pentagon, Capitol and other Washington sights.

A Russian surveillance plane soared through secure airspace over Washington on Wednesday, presumably collecting intelligence as it traveled near the Pentagon, the Capitol and other government buildings, two U.S. officials said.

The Russian Air Force Tupolev Tu-154 aircraft made the flight through the Treaty on Open Skies, which Russia, the United States and 32 other nations have signed. The treaty established criteria under which countries can make unarmed observation flights over the soil of other treaty members in an effort to promote transparency and international arms control efforts, according to the State Department.

The Capitol Police issued an alert Wednesday that warned that an “authorized low-altitude aircraft” would enter restricted airspace between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. The alert did not state who owned the plane, but said it “will be large and may fly directly over the U.S. Capitol.”

The treaty was signed in 1992 and has been in effect since 2002, so I’m not sure why WaPo and CNN are suddenly making a big deal out of it, unless it’s to make Trump appear ineffectual on Russia.

:unsure:

FAKE NEWS? Russian surveillance plane soars over the Pentagon, Capitol and other Washington sights.

A Russian surveillance plane soared through secure airspace over Washington on Wednesday, presumably collecting intelligence as it traveled near the Pentagon, the Capitol and other government buildings, two U.S. officials said.

The Russian Air Force Tupolev Tu-154 aircraft made the flight through the Treaty on Open Skies, which Russia, the United States and 32 other nations have signed. The treaty established criteria under which countries can make unarmed observation flights over the soil of other treaty members in an effort to promote transparency and international arms control efforts, according to the State Department.

The Capitol Police issued an alert Wednesday that warned that an “authorized low-altitude aircraft” would enter restricted airspace between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. The alert did not state who owned the plane, but said it “will be large and may fly directly over the U.S. Capitol.”

The treaty was signed in 1992 and has been in effect since 2002, so I’m not sure why WaPo and CNN are suddenly making a big deal out of it, unless it’s to make Trump appear ineffectual on Russia.

:unsure:

The Post is making a big deal about it because after 9/11 people here get concerned about low-flying planes. And the Post is, ultimately, a DC paper.

Fair enough sir, I will defer to your response.

Note, though, that I did not mention CNN. I have no idea why they are obsessing.

I'm working downtown right now. Trust me, if the local news hadn't obsessively announced the flyover, people would have freaked out.

Note, though, that I did not mention CNN. I have no idea why they are obsessing.

I'm working downtown right now. Trust me, if the local news hadn't obsessively announced the flyover, people would have freaked out.

Remember the freak out in NYC a few years back when they didn't announce an Air Force One photo-op flyover over the Statue?

https://news.vice.com/story/trump-folder-positive-news-white-house

Twice a day since the beginning of the Trump administration, a special folder is prepared for the president. The first document is prepared around 9:30 a.m. and the follow-up, around 4:30 p.m. Former Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and former Press Secretary Sean Spicer both wanted the privilege of delivering the 20-to-25-page packet to President Trump personally, White House sources say.

These sensitive papers, described to VICE News by three current and former White House officials, dont contain top-secret intelligence or updates on legislative initiatives. Instead, the folders are filled with screenshots of positive cable news chyrons (those lower-third headlines and crawls), admiring tweets, transcripts of fawning TV interviews, praise-filled news stories, and sometimes just pictures of Trump on TV looking powerful.